The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Im usually afraid of the Stargate Fandom forum.....
    I decided to see what this forum was about, and im still kinda afraid. But its hard to deny a thread about Martin Wood...

Us? Nah, we're all perfectly sane in a slightly crazy old way.

Welcome.

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    *wonders if we should take him a few extra pairs of shorts to SE*

*also wonders how many words we can add 'uary' to*

Shortsuary
    Toolsuary
    Aaaand Cutuary
    Actionuary

Binanamilkshakeuary (what my little man is demanding right now - spelling deliberate because he likes to be cute and say it that way despite knowing better. )

OK, I'll stop now.

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    No. Not.

Oh. *huge squishy huggles*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Okay so here's me with my OTness....and proves how crazy I am...and I'd love for your guys encouragment.

I blame a_loquita for this on LJ. You guys know how much I love to write fanfiction..well I do like to write period So...she mentioned this thing called NaNo, maybe you've heard of it LJ? Anyway it's for National Novel Writing Month which is the month of November and you have to write 50,000 words in one month. And I've wanted to write something outside the realm of fanfiction for a very long time, so...now's my opportunity! I suck at writing and I know that, but practice makes perfect right? Anyway if you guys could poke me occasionally and support me in this it would be so appreciated! *huggles you guys*

Edit- Oh no...what's wrong LJ? *huggles*
    Go you! I once got asked to write for a virtual season project for the X Files. I had three stories lined up for it but the guy organising it couldn't find his backside ith his own hands so I ended up just making them into standard fanfics.

You haven't thunked the legs

Allow me...

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ty36edit-1.jpg

Oooh legs...

Umm... feet. feet are wrongwrongwrongwrong and did I mention wrong

See now why we love the shorts?

Seriously hoping he dumps the jeans for SE...........

Edit: Forgot to say, at the end of Eulogy..

Spoiler:
    Anyone else instantly think of Lost City? "
    Oh, yes...

Sanctuary
    Spoiler:
    That's exactly th same emotional impact it had on me. Just simply incredible.

*huggles Jann* Hope you are on the mend.

*waves at Nad and, umm, everyone else.*

Right, how many times shall I let the kids over the road bounce their football against my car before I go out there and tear their heads off? I wouldn't mind them kicking a ball about if they had nowehere else to go but... we have a playing field literally 2 minutes walk away that involves no crossing of main roads or anything... and these are 10 to 12 year olds whose houses back onto said field...Do they really have to play football in the road? Grrr!
    It's going to be a very long week.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Welcome to the thread, Replicator Todd!!!

*waves*
      I see everyone's been enjoying Sanctuary, huh?
      Oh how could we not? It's like Martin said "You'll never leave your tv set, waiting for the next ep!"

Am I the only one that feels these eps seem shorter, like they're over far too quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Us? Nah, we're all perfectly sane in a slightly crazy old way.

Welcome.

Shortsuary
        Toolsuary
        Aaaand Cutuary
        Actionuary

Binanamilkshakeuary (what my little man is demanding right now - spelling deliberate because he likes to be cute and say it that way despite knowing better. )

OK, I'll stop now.
        I can see we're going to be adding lots of new words to Martinspeak

Although I have to say I don't like 'factuary', I prefer Martin's 'factoids'

Oooh legs...

Umm... feet. feet are wrongwrongwrongwrong and did I mention wrong
        Normally I wood agree about feet but his are a but cute

Oh, yes...

Sanctuary
        Spoiler:
        That's exactly the same emotional impact it had on me. Just simply incredible.
        She said it exactly the same way as Sam

*huggles Jann* Hope you are on the mend.

*waves at Nad and, umm, everyone else.*

Right, how many times shall I let the kids over the road bounce their football against my car before I go out there and tear their heads off? I wouldn't mind them kicking a ball about if they had nowehere else to go but... we have a playing field literally 2 minutes walk away that involves no crossing of main roads or anything... and these are 10 to 12 year olds whose houses back onto said field...Do they really have to play football in the road? Grrr!
        ONCE!! I had the same problem and put a stop to it immediately (brand new car ), despite being told by one of them that I was only picking on him because he was black I told him I didn't care if he was sky-blue-pink, I just wanted him to stop damaging my car

I did suggest that he should go and kick the ball around outside his own house, but apparently he wasn't allowed to in case he hit his father's car with it

Comment

She said it exactly the same way as Sam
          Blimey I didn't even connect that. Now y'see, I have to rewatch now. Oh the hardship!

(I still haven't see the podcast. Maybe later).

ONCE!! I had the same problem and put a stop to it immediately (brand new car ), despite being told by one of them that I was only picking on him because he was black I told him I didn't care if he was sky-blue-pink, I just wanted him to stop damaging my car

I did suggest that he should go and kick their ball around outside his own house, but apparently he wasn't allowed to in case he hit his father's car with it
          Yeah that's usually the way it is. This kid lives opposite though so hiss car is in the firing line too. The guy two doors down went out and gave them hell last night for the same thing. They've gone in (presumably for lunch) now and hubby has taken the car to work so problem over for now. They'll be back later so expect my blood pressure to rise. The other day they, and their mates, were sat on my driveway with a hammer chipping away at the concrete... um, ok, so I know I have a very unpretty concrete hardstanding for a front garden but it is still private property and I don't appreciate having it damaged! I have lost count of the times I and others have told them about the ball games though. I really think we're going to have to get the LA to contact thair parents about it and then, I have my doubts about it stopping. Oh well.
          sigpic

Comment

Blimey I didn't even connect that. Now y'see, I have to rewatch now. Oh the hardship!

(I still haven't see the podcast. Maybe later).
            It was the 'Please'

Yes, it's a hardship, but being a dedicated WooHoo I'm sure you'll manage

Yeah that's usually the way it is. This kid lives opposite though so hiss car is in the firing line too. The guy two doors down went out and gave them hell last night for the same thing. They've gone in (presumably for lunch) now and hubby has taken the car to work so problem over for now. They'll be back later so expect my blood pressure to rise. The other day they, and their mates, were sat on my driveway with a hammer chipping away at the concrete... um, ok, so I know I have a very unpretty concrete hardstanding for a front garden but it is still private property and I don't appreciate having it damaged! I have lost count of the times I and others have told them about the ball games though. I really think we're going to have to get the LA to contact thair parents about it and then, I have my doubts about it stopping. Oh well.
            You could always just ask the parents if they mind if your son uses their car for footie practise, and if they seem surprised at your request just point out to them that that's what their kids are doing to yours

By the time your LA get around to it, the holidays will be over and you'll be under three feet of snow

School holidays should be BANNED!!!!

Comment

Ah, didn't catch that, too busy trying to listen to Martin in between the silliness
              I think it was somewhere at the beginning.

Er....
              You don't know Rothman? But.... but.... he was a member of sg1 for a while... sort of... in a dream...

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...-4x08-2158.jpg

Hmmm. I guess you're right.....

[center]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...-09-3-edit.jpg

but....... I miss the shorts
              Dude I'm always right. Besides, the shorts are still around. It's just nice to make a change once in a while... you know. It's like a special occasion type thing.

See now why we love the shorts?

Seriously hoping he dumps the jeans for SE...........

Edit: Forgot to say, at the end of Eulogy..

Spoiler:
              Anyone else instantly think of Lost City? "
              Hmm....

Spoiler:
              Now that you mention it I guess it did sound like it. But Helen as a character is so far removed from Sam, most of the time I just forget that AT plays them both. / *fangurl moment*

Stuff like that seriously annoys me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                I think it was somewhere at the beginning.

You don't know Rothman? But.... but.... he was a member of sg1 for a while... sort of... in a dream...
                Ah, didn't recognize him without the hair

Dude I'm always right. Besides, the shorts are still around. It's just nice to make a change once in a while... you know. It's like a special occasion type thing.
                I think what it is, he wears the shorts mostly when he's working, but we haven't seen much of that lately, just seeing the 'special occasions'. Had he actually been on the Sanctuary S1 dvds for more than a few seconds.......

*tries not to do a majorly selfish rant * I've been avoiding saying anything for weeks.

I guess I was hoping to see something similar to his SG1 Director's Series and SGA Mission Directives for some of the Sanctuary eps, so I was very disappointed with the Special Features. I know it's probably due to time restraints and all the extra work they have to put into the eps, but I really really wish they'd got Ivon to go along and film Martin at work

Hmm....

Spoiler:
                Now that you mention it I guess it did sound like it. But Helen as a character is so far removed from Sam, most of the time I just forget that AT plays them both. / *fangurl moment*
                Tbh, it's taken me a while to separate Helen and Sam completely, but S2 has totally done that for me

Comment

*wanders in sleepily*

mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers

Hey Woohoos

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    *wanders in sleepily*

mustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilersmustnotclickspoilers

Hey Woohoos
                    Hey Sarai

No, don't click them

Although actually I don't think there's much really spoilery.

How've you been? Busy?

Comment

Did you see my edit ^^^ ?

Special features on SG dvds? Oh, where do I start?

Spoiler:
                      SG1 favourites..

Lost City - Director's Series
                      Lost City - The Storyboard process
                      Abyss - Director's Series
                      The Changeling - DS
                      COVENANT! - DS (sorry, one of my absolute faves )
                      Revisions - DS
                      Descent - Only for the Thor wiggle
                      200 - Behind the 200
                      Frozen - DS
                      Redemption - DS
                      Continuum - All the bts stuff.....

SGA

QUARANTINE!!! - Mission Directive
                      Phantoms MD
                      The Seige MD (all of them!)
                      First Strike MD
                      The Storm/The Eye - MD
                      TRIO - The making of

Oh, oh! The Atlantis set tour!!! *faints*
                      And Preview to Atlantis, when he was wearing the red t-shirt......

Er, I guess that's pretty much all of them......

Some of them are on my youtube page

Edit: Wait! Are you seriously telling me you've never seen Martin's Special Features??????????
                      http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...le65/faint.gif
                      Err....I listen to some of the Atlantis S1 commentary when I first got those a few years ago...and watched those features... But umm other than the LC commentary...no haven't seen any

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                      <snip>

Hmm....

Spoiler:

Stuff like that seriously annoys me.
                      *nods* That's like a law of the universe...Jas is always right

Regrading your spoiler (Sanctuary)...
                      Spoiler:
                      Same here...though occasionally I'll see mannerisms where Helen will look up and than flick her eyes down that remind me of Sam's mannerisms...but other than that they're two very different characters for me and I adore how she plays both of them

*huggles you all*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hey Woohoos

Sanctuary:
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh my goodness, I was in bits at the end last night too! And I can't believe what a huge step up in quality S2 is over S1, it's just incredible now.

Hope everyone's good and smiley and the kids have stopped attacking Cags's car and that Jann's exams went well
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Not going to spoiler tag this because it's not really at all spoilery but you know I was able to really easily separate Helen Magnus from Sam Carter more or less from the outset. Just everything about her is so competely different to Sam; not just phsyically but mannerisms, personality and everything. I never had a "oh look it's Sam" moment with Helen. It's the same with her AU Sams too. I always felt they were separate people.

I started writing this just before SGU started and I've been sat here a bit slack jawed in awe tonight so only just getting around to finishing writing it. Oh it's good tonight!

Bravo PTB!
                          sigpic

Comment

*huggles everyone*

I'm beat....*yawns*

First time I had to drive that long and that far alone Went okay overall...but I did miss some exits and needed navigation(love that thing now!) I do hope that I didn't get a fine for driving too fast somewhere
                            Exams...Budgeting went okay...Spanish Yuck!(I was thinking more about food and sleeping than Spanish at that moment)

Now just got home...and gonna do something laaazzzyy
                            sigpic

Comment

Not going to spoiler tag this because it's not really at all spoilery but you know I was able to really easily separate Helen Magnus from Sam Carter more or less from the outset. Just everything about her is so competely different to Sam; not just phsyically but mannerisms, personality and everything. I never had a "oh look it's Sam" moment with Helen. It's the same with her AU Sams too. I always felt they were separate people.

I started writing this just before SGU started and I've been sat here a bit slack jawed in awe tonight so only just getting around to finishing writing it. Oh it's good tonight!

Bravo PTB!
                              I couldn't tell...could you elaborate on your comment about SGU from the S/J thread?

SGU
                              Spoiler:
                              I couldn't tell did you like the whole everyone having sex...or not?

And alas I'm still 'meh' about SGU...I just don't know...

Edit- Or are you saying Bravo about the scifi/writing part rather than the relationships part Cags?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I wonder if Martin Wood is going to do any Stargate again, although he is doing a fine job with Sanctuary!

Comment

Working...
                                X