No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*jumps up and down* A shower! A shower! And we have to have one on the Art Thread, too! Yay!
    sigpic

Comment

Yay yay yay!!!
      *bounces*

This is all sooo exciting!
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I feel like giggling.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
          Wait...I thought nothing on this thread was supposed to be spoilered?!?!

*happy dances for Jumble and Michael*

Congratulations Jumble!!!!!!!

(And well done, Michael!!!!)

Ooooooh....does this mean the WooHoos will be throwing a shower?????

Or a bachelorette party
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
            Or a bachelorette party
            Both, both! *jumps up and down some more*
            sigpic

Comment

Bachelor party! Cool! ...I want another one

*happy dances nekkid*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                Bachelor party! Cool! ...I want another one

*happy dances nekkid*
                I never had one to start with although that was my own decision. I was trying to get married very, very quietly. Had it been up to me entirely I would have done what my best friend did and elope to Gretna Green to do it. As it was, for the sake of family, (my parents really since I'm the only girl) we did get married in the local registrar office and have a knees up down the pub afterwards. I refused point blank to wear white though.

(And I'm feeling all nostalgic about my wedding now. )

Oooh I can make somE punch for the party!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  I never had one to start with although that was my own decision. I was trying to get married very, very quietly. Had it been up to me entirely I would have done what my best friend did and elope to Gretna Green to do it. As it was, for the sake of family, (my parents really since I'm the only girl) we did get married in the local registrar office and have a knees up down the pub afterwards. I refused point blank to wear white though.

(And I'm feeling all nostalgic about my wedding now. )
                  Awww...well at least it was sweet that you did go more public for your parents

Oooh I can make somE punch for the party!
                  Yes please! but what kind of punch? if it's the right one you need one bottle for me alone (1,5 liters)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Yes please! but what kind of punch? if it's the right one you need one bottle for me alone (1,5 liters)

The recipe foir the punch goes something like this:

(just because it's long
                    Spoiler:

Grab one bottle of every single thing in the liquer shelf that has OVER 25% alcohol by volume. Add to large mixing bowl.

Add a generous splash of whatever fruit juice happens to be to hand.

Add whatever soft drink (lemonade, coke, Irn Bru) happens to be at hand. As much as you feel like adding.

Taste

If required, add more of whatever you think will make it more drinkable.

Think about it a minute and pop a bit more alcohol in there just in case.

Lather rinse repeat until it's either just perfect, your tatsebuds are no longer able to tell or you've slipped under the table in a drunken stupor.

Decant into bottles when you are next capable.

The history of the punch is thus:
                    Several years ago I hosted a cocktail party; one where I got rather inebriated (and yesh *sigh* there are pictures ). Following on from this I found myself with quite a lot of fancy liquers and unusual drinks that I had no real use for. As a way of using them up I started making punch out of them for vaarious parties and events. My punch became something of a celebrity - I took it to a couple of XFUK meet ups and shared it with my on line friends who all approved of it's potent abilities to get one absolutely bladdered on half a cupful.

One day, someone bought me a bottle of Absinthe. I don't know if you've ever had that but it says 85% alcohol by volume on the bottle and "caution - dilute with water to taste" so it's fair to say it's pretty potent stuff. I made a big bowl of this punch for my friend's Greek Gods Party (any excuse to dress up ). I'd never added the absinthe before but I thought "what the hey!" and shoved a good measure in.
                    At the party we played a Greek Gods trivia game where you take a drink of punch when you get a question wrong. In the end, my friend, me and hubby (who all like our history/mythology) had to deliberately lose to get a drop of the stuff. After that it all gets a bit hazy but I know there was something :to do with me in the bath and... very long straws and supping like pigs round a trough at the punch (and I only know that because I have photos ) and the next day it had stripped the varnish of her wooden floor.

I have stayed off adding the absinthe to punch since that day.
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh my word!! Didn't you all have a party while I was gone?

Thanks for all the congrats *huggles WooHoos*

You're right LJ, the suit pretty much gave him away didn't it?

Actually, there's a story behind that, and I very nearly changed my mind when I heard what he'd been up to

When he asked me before I said no, for many reasons. Bunches of cut flowers, I hate. Expensive (very expensive) ring, I didn't want and wood have been afraid to wear. But more importantly I just wasn't ready, wasn't sure, it was too soon

So this time he decided to go all out to prove how well he really knows me........

When we first got together he obviously noticed my slight obssession with Martin and accepted it as part of who I am, and apart from that one occasion when he got called the wrong name , he was ok with it. And he did agree that he wood never look at this thread because I woodn't feel comfortable with that. So what he did was to get a friend to drop in occasionally and see what was going on Now we know the identity of at least one of our anonymous guests And apparently when the pics of Martin at the Leo Awards started popping up, this friend reported back that we were really 'impressed' with how gorgeously irresistible he looked. So Michael decided he should go for a similar effect (and I have to tell you, OMG! he certainly got that right I wish I could show you a pic, but my end of the deal was that I'd never post a pic of him ) Apparently he scoured most of London looking for a replica of THE SHIRT, but was unable to find one So he settled for the WHITE SHIRT instead

The flowers were replaced with a gorgeous living plant (I mentioned that I prefer that didn't I?), the whopping great diamond was replaced with a really pretty but inexpensive (I hope) sea tourmaline, and I reckon he practised his cute little speech all the way here in the car. I won't tell you what he said, but he hit it exactly right

So what's a girl to do when confronted by a heavenly looking guy dressed in the perfect suit down on one knee at her feet? *shrugs* I did the obvious, I said 'Yes pleeeeeze!'

Oh and Martin? I still love you to bits, but since you're not available I've gone for the realistic option

And Michael's 'friend', don't you dare tell him I said that

Comment

Still not sleepy.........

Inspired by Cags

Comment

Dude! There's been a non-Woohoo MAN in the Woohoo house!?? Watching us run nekkid, dance nekkid, and generally make idiots of ourselves in various stages of undress!? Not to mention the thunking, brocolli...er...consuming, wine drinking (except for me and Amanda), and other strange things we do here!

The PTB stalkers were being stalked!

However, since it was for such a good cause, I shall overlook the stalking. I guess.

*stomps foot for good measue, goes back to happy dancing...clothed*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                            Oh my word!! Didn't you all have a party while I was gone?

Thanks for all the congrats *huggles WooHoos*

You're right LJ, the suit pretty much gave him away didn't it?

Actually, there's a story behind that, and I very nearly changed my mind when I heard what he'd been up to

When he asked me before I said no, for many reasons. Bunches of cut flowers, I hate. Expensive (very expensive) ring, I didn't want and wood have been afraid to wear. But more importantly I just wasn't ready, wasn't sure, it was too soon

So this time he decided to go all out to prove how well he really knows me........

When we first got together he obviously noticed my slight obssession with Martin and accepted it as part of who I am, and apart from that one occasion when he got called the wrong name , he was ok with it. And he did agree that he wood never look at this thread because I woodn't feel comfortable with that. So what he did was to get a friend to drop in occasionally and see what was going on Now we know the identity of at least one of our anonymous guests And apparently when the pics of Martin at the Leo Awards started popping up, this friend reported back that we were really 'impressed' with how gorgeously irresistible he looked. So Michael decided he should go for a similar effect (and I have to tell you, OMG! he certainly got that right I wish I could show you a pic, but my end of the deal was that I'd never post a pic of him ) Apparently he scoured most of London looking for a replica of THE SHIRT, but was unable to find one So he settled for the WHITE SHIRT instead

The flowers were replaced with a gorgeous living plant (I mentioned that I prefer that didn't I?), the whopping great diamond was replaced with a really pretty but inexpensive (I hope) sea tourmaline, and I reckon he practised his cute little speech all the way here in the car. I won't tell you what he said, but he hit it exactly right

So what's a girl to do when confronted by a heavenly looking guy dressed in the perfect suit down on one knee at her feet? *shrugs* I did the obvious, I said 'Yes pleeeeeze!'

Oh and Martin? I still love you to bits, but since you're not available I've gone for the realistic option

And Michael's 'friend', don't you dare tell him I said that
                            Oh Jumble I'm a sucker for a good romantic story with a happy ending and it's even better since it's about someone I "know". If he's gone to all that trouble he's got to be a keeper. I'm so very happy for you both.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              Dude! There's been a non-Woohoo MAN in the Woohoo house!?? Watching us run nekkid, dance nekkid, and generally make idiots of ourselves in various stages of undress!? Not to mention the thunking, brocolli...er...consuming, wine drinking (except for me and Amanda), and other strange things we do here!

The PTB stalkers were being stalked!

However, since it was for such a good cause, I shall overlook the stalking. I guess.

*stomps foot for good measue, goes back to happy dancing...clothed*
                              And apparently he enjoyed every minute of it

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                And apparently he enjoyed every minute of it
                                Oh...well, in that case, he should come more often...and join in the fun!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X