The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    I know, I know. Just sometimes I get a little lost, I can't see the horizon and it's scary.
    *programmes Woohood HQ into Jumble's tomtom*
    *lights campfire*
    *organises hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and marshmallows for toasting*
    *loads MW slideshow & vids onto laptop*
    *prepares squishy huggles*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
      *lights campfire*
      *organises hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and marshmallows for toasting*
      *hugs Oma*

Edit: It's NavMan

Comment

Oh my PTB! This is the most rufflable, adorable pic in the universe!!!!!

*ruffles Joe's hair*
        *thunks*

mmmmmmm, sweeeeeeeeeeeet

In unrelated, but hilarious news, My dance college is having a formal (prom) next weekend, because some of my classmates are 16 and 17 and never finished high school. So we are having a formal for them so that they get to do the whole graduation pretty dress thing. So those of us who graduated some time ago are shopping on ebay for 80s PROM DRESSES!!! It's going to be hilairous! I will take pictures for you all

In more humorous news, the same dance school is putting on a production of Mary Poppins and I am Mary Poppins. Ha ha! And my lad is Bert. This is going to be funny...

*huggles Woohoos*
        *looks at Joe*
        *ruffles his hair again*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          I was researching an adoption agency, which turned out to be a bit of a disappointment. *sigh* Joe spam, anyone?
          (((LJ)))

Andd...others already provided the Joe spam...

*huggles everyone else*

*looks at fire*

*uses broccoli instead of marshmellows*

Tastes...interesting...instead of...only smoking
          sigpic

Comment

*wanders in, yawning*
            Morning Woohoos

Jumble - big huge squishy hugs for you and hope today is a better day

Bekki - I think the idea of you playing Mary Poppins is beyond awesome!!! I only wish I could come and see it!
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Morning WooHoos

According to Greg GW went onto the new server around 9pm last night, so should be good from now on. Next Friday night will prove or disprove it

Yay for Bekki being Mary Poppins

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                *lights campfire*

Aww, that's possibly the sweetest thing I have read for a long time.

*squishy hugs Oma for being awesome*

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                In unrelated, but hilarious news, My dance college is having a formal (prom) next weekend, because some of my classmates are 16 and 17 and never finished high school. So we are having a formal for them so that they get to do the whole graduation pretty dress thing. So those of us who graduated some time ago are shopping on ebay for 80s PROM DRESSES!!! It's going to be hilairous! I will take pictures for you all

You know, I think I have a couple lurking about I could lend you. That little black number I affectionately referred to as my skating dress (it was that short.) Then there was the mint green waffle with bat wing sleeves and drop waist... and the silver wrapover with the huge shoulder pads... the multu sspot one with the red plastic belt (that I accesorised with red plastic stilleto heels and red plastic hoop earrings. Oh I wish I still had all those dresses.

Mary Poppins! Yaya that's quite a role. We're going to want pictures you know.

Morning WooHoos

According to Greg GW went onto the new server around 9pm last night, so should be good from now on. Next Friday night will prove or disprove it

Yay for Bekki being Mary Poppins
                Fingerscrossed. We shall see eh!

Oh lookie there, the Tantrumator has fallen asleep. Peace reigns!
                However that means a late night for him which, given the clock change tonight, probably isn't a bad thing (or I'll be getting up at 5.30 am instead of 6.30am... neither hours is decent IMO. )
                You know at the moment we lurch from one tantrum to another pretty much every day. Poor child has inherited stubborness from me it seems. It's an all day 12 hour battle of wills in this house at the moment. Potty training? Don't even start me on that. the boy will be going to university in his nappies at this rate.

I picked a bad time to give up wine.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Aww, that's possibly the sweetest thing I have read for a long time.

*squishy hugs Oma for being awesome*
                  Indeed she is

I got the sweetest Little Hug in the post last week, on a day when I really needed it

*hugs Oma*

You know, I think I have a couple lurking about I could lend you. That little black number I affectionately referred to as my skating dress (it was that short.) Then there was the mint green waffle with bat wing sleeves and drop waist... and the silver wrapover with the huge shoulder pads... the multu sspot one with the red plastic belt (that I accesorised with red plastic stilleto heels and red plastic hoop earrings. Oh I wish I still had all those dresses.
                  Wood you still wear them?

Mary Poppins! Yaya that's quite a role. We're going to want pictures you know.

Fingerscrossed. We shall see eh!
                  Indeed! In any case we now have our own brand new FB place to go when GW fails

Oh lookie there, the Tantrumator has fallen asleep. Peace reigns!
                  However that means a late night for him which, given the clock change tonight, probably isn't a bad thing (or I'll be getting up at 5.30 am instead of 6.30am... neither hours is decent IMO. )
                  You know at the moment we lurch from one tantrum to another pretty much every day. Poor child has inherited stubborness from me it seems. It's an all day 12 hour battle of wills in this house at the moment. Potty training? Don't even start me on that. the boy will be going to university in his nappies at this rate.

I picked a bad time to give up wine.
                  May I suggest you stop the potty training? Just from my own experience, but I've always found that if it's a battle it's not the right time. And I've never known a child that wasn't trained by the time he/she went to school

And tantrums are best ignored. It's no fun if no-one is taking any notice

Comment

Indeed she is

Wood you still wear them?
                    Well 80's stuff is all back in vogue so... yeah, I'd love to but, hmph, I'm at least 2 sizes bigger these days.

I have pictures somewhere - at least of the silver one I know, complete with poodle perm.

Ok maybe not the mint green one. I could live without the memory of that just fine. (mint green stockings and white stilletoes to go with it).

Indeed! In any case we now have our own brand new FB place to go when GW fails
                    We do!

May I suggest you stop the potty training? Just from my own experience, but I've always found that if it's a battle it's not the right time. And I've never known a child that wasn't trained by the time he/she went to school

And tantrums are best ignored. It's no fun if no-one is taking any notice

Yeah, you're right (on both scores) everyone I know who's done it has told me to leave the training until he is ready and it will be so so much easier and he so isn't ready at all. I think I am feeling the pressure a bit because I want to send him to pre-school playgroups from April (cashing in on what the government offer us - might as well) and I'm feeling a bit like he should be trained by then. That in itself is daft when those playgroups have younger children who are not potty trained so it's hardly a hardship to change one more child's bum is it? And April is a long way away.
                    I'm going to just give up on the whole thing and wait for him to tell me when it's time.

I know the tantrummy phase will pass. He's just impossible to reason with when he's like that... which is all the time lately... hmm, perhaps I am expecting too much of a 2 1/2 year old!

I think the only answer is to follow the patented "Jacob's Creek De-stress Diet" *cough is it wine-o-clock yet? *ahem cough*

*squishy huggles Jumble for all her Fab advice*
                    sigpic

Comment

Well 80's stuff is all back in vogue so... yeah, I'd love to but, hmph, I'm at least 2 sizes bigger these days.

I have pictures somewhere - at least of the silver one I know, complete with poodle perm.

Ok maybe not the mint green one. I could live without the memory of that just fine. (mint green stockings and white stilletoes to go with it).

We do!
                      That's what I was hinting at. Who among us is the same size as we were in the 80's?

Yeah, you're right (on both scores) everyone I know who's done it has told me to leave the training until he is ready and it will be so so much easier and he so isn't ready at all. I think I am feeling the pressure a bit because I want to send him to pre-school playgroups from April (cashing in on what the government offer us - might as well) and I'm feeling a bit like he should be trained by then. That in itself is daft when those playgroups have younger children who are not potty trained so it's hardly a hardship to change one more child's bum is it? And April is a long way away.
                      I'm going to just give up on the whole thing and wait for him to tell me when it's time.
                      There you go then, listen to the voices of experience One day he'll suddenly get it, and you can wave goodbye to the nappies forever

I know the tantrummy phase will pass. He's just impossible to reason with when he's like that... which is all the time lately... hmm, perhaps I am expecting too much of a 2 1/2 year old!
                      You can't reason with a 2-year-old tantrum. Just make sure he's safe, then walk away. If you can't actually move away from him (depending where you are) then just turn away, don't speak to him and don't make eye-contact. Once he realises it's not having the desired effect (ie winding you up) he'll soon get out out of the habit. It's hard to do, but soooo worth it

I think the only answer is to follow the patented "Jacob's Creek De-stress Diet" *cough is it wine-o-clock yet? *ahem cough*

*squishy huggles Jumble for all her Fab advice*
                      Yep, that'll work

*huggles back* You're welcome

Comment

runs in to throw confetti....
                        yaaay another 69!

Comment

Comment

You can't reason with a 2-year-old tantrum. Just make sure he's safe, then walk away. If you can't actually move away from him (depending where you are) then just turn away, don't speak to him and don't make eye-contact. Once he realises it's not having the desired effect (ie winding you up) he'll soon get out out of the habit. It's hard to do, but soooo worth it

True enough. It is hard though... see to me he's so articulate and seems to understand stuff so well. He's probalby no more or less than any other child his age but when he comes out with the stuff he does I just foorget he's only two sometimes.

And yes, I am on my second glass already.
                            sigpic

Comment

True enough. It is hard though... see to me he's so articulate and seems to understand stuff so well. He's probalby no more or less than any other child his age but when he comes out with the stuff he does I just foorget he's only two sometimes.

And yes, I am on my second glass already.
                              For what it's worth, in my experience it's the most intelligent children that throw the worst tantrums! It's not that he doesn't understand what you're saying to him, it's that he doesn't want to do what you want him to do without first making a fuss. He's testing his powers, which is why it's important that you don't interact with him and give him your full attention, because that way he gets to control the situation. You can't give that kind of control to a 2-year-old because he's not mature enough to deal with it. He has to learn that you are in control and that because you love him you will always do what is best for him. And of course once he's calmed down you can reassure him with hugs and explain to him that his behaviour is unnacceptable and that you need to be able to trust him to do as you ask without fuss.

When I was three, I laid on the floor in Woolworths kicking and screaming because I wanted a certain toy and wasn't allowed it. My mother headed for the door (to the horror of everyone around ) and as soon as she opened the door I got up and ran after her begging her not to leave me. A little extreme maybe, but it taught me a lesson

Unfortunately, I never got the hugs or the reasurance, which is probably why I'm such an emotional mess now
                              Last edited by Jumble; 24 October 2009, 12:57 PM.

Comment

*huggles Cags and Jumble*
                                Because it sounds like you both need it today
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X