• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*shuffles in*

*curls up on the couch*

Hi Woohoos

Happy belated birthday Nad!!!

Not been at work since Monday, but I've been off suffering with the dreaded Swine Flu . I swear, if its not one thing its your mother

So what have I missed??

Comment

((((Sarai))))
      Thanks for the birthday wishes

As for Martin and the movie and SGU...
      I'd say Movie- Sanctuary S3- SGU.
      The movie first because it's a unique thing, Sanctuary can be done by someone else for a few eps and SGU... Well.
      (And I left out AT's availability on purpose, for that woood screw up my Movie/Sanctuary theory... )

EDIT: And I'm not a lightweight! I had to get up very early and I...
      Never mind.
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
        I really hope they get around making the third movie some time soon. I haven't seen a Stargate ep in several months, I almost forgot what it's like... Although if the rumors about Sanctuary S3 are true it might cause time conflict for Martin and Amanda again.
        (((((Jasmina))))) I know what you mean, I haven't looked at any SG in months. I have faith in the third movie, mainly because I believe the main people involved really want to do it

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        Aw, bless... probably for the best though since I was in no mood last night.
        Spoiler:
        After I finished up here I had yet more hassle on that other forums. I really don't get how hard it is for some people to get it...
        Anyway, I completely lost my rag (takes some doing that) and pulled the whole thread in the end. If those ladies can't play nicely in their sandpit, I'll take the sandpit away!
        Seriously though, weepy PMs are absolutely fine. Any time you need to.

Anyway and for the when you get to feel normal again? You know there's no short answer to that one. Everyone processes stuff at their own rate. I wish there were a way of making it easier but there just...isn't.
        The only thing I can say is that no feeling lasts forwever. ((((Jumble))))

Hmm, you might also want to look into something like neuroligusitic programming or hypnosis. I don't know if I ever mentioned it here but I habitually suffer from bouts of winter depression (they call it SAD rather aptly). The only thing that ever worked for me was a sort of visualisation therapy that involved me being put into a state of semi hypnosis and being led towards a "happy" vision - in my case the vision was me in my living room on a mid summer's early evening; the window was open and the kids are playing in the road, laughing and joking and I can hear them, the very occasional car and the sound of the airport and birdsong. There's a vase of bright yellow chrysathmums on the window ledge anf the curtain is brushing by them in a light breeze.
        Now I have no idea why that particular vision worked for me - I suspect because what I needed was to be reminded that as grim as I feel, there's a light - in my case summer - at the end of the tunnel. What the visualation technique involved was associating a certain feeling with that image so when I felt (i.e. sad) that image would almost automatically pop into my head and I'd feel...better.

Anwyay, I always get down in the dumps big time... oh around now time of year and that usually lasts until Marchish when I cheer up again! I
        *hugs for the lousy modding experience*

I can do self-hypnosis, can't think why that hasn't occurred to me already I was taught how because I suffer from SAD as well, and it definitely works.

So I went to see the doc, and got a (gentle) lecture. Basically what he said is that it's waaaay too soon to expect any kind of normality, I'm expecting far too much of myself, I need to give myself a break and stop fighting against the pills and let them do their job "These things were developed to help you, so let them! There's no shame in accepting help when you need it." And a lot of other stuff about how I've spent so much of my life being the strong coper that it's not surprising I'm having trouble dealing with the fact that I'm not coping, to the point where I've tried to just carry on as normal and kid myself and the rest of the world that everything's fine.

So I went in saying 'I want to stop taking these drugs' and came out with a presciption for a higher dose

But I think he's probably right. (Boy, did I have to grit my teeth to admit that )

Heh, you know last night I commented on Joe's blog and told him I liked SGU but if only he could come and get Martin to direct an episode...

Afternoon Woohoos!

((((Woohoos))))
        It'll be interesting to see if he responds to that
        Last edited by Jumble; 08 October 2009, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
          *shuffles in*

*curls up on the couch*

Hi Woohoos

Happy belated birthday Nad!!!

Not been at work since Monday, but I've been off suffering with the dreaded Swine Flu . I swear, if its not one thing its your mother

So what have I missed??
          *puts on protective mask and huggles Sarai*

Hope you feel better soon *sends healing vibes*

You missed Nad's birthday party

Did you get my email?

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          ((((Sarai))))
          Thanks for the birthday wishes

As for Martin and the movie and SGU...
          I'd say Movie- Sanctuary S3- SGU.
          The movie first because it's a unique thing, Sanctuary can be done by someone else for a few eps and SGU... Well.
          (And I left out AT's availability on purpose, for that woood screw up my Movie/Sanctuary theory... )
          I agree

Although I do think he wood help SGU..............

EDIT: And I'm not a lightweight! I had to get up very early and I...
          Never mind.
          Excuses

*hugs Nad*

Comment

*runz nekkid through thread*
            sigpic

Comment

Aw jeez Cags, did you have to blow my cover on Joe's blog? I've so far refrained from mentioning my obsession with appreciation of Martin on there

Cags
              Dear Joe;

I am a long time sometimes lurker on your blog. I have, for the first time, felt compelled to actually post a message to you today.

Actually, what I originally came on to post was how much I enjoyed the first episodes of SGU – well the first two episodes since I am a UKer and that’s all I’ve seen so far. I’m actually really excited about it – more so than I was before. When next you are in the office, pat everyone on the back for a job well done. I think you have sold me on it completely (now if you could just get Martin Wood to come and direct one episode for you… ok, forget that, I think Jumble has been hypnotising me again. )

Comment

*hugs woohoo's*

*sticks up hand slowly* Okay I haven't seen any SG episodes in a while as well Other than the EotW that's been about it. Haven't really been in an SG mood I guess

Aww man I was worrying about that *months* ago about the SG1 movie and Martin/AT. Especially if it gets pushed to like the Spring or something...

And YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!! One more day till Sanctuary woohood!!!!! *runs around in circles*

I'm really sort of annoyed with my cousin and her BF *sigh* (personal OT)

Spoiler:
                One her boyfriend has been teasing me constantly. Which I don't mind that much because it's fun. But my cousin said something today and really annoyed me and got me really upset as well. I wore brown pants, a black tank top and a pink shirt to school today. We're [Cousin, her BF and me] standing there waiting for our teacher to unlock the door when my cousin says "You know that black and brown don't go together right?" And I'm kind of like "uhh..." and she continues "It doesn't look right...it was the first thing I noticed when you got in the car this morning" and of course her BF agrees with her. And I was really upset that A. She said that right in public, B. She said it in front of her BF and C. The tone that she used.

I love my cousin, I really do she's like a sister to me. But I've noticed because we've been spending a lot of time together recently that she's almost...fake. Like one of those people that laughs but the laugh doesn't come from her soul, know what I mean? It's just not a *real* laugh. She's also one of those people that are super super pretty. But the thing is she knows it and again I love her and all that but it's like she knows she's pretty and smart. Those sort of people annoy me. I'm the kind of person that *always* has a smile. My one friend commented the other day that "Amanda you're always so smiley" which my friend meant as a good thing. I am always laughing at one thing or another. And I guess it just sadnens me a lot because she is a very nice person but she can be fake sometimes. Even with her own flesh and blood.

(((Woohoos)))) Sorry guys I had to rant

Edit- oh no Sarai! *puts on mask and gives huggles* Hope you're feeling better!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Afternoon Woohoos

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                  *iz having too much fun watching Happy Birthday vids on YT*
                  We noticed... ((((LJ))))

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  I like this bit...

Little snippet from this podcast with Martin Wood:

When asked about his involvement in SG1 movie 3, he said he’d been asked originally to direct and said yes, but that he hadn’t talked about it lately. He said he thinks that when SGU is finished up it will be time to talk about it again.

“Damian, Amanda and I recently had dinner with Rick, and the subject of the movie came up. It’s so comfortable when we get together like that. We’ve been together so much, the prospect of the movie is like talking about going to the cottage! Yeah, we’d love to do that, it’d be fun!”

When asked if he wood be involved in SGU, he said they’d talked about doing that this year, but their schedules clash too much.

“I’d love to get over there and do a couple of shows. I really like the cast, and of course I can’t wait to work with Brad and Robert again. It’s home still. It’s weird, we’ve got our own show happening over here, but we still consider Stargate as home.”
                  Oh oh oh please please please let them do it soon!!!

*squishy huggles Sarai for swine flu* Hope you feel better soon hun!
                  *squishy huggles Jumble for, you know, everything* Hope you feel better soon too, but Cags and your Doctor are right, there's no rushing it and you have to use whatever methods help right now until you get to that point
                  And *squishy huggles Amanda for her mean cousin and the BF issue*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks for the huggles guys , *hugs back from a distance*

((((Amanda))))
                    Sadly, there are far too many people like that. I have one in my life who did a similar thing to me not long ago. Was feeling kind of sorry for myself so I put on a nice outfit to wear to work, nothing crazy just some tights, little skirt and a nice fitting shirt. Anyway, I got to hers to do a carpool into work and the first thing she said to me was "did you know there's a massive run in the back of your tights?" As if I wasn't feeling bad enough already!!

Some people just have to make themselves feel better by putting others down

Comment

*hugs Amanda for cousin trouble*
                      *hugs jumble for her pills*
                      *realises that sounds silly*
                      *notices we need some Martin pictures*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Oh to be snuggled inside that jacket..........

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Oh to be snuggled inside that jacket..........

...But woodn't Martin get cold without it?

sigpic

Comment

*huggles Amanda for cousin*...that's aweful that she has said that in that way! She shouldn't have said it or in a better way...
                                *huggles Sarai for swine flu...through safety suit ofcourse*
                                *huggles Jumble for feeling sad and all*
                                *huggles Nad for not being a lightweight*

*looks*

*huggles other woohooos too*

Good news
                                Got my first year qualification today and spoke again to a teacher(he saw my mark list) ...apparently I'm one of the "excellent" students they have (hasn't he seen me in class? ) and we talked a bit about it...now next week I have to contact my year "coordinator" and I'm probably going to follow 4th year classes then(or try to next to the second year ones)...if it all will go well it means I am doing my study in 3 years instead of the 4 standard years.
                                Also from the 150(!) students that started the study only 90 passed the 1st year and we were only with 9 students (and parents etc) at the ceremony (that got all the credits...others didn't )
                                Last edited by starlover; 08 October 2009, 12:50 PM. Reason: changed word for clarification...I hope
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X