No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((hugs All Woohoos, especially those that need them the most))))

Nad, aw that's frustrating. Life is complex enough without computers mucking it up all over too.

Jumble, yep, you're probably right but I imagine she's probably sitting at home thinking exactly the same thing about you. Sometimes you just have to let people figure it out for themselves and resist the urge to say I told you so when it all goes sour.

LJ oh the adoption thing is completely different in the UK. It's extremely rare to adopt a baby here like that; usually adoption occurs among children aged 2 upwards who have been taken away from their parents into care for various reasons and who have been granted adoption orders by the courts (hence the birth parents are deemed permanently incapable of ever looking after them again.) The children usually therefore come to their new homes with a whole gamut of issues from emotional baggage, abuse, ill health etc. and often at ages beyond when they might normally bond with a parent. Local authorities are responsible for matching and placing children with families via a social worker and adoption panel. Having said all that I know a number of women/families who have adopted or are in the process of doing so after long and fruitless battles against infertility and I know they are the most amazing parents and the happiest people. When I read those adoption stories it always makes me cry happy tears. I think opening your heart to a child like this is absolutely the most amazing and genrerous thing a human being can do and I have always felt that being a pareent has bugger all to do with genetics and so much to do with the love and care you have for your child.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Yup. I have worked my bum of for months and I was very happy when I passed with fairly good grades and now this... Argh.

It's like Cags said, you sometimes feel silly for complaining, especially when, in comparison, it's a little thing. And then you hear others telling you really aweful things which make you feel stupid for worrying about something so trivial. I mean, you have your health, family and so much more to be thankful for, but this is what keeps you up at night
      *tries to figure out what colour hasn't been used yet*

It's all relative Nad. It's all very well telling people that children are dying in Africa (had someone on my doorstep today telling me that, like I didn't already know ) but the plain fact is that the things that adversely affect our own individual lives are the things that we stress about, that we hurt about. Because we're all human

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post

And that some Woohoos know what they're talking about and those Woohoos' daughters should listen!
      Yes. But unfortunately mums are the last ones that children do listen to

That's actually been brought home to me today, because what Lee and Joel have been telling me all day is that 'Mum won't listen to us, please will you talk to her?' And I had to tell them that I wood be the last person she wood listen to and that it wood probably make things worse, which it did

Comment

Aw, thanks, Cags.

Yes, that is much like our Foster Care system.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh and... perception is reality and all that. If your "little" problems are big enough to keep you awake at night then they're big huge honkin' problemss for you and ought to be treated as such.

Or... what Jumble said.

So. There, life!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

((((hugs All Woohoos, especially those that need them the most))))

Nad, aw that's frustrating. Life is complex enough without computers mucking it up all over too.

Jumble, yep, you're probably right but I imagine she's probably sitting at home thinking exactly the same thing about you. Sometimes you just have to let people figure it out for themselves and resist the urge to say I told you so when it all goes sour.

LJ oh the adoption thing is completely different in the UK. It's extremely rare to adopt a baby here like that; usually adoption occurs among children aged 2 upwards who have been taken away from their parents into care for various reasons and who have been granted adoption orders by the courts (hence the birth parents are deemed permanently incapable of ever looking after them again.) The children usually therefore come to their new homes with a whole gamut of issues from emotional baggage, abuse, ill health etc. and often at ages beyond when they might normally bond with a parent. Local authorities are responsible for matching and placing children with families via a social worker and adoption panel. Having said all that I know a number of women/families who have adopted or are in the process of doing so after long and fruitless battles against infertility and I know they are the most amazing parents and the happiest people. When I read those adoption stories it always makes me cry happy tears. I think opening your heart to a child like this is absolutely the most amazing and genrerous thing a human being can do and I have always felt that being a pareent has bugger all to do with genetics and so much to do with the love and care you have for your child.
            I know you're right, but in this instance what she's planning to do is very drastic and can't be put right once it's done

My boys will suffer terribly and I don't know what to do to protect them.

Comment

*needz chocolate* I wonder what chocolate Joe eats when he's bummed out.
              sigpic

Comment

LJ...only 1% wow...I didn't knew that..I knew adoption was a difficult process but that hard...wow...*hugs* I hope you get it all figured out and will get a new sweet child in the end(wood it help if I wood offer myself?!?!?)

Nad...oh boy...the school system strikes again*huggles*...I so understand how you feel...took my school a month to acknowledge one of my marks too Luckily I had it on b/w(paper) that I passed it so I got my so called "propedeuse"...I've heard of others that aren't so fortunate...stupid schools*hits them*

Jumble, I hope your daughter comes to her sense soon enough and everything will be okay again!

Now I feel almost guilty for being totally happy atm
                sigpic

Comment

(((Woohoos))) I think I'll go take a nap--that may help me feel better.
                  sigpic

Comment

*runs back in with copious amounts of chocolate, broccoli and wine to help with the group therapy*
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      *needz chocolate* I wonder what chocolate Joe eats when he's bummed out.
                      Something very expensive and exotic no doubt

Of course, you could always ask him

Jann don't feel guilty! It's nice to hear that it's not just a WooHoo curse

Josiane thanks, but I'm not allowed anything but water for the next 12 hours

Which is really helping my situation.... NOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        LJ...only 1% wow...I didn't knew that..I knew adoption was a difficult process but that hard...wow...*hugs* I hope you get it all figured out and will get a new sweet child in the end(wood it help if I wood offer myself?!?!?)

Nad...oh boy...the school system strikes again*huggles*...I so understand how you feel...took my school a month to acknowledge one of my marks too Luckily I had it on b/w(paper) that I passed it so I got my so called "propedeuse"...I've heard of others that aren't so fortunate...stupid schools*hits them*

Jumble, I hope your daughter comes to her sense soon enough and everything will be okay again!

Now I feel almost guilty for being totally happy atm

Yeah...
                        And no guilt for happiness!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        *runs back in with copious amounts of chocolate, broccoli and wine to help with the group therapy*
                        *snurches the broccoli*
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Josiane thanks, but I'm not allowed anything but water for the next 12 hours

Which is really helping my situation.... NOT!!!

What? Not even wine? Can I have your share tonight then? I'll pay you back tomorrow night.

I hear what you're saying about your daughter. (((hugs))) I hope she comes to her senses or, at least, has the sense to see what it's doing to her babies and thinks about it some more.

Jann, I second what Jumble said. Don't ever feel bad for being happy. Happiness is infectious after all.

*iz running out of colours*

Has anyone done any neekid running through the thread tonight?
                          sigpic

Comment

*huggles all the Woohoos*
                            sigpic

Comment

*runs trough the thread nekkid*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Only water? ((((Jumble)))))
                                *runs out... nekkid... *
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X