Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...my thoughts on SGU (spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    I've got mixed feelings about the whole thing really.

A few of my thoughts right off the bat....I really wish that Jack would smile more. I loved Sam's hair in it and you really couldn't tell that it was a honey brown.

I'm half in love with Eli already He's got the whole nerdy cuteness thing going on that I *love*

From a woohoo standpoint it was top notch. The graphics were awesome and the music was great. The episode however seemed kind of slow...but I understand why that was because it's a start of a new show and you have a lot of background that you have to give your characters.

Did I mention I'm half in love with Eli already?

The sex scene...that surprised me. I've seen a lot of sex scenes on tv and most of the time they involve a bed, blanket and kissing. And normally I'm okay with that. But that was a quicky in a supply closet...and they were mostly clothed but it left little to the imagination. It probably would have been worse if they were making out more but I'm still kind of scratching my head that it was like that. And it was in a supply closet, on duty, with another military officer. What the heck? There was a lot of moaning and groaning, up against the wall, and there was for lack of a better word, grindage. I'm actually sort of surprised that they're able to show that on TV, it left *little* to the imagination.

It sort of reminded me of 'Lost' because there were a lot of questions that were left unanswered.

Overall it wasn't that bad I guess. It still felt like Stargate for the most part. I'll probably still tune in next week.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

SGU (and yes...spoilers too!)

Spoiler:
      Well...I loved it. I was drawn in from the first moment. It was real and gritty and it was Stargate...but...not. And I think "not" in a good way. I loved the touchstones to the SG world we know...the SGC...The Hammond...Sam...Jack...Daniel...(loved the tapes!). Even the Lucian Alliance showed up! (Hey...they're the only bad guys left in the Milky Way galaxy, as far as I can tell) But from there it became something new. As Joe has been saying...very character-oriented. But also lots of action, too. And I admit...when I saw that team get ready to step through the gate for the first time...I got a little verklempt. It's like the torch is passed....

I was rather surprised by the sex scene...wanted to leap across the room and throw my hand over my 12 year old's eyes. However...in retrospect, I find myself rather giggling over it. Because it is, after all, two AF officers making out in the supply closet while on duty. If I had a dollar for every fanfic that ever had Sam and Jack doing that.... And yet...when it was there, right in front of people's eyes...it really generated a lot of dismay. So let me say (and not for the first time ) that I'm really, really glad TPTB never put anything like that in SG-1. That scene alone shows how...well...wrong it would have been for the two of them. So...UST all the way, IMHO.

But...I'm psyched for this show. I can't wait until next week. And it goes back to back with Sanctuary here...so Friday nights are going to be awesome again....at least I think so.

((((((OBPTB))))))
      sigpic

Comment

*huggles Jumble*
        *lols at Cags* (Hope you're not feeling too delicate this morning hun!)
        And thanks Amanda and APA for the SGU reviews! I'm really looking forward to seeing it at last when it airs here on Tuesday I think I've just heard so much about it now, and seen so many reviews (mostly really positive) that I just can't wait to see it for myself
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          *huggles Jumble*
          And thanks Amanda and APA for the SGU reviews! I'm really looking forward to seeing it at last when it airs here on Tuesday I think I've just heard so much about it now, and seen so many reviews (mostly really positive) that I just can't wait to see it for myself
          Yes, what she said.

Except for the whole waiting to see SGU thing. They'll never air it here. But if I get the ''chance'', I will check it out.
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

http://community.livejournal.com/sam_daily/767371.html

^ Nad I think you're gonna like few of those.
            sigpic

Comment

Ohh thanks for the reviews*waits impatiently to see it*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Except for the whole waiting to see SGU thing. They'll never air it here. But if I get the ''chance'', I will check it out.
              Don't even start about it Our TV networks are bad if it is sci-fi...I mean when do you ever see a real sci-fi series here on TV??? Almost never! *pouts*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Oooh, I most certainly do!
                I so have a funky little crush

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Ohh thanks for the reviews*waits impatiently to see it*

Don't even start about it Our TV networks are bad if it is sci-fi...I mean when do you ever see a real sci-fi series here on TV??? Almost never! *pouts*
                Hehe, only the comercially attractive ones like Supernatural...
                I do see syfy-ey shows popping up though. Isn't 'Fringe' one of those?

We get some sci-fi here. They recently aired the 4400, Andromeda, Heroes, but they never really worked... I guess 'we' don't take sci-fi very well. Only Lost became huge, but I guess that one can be counted as being more 'adventure'... The Stargates have been pretty popular, SG-1 more than SGA, so maybe there's a small chance or SGU. Maybe Sanctuary, if the networks are in touch with the world out there...
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Hehe, only the comercially attractive ones like Supernatural...
                  I do see syfy-ey shows popping up though. Isn't 'Fringe' one of those?

We get some sci-fi here. They recently aired the 4400, Andromeda, Heroes, but they never really worked... I guess 'we' don't take sci-fi very well. Only Lost became huge, but I guess that one can be counted as being more 'adventure'... The Stargates have been pretty popular, SG-1 more than SGA, so maybe there's a small chance or SGU. Maybe Sanctuary, if the networks are in touch with the world out there...
                  True...I totally forgot about Supernatural! As for the Fringe ...never seen it!

The 4400...I already saw al seasons of that and HATED the ending, since there is no ending(they suddenly stopped with the series). Heroes is still on..but it has to start again...I know that because my friend watches it on TV( I am not that much of a good girl )
                  Sanctuary, BSG and some others are on dutch TV, but only on digital TV on the Dutch sci-fi channel(I know that because my cousin has it)...

As for the SG series and all other "old" fashioned Sci-fi...it used to be on Veronica, but these days Veronica has changed it's imago a bit...IMHO.

Now off to watch SGU ...together with the chocolate cake I baked...mmmm
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think that Sanctuary would be a good addition though. It's not too spacey and ''chicks in spandex'' like.
                    (And yes, I'm bias.)

And really? Your cake watches SGU?

sigpic

Comment

*twirls aimlessly through the thread....nekkid*
                      sigpic

Comment

And really? Your cake watches SGU?
                        It did....for a whole minute or so...then it was in my tummy...and it couldn't see anymore!

As for SGU(sort of review) BIG spoiler warning
                        Spoiler:
                        I liked it. I really did.

Eli is awesome and I didn't expected to like Chloe, but I did...only the scenes in the end when her father has died are a bit longwinded...I was "well he's death now go on" Too much mourning too fast over a character we hardly know.

Overall the first part was well paced and I liked the flashbacks. I thought it would start chronologically but it didn't and I liked that...but perhaps a time note with "20 hours ago" would have made it clearer the first time when the flashback happened...but it worked like this as well.

The second part of Air I'm less "happy" about. It was in my opinion a bit slow and boring. Not much is going on and there is a lot of talk about...not much...
                        Only in the end of the second part the pace gets back into the story and they are doing something. I liked that.

I had hoped to see some more switching back and fort between Earth and the Destiny because they had the stones...they could have discussed some more things through that thing IMHO.

Overall the characters were good and varied. You get to know them pretty fast pretty well(some of them at least) ...and that's good because you bond with them because of that.

The storyline; has a lot of potential and I definitely want to know what happened with the Destiny and how it all works.

The music...that was one thing that I LOVED! It was amazing! Joel Goldsmith is awesome

I'm for sure going to watch the next episode...but I'm not saying "wow" just yet. I'll call it a show with potential so far
                        sigpic

Comment

((((((Jumble))))))

I really can't wait for Tuesday I'm gonna have to make sure I finish work on time so I can get the little ones in bed before SGU starts The bigger ones will be out till 9, then under pain of death if they so much as open their mouths It's a standing rule in our house whenever there's a new ep of SG on - talk only during the breaks, talk in the show and you're out!

I don't think that's unreasonable......
                          sigpic

Comment

APA and Jann (SGU spoilers)
                            Spoiler:
                            APA you're right about the whole supply closet thing and Sam and Jack. I won't think of a supply closet the same way again But it is a different show. I think maybe they could have handled it better though. Like maybe only show waist up. I really would have rather not seen they're legs But it's a new show so I'm not really surprised And on the other hand it makes me appreciated S/J a whole lot more that they didn't just grab a supply closet and do a quicky. They waited and didn't do something like that. ((((())) Which to me proves that our ship has a lot more diginity and honor and all of that Also I guess you could tell that they (the people in the supply closet) weren't in love...and I'm sort of wondering if that's also why it bothered me because it was one thing if they were in love it's another thing if they just wanted sex.

On the other hand which PTB has been lurking on the S/J thread and heard about the supply closets?!

I'm also wondering APA why scifi didn't have the 's' or the 'd' with the rating? It just got the 14 rating. Sort of surprised by that one.

Jann I agree with you completely. I'm not in love with it, but I'm not 'I hate it either' I have the whole 'meh' thing going over. And you're right at parts it did feel kind of slow but I guess that's to be expected. It definitely has potential and I'm still scratching my head going 'hmmm' about the thing.

And I'm still half in love with Eli *loves geeky nerds*

And yes the music was *awesome* and the graphics

Thought I don't know if you guys are or not but I'm still kind of worried that they're use the stones and take over Jack's body. But I guess that wouldn't be the case because they're probably going to be talking to him...

Anyway it has potential It seems interesting. And unless I see something really bad then I'll still continue to watch it.

And I'm about to watch it for the third time*head desk*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Evening Woohoos!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                              Why yes, yes I did! So, since it was one of hubby's rare weekends off, we decided to walk up the cafe for a cooked breakfast - nothing like a bit of grease and fat and stewed tea in a chipped mug to beat a hangover into submission. I say we walked but Benjabubs wanted to play chase-me so I ran if you could call that running up as far as the main road...
                              Later, just for an encore, we replaced our fence panels... on possibly the windest day in the last three months. I am. Officially. Nuts.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

Those were soo funny!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              True...I totally forgot about Supernatural! As for the Fringe ...never seen it!

Ugh, Fringe. I caught about half a dozen episodes of it thinking I would like it (I loved The X Files after all) but it was...hmm, ok I suppose but nothing that hasn't been done before and better at that. I have to be quite selective about what I watch since I don't have masses of time to watch everything. Lately we've been watching Warehouse13 (hubby is into it) and Flashforward, which looks promising.
                              I can't be doing with things like Lost though. I lost patience with the non resolution of all the various storylines after a while. I like TV to make me think but that was just sublime at times!

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
                              ((((((Jumble))))))

I really can't wait for Tuesday I'm gonna have to make sure I finish work on time so I can get the little ones in bed before SGU starts The bigger ones will be out till 9, then under pain of death if they so much as open their mouths It's a standing rule in our house whenever there's a new ep of SG on - talk only during the breaks, talk in the show and you're out!

I don't think that's unreasonable......
                              No no, not at all. Perfectly fair I say. I wish I had hubby half as trained. As for the little man... not a chance - mouth almighty he is.
                              However he should be in bed by then but as hubby isn't finished work until 8pm on Tuesday I will no doubt have the BedTime Tantrum from the little man to deal with, which will be swiftly followed by another sesh with the wine (which is what prompted last night's by the way) and then, if I am lucky, I might get to watch it.

Oh and, sorry I am avoiding spoilers for SGU until I've seen it. Not that I'm not spoiled (I am to an extent) but I'm not clouded by others opinions and want to stay that way until I've seen it for myself. I will go back and read what you ladies have said though and I do apprciate you taking the time to post.

((((Woohoos))))

and

((((PTB))))
                              sigpic

Comment

Sort of Nad-style, but not quite. I just couldn't bring myself to leave the background white

I spent most of today in bed watching Sanctuary. Now I'm babysitting the boys.

We were watching LotR - Return of the King earlier. I really drove them crazy with comments like

'This bit is computer generated blah blah blah...'

'This is green screened and VisFXed. You can tell because.... blah blah blah'

'Oh FCOL! That's a really bad camera angle! And look at the lighting.. blah blah blah....'

In the end, Lee gave a big sigh and said 'Nan, Martin didn't direct this, you can't expect it to be pefect!!'

Comment

Working...
                                X