The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves to Bekki quietly so as not to wake her up*

WooHoos! The Artwork thread Challenges will soon reach 69 and it occurred to me that we should try to come up with something special for that

Any suggestions? (keeping it PG )

Comment

Hey Woohoos

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      *blinks*

This is getting...weird...
      Getting??

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
      Hey there everyone! Sorry I haven't visited in a while, but I come bearing a couple of banners for you!

First is my newest Damian banner--I wouldn't have these absolutely wonderful pictures if it wasn't for Jumble's thoughtful PM, so THANKS AGAIN!

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/v...I/sobright.jpg

Second is a little something with Martin Wood. (I know I've used the picture before, but I got started on this, wasn't sure what to do, and just decided to throw the picture in, but with a different spin on it.) I personally love the colors on this one--very Irish.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/v...retservice.jpg

I'm afraid I also have to whine a little bit. I'll put everything in as succinctly as possible.

1. I'm whining because: I can't go to the official Sanctuary convention.
      2. I can't go because: Everything's too expensive.
      3. Why it makes me whine: Damian and Martin Wood are going to be there.
      4. My humble opinion of the situation:
      5. My current level of hope that I'll ever go to Vancouver: Zero.

Thanks for listening to me whine. I know it's not a particularly important thing to whine about, but even so...

Well, anyhow, is anyone planning to share photos from their trip to the convention, for those of us who are stuck in their nowhere-near-Vancouver little corners of the world?

Also, does anyone use the GIMP for banners and such? (Don't ask me why I just thought of that, but I use it and I personally think it's just GREAT.)

And one more thing--luvnjack, I noticed your Joe Mallozzi banner! I have that picture myself. (But unfortunately don't like the glasses ) But anyway, what font did you use?? I would love to get ahold of it!
      Great sigs! I used to use gimp (as did quite a few of us I believe) but have now transferred to photoshop. Most of us who artwork play over in the S/J art thread, where there's lots of tips and tuts and resources shared, and weekly challenges, and all artwork is welcome (not just S/J or SG ). Feel free to come over and join in!

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      Sanctuary won a Gemini for Best Visual Effects

Lee Wilson, Caleb Ashmore, Matthew Belbin, Sebastien Bergeron, Ken Lee, Lionel Lim, Mladen Miholjcic, Les Quinn, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Philippe Thibault
      Sanctuary
      Sanctuary For All P1

*blinks*
      Wooohoood!!!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        I do

Love the banners!
        Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Teal'c's PI, impressive banners. Really beautiful colouring. And... ((((hugs))) for the ranty stuff. When it comes to money, it does indeed suck.
        Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Great sigs! I used to use gimp (as did quite a few of us I believe) but have now transferred to photoshop. Most of us who artwork play over in the S/J art thread, where there's lots of tips and tuts and resources shared, and weekly challenges, and all artwork is welcome (not just S/J or SG ). Feel free to come over and join in!
        I'm glad you like my banners, everyone! Thanks! (And thanks Cagranosalis for the hugs. )

I also have a request...could you put your heads together and please give me the Top 10 Best Martin Wood pics?? Actually, make that Top 9--Jumble already put up...

...that one.

-----

EDIT

Oh, I almost forgot! I'm not sure if any of you have visited the French Sanctuary site, but I took a look around yesterday and found these absolutely hilarious pictures of Damian from around 2007!

http://www.sanctuary-france.com/inde...tegorie&cat=26

Enjoy There's also some of Amanda and Martin Wood (though not much of him, unfortunately).

And that brings me to a strange little thing I've noticed...I simply cannot call Martin Wood anything other than Martin Wood! No matter what I do, I always end up saying something like, "Hey, I found a new picture of Martin...Wood."
        Last edited by Teal'c_PI; 22 October 2009, 09:52 AM.
        sigpic
        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Top ten Martinpics? Only ten? Hmmmm.........

Well this is an absolute must..

..and then of course there's this one....

... and then there's these........

*counts* Um........

Well it really was an impossible task!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Well it really was an impossible task!!!!!
            Not a problem--I'd rather have twenty more pictures in my brand-new Martin Wood folder than just ten! Thanks a lot!

-----

EDIT

And as usual, I can't give you any points. Ugh.
            sigpic
            ~the guitarists~

Comment

.... because there are also these....

OMG! I forgot THE SHIRT!!!

.... and the yellow slicker......

Comment

Not a problem--I'd rather have twenty more pictures in my brand-new Martin Wood folder than just ten! Thanks a lot!

-----

EDIT

And as usual, I can't give you any points. Ugh.

I have about 4500 of them in my folder

Comment

Where did you FIND all these?!

More importantly...can I make banners with them?? Please??
                  sigpic
                  ~the guitarists~

Comment

*happy WooHoo sigh*

This thread is so beautiful to ogle...
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Where did you FIND all these?!
                      Some are screencaps from my dvds, some are promos, some I found on the internet, some I snurched from the other WooHoos

More importantly...can I make banners with them?? Please??
                      Of course! Spread the Martin love far and wide

But you have to run them by me first, just so that I can make sure you've done him justice, right? Only the best artwork is good enough for Martin

I'm joking of course

Comment

*happy WooHoo sigh*

This thread is so beautiful to ogle...
                        You're obgling the thread? Nad, you're doing it wrong...... you're supposed to ogle MARTIN!!! *shakes head*

Comment

Some are screencaps from my dvds, some are promos, some I found on the internet, some I snurched from the other WooHoos

Of course! Spread the Martin love far and wide

But you have to run them by me first, just so that I can make sure you've done him justice, right? Only the best artwork is good enough for Martin

I'm joking of course
                          I certainly will--I'll put them up right here before anything else! Thanks again!

Well anyway, I'm signing off now, but I'll be back soon...with banners...

Bye everyone!
                          sigpic
                          ~the guitarists~

Comment

You're obgling the thread? Nad, you're doing it wrong...... you're supposed to ogle MARTIN!!! *shakes head*

Ah, but in the grand sceme of things, Martin is everywhere and thus by ogling the thread I am in reality ogling Martin.

I certainly will--I'll put them up right here before anything else! Thanks again!

Well anyway, I'm signing off now, but I'll be back soon...with banners...

Bye everyone!
                            *happy dances in anticipation*
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ah, but in the grand sceme of things, Martin is everywhere and thus by ogling the thread I am in reality ogling Martin.

He's everywhere? You mean he knows about may walls? And.... other stuff??
                              Last edited by Jumble; 22 October 2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

He's everywhere? You mean knows about may walls? And.... other stuff??
                                Everywhere
                                And you know... If he ever were to lurk here, he wood know about the walls and other stuff anyway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X