The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want to know what I think? Ok *takes deep breath*

Firstly, Sanctuary is very much ON TOPIC here, because if we can't talk about Martin's latest bit of awesomeness what else is there? (Apart from the picspamming, thunking, in depth tool size discussions etc etc )

BUT!!

I was extremely ticked off WITH MYSELF for clicking this morning's spoilers, because I wood really have preferred not to know what I read in advance

On the other hand, NOT clicking on spoilers as they appear means that by the time I've seen the ep in question I'll have missed everyone else's reactions to it (unless I have time to scroll back through the thread looking for them )

So what I wood prefer if it's acceptable is that people don't put spoilers on here until those of us that can watch it have all seen it.

Being very selfish here I know, but what do you think?

Comment

I also think it's ok to talk about SGU on here, because Joe wrote it and most of us have been following the pre-launch chat on his blog

Speaking of which, Sky1 is repeating the first two eps of SGU as we speak, and this time they didn't cut the sex-in-the-supply-closet scene

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        You want to know what I think? Ok *takes deep breath*

Firstly, Sanctuary is very much ON TOPIC here, because if we can't talk about Martin's latest bit of awesomeness what else is there? (Apart from the picspamming, thunking, in depth tool size discussions etc etc )

BUT!!

I was extremely ticked off WITH MYSELF for clicking this morning's spoilers, because I wood really have preferred not to know what I read in advance

On the other hand, NOT clicking on spoilers as they appear means that by the time I've seen the ep in question I'll have missed everyone else's reactions to it (unless I have time to scroll back through the thread looking for them )

So what I wood prefer if it's acceptable is that people don't put spoilers on here until those of us that can watch it have all seen it.

Being very selfish here I know, but what do you think?
        Actually, that's why I posted the question. I'd like to watch an ep 'clean of spoilers' too. I'm ok with people shouting out that they loved it, but I'm not sopoiling myself either, hoping that I don't miss out on something funny.

That's why I would also love to take the airing of the 'last' country as a starting point... Just so we can all share the experience...
        But, I'm not going to be the spoiler police, so I hope everyone will weigh in on this.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I also think it's ok to talk about SGU on here, because Joe wrote it and most of us have been following the pre-launch chat on his blog

Speaking of which, Sky1 is repeating the first two eps of SGU as we speak, and this time they didn't cut the sex-in-the-supply-closet scene
          I just ran on here to say that
          I found it quite amusing but I am glad that it was post water-shed I'm not a prude but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to worry about what my kids might see me watching prior to 9pm

*waves*
          Bye for now Woohoos

I'm sure I'll be back after Monday's Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Actually, that's why I posted the question. I'd like to watch an ep 'clean of spoilers' too. I'm ok with people shouting out that they loved it, but I'm not spoiling myself either, hoping that I don't miss out on something funny.

That's why I would also love to take the airing of the 'last' country as a starting point... Just so we can all share the experience...
            But, I'm not going to be the spoiler police, so I hope everyone will weigh in on this.
            So who is the last to see it? UK? That's on Monday nights, starting this Monday coming. I don't want to be harsh about it either, but it wood mean I'd stay away from the thread because I don't have the willpower to not click

Comment

So who is the last to see it? UK? That's on Monday nights, starting this Monday coming. I don't want to be harsh about it either, but it wood mean I'd stay away from the thread because I don't have the willpower to not click
              Well, technically...

But yeah, out of the airing countries, I do believe you guys are last.
              I do, however hope that if we do set a day, the eps continue to air in line...
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I made this post before GW shut down on me...and I could never get on again before dinner and work(justhome)

I got through the maintaince stuff atm

Jumble and Sarai...cute...although...Sarai you look rather...upset

I almost don't have any pictures from when I was a toddler on the computer!(it's mostly film so )
                *points at one in profile*
                and just made this from a photo in my room(photo of a photo )
                Spoiler:

Continuing now

I'll keep spoilering stuff...or not posting...or whatever...I haven't even seen the episodes of last night yet(they're still patiently waiting on me! )

Oh and Nad ROFLMAO! on the boer zoekt vrouw...you seriously watch that?!?!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Well, technically...
                  That's what I was worried about. Are you managing to see it?

But yeah, out of the airing countries, I do believe you guys are last.
                  I do, however hope that if we do set a day, the eps continue to air in line...
                  We'll just need to be careful and check by giving the ep title or let everyone know if an ep has been postponed for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

And don't most of us on here watch Sanctuary? I remember LJ saying she was watching it on net flicks... Does Cags watch it..?

That will be a resounding YES!

Yes I do watch it.

I have to admit, I did exactly the same as Jumble but stopped myself through sheer willpower *cough Benjabubs pulled the plug cough* before I read too much.
                    I am dreafully weak willed. I had to avoid the ship thread there for a few days and much because the SGU stuff was too much as because I didn't want to waver my willpower.
                    Having said that, I bow to whatever everyone wants.

I think they all air fairly close to each other - barring postponements etc. within about 7 to 10 days of each other for each episode. The easiest way to work it out is for someone from whichever country airs it first to post an Episode of the Week style post with the episode title and then, everyone can go check when that ep airs in their country and add it to the post their air date so we know when the last one is then we can offically open the chat about it then.

Jann, lovely pic. I am enjoying these kiddie pics (I still have some to scan in but,I need to work on Coopie's video right now).
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel so incredibly bad guys! I'm so sorry I didn't even think about you guys clicking the spoilers I figured that since it's in spoilers that you just...woodn't click

I'm so sorry! *huggles woohoos*

I got lost in the excitement, it's been so long since I was excited about a tv show

*goes off into corner as punishment*

Jumble what did you think about the sex scene in SGU?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*sigh* There's a wild party going on in the house above my flat So no sleep for me for the forseeable At least GW's back for now so I can catch up on the threads

*huggles Amanda* Don't feel bad! I sympathise with everyone's position on this - it's hard to have to restrain yourself from clicking spoilers but it's also hard to have to restrain yourself from talking about something But we're a happy family here and I'm sure we can be considerate of each other and it'll all be fine

Sarai and Jann, how cute were you too!
                        sigpic
                        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I got lost in the excitement, it's been so long since I was excited about a tv show
                          And that is a good thing. A very good thing.

*drags Amanda our the corner and give her a very strren talking to about feeling guilty when she shouldn't*

Amanda, our lack of willpower is hardly your fault. I almost never not click them even when I know I don't want to know. I rememebr on our X Files forums we had a thread called "the Spoilerwhore support group" specifically for us lot who could not resist.

Opps clicked the wrrong button...

Anyway, I was going to comment on the sex scene since I didn't realise it was there (I'd heard rumours but missed it without missing it). I'm pretty meh about it. They had a nude scene in the pilot of SG-1 after all.
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel so incredibly bad guys! I'm so sorry I didn't even think about you guys clicking the spoilers I figured that since it's in spoilers that you just...woodn't click

I'm so sorry! *huggles woohoos*

*goes off into corner as punishment*

Jumble what did you think about the sex scene in SGU?
                            (((((Amanda))))) It's not your fault some of us can't resist the spoilers. Like you said, it's really really exciting, so it's hard not to click

So if we can sort out a set of 'rules' (like we ever have any on here ) so that everyone is happy then we can maybe make a compromise and all dive in when we've all had a chance to see it?

*waves to Josiane*

Edit: Oh, the sex scene in SGU? Meh! Made no difference to me if it was there or not tbh

Comment

*jumps up and down*

I didn't care about the sex scene either...I've seen ...worse

As for spoilers...I wood like to talk about SGU and Sanctuary...buuuuuut I can keep my mouth shut...I hope

Ohh....and when is it allowed to talk, for example, about the SGU pilot outside spoilers in here? after the UK airing? or just...always
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *sigh* There's a wild party going on in the house above my flat So no sleep for me for the forseeable At least GW's back for now so I can catch up on the threads
                                Pull on a little black dress and crash the party!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X