Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Woohood for Sanctuary!!!
    I saw it yesterday on livejornal, but I forgot to mention it here.
    I did think it was strange that I managed to put some news up before you

*gets distracted by Martin with gun* He's so... special... It even says so on his shirt
    Oh yes he is, very special

Especially special when holding his........ gun...........

*faints*

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I did think it was strange that I managed to put some news up before you
      U wantz a cookie?

Oh yes he is, very special

Especially special when holding his........ gun...........

*faints*
      *sigh* Lucky we installed that floor padding.

*goes back to reading Harry Potter*
      sigpic

Comment

U wantz a cookie?
        I wood love one, but it woodn't help my 'diet' atm Thanks for the offer though

*sigh* Lucky we installed that floor padding.

*goes back to reading Harry Potter*
        You can drag yourself away from Martin for Harry Potter????

Unfortunately I have to drag myself away and go see my doctor Check-up time

See you later *hugs*

Comment

I wood love one, but it woodn't help my 'diet' atm Thanks for the offer though
          Ah.

I don't believe in diets, so I'll have one then.

You can drag yourself away from Martin for Harry Potter????
          You have no idea how long I've been trying to get the English version of the books (cause the translated one sucks).

And Daniel Radcliffe is cute... little too young, but cute.

Unfortunately I have to drag myself away and go see my doctor Check-up time

See you later *hugs*
          Hope it's good news. *hugs back*
          sigpic

Comment

Ah.

I don't believe in diets, so I'll have one then.
            I don't believe in them either, I'm just trying to eat more healthily

You have no idea how long I've been trying to get the English version of the books (cause the translated one sucks).

And Daniel Radcliffe is cute... little too young, but cute.
            I've never seen the attraction of the books or the films, but I hope you're enjoying it

Hope it's good news. *hugs back*
            Tests I'm off the hospital on Friday morning at silly o'clock having had nothing but water for 12 hours so they can take blood samples

Ho hum..............

Lost City spam.....

Comment

I don't believe in them either, I'm just trying to eat more healthily
              That's good

I've never seen the attraction of the books or the films, but I hope you're enjoying it
              They're ok. But I gotta say I've seen some fanfic writers that can do a better job of expressing emotions in their stories.

Tests I'm off the hospital on Friday morning at silly o'clock having had nothing but water for 12 hours so they can take blood samples

Ho hum..............
              Ouch *sends good vibes*

Nice!
              sigpic

Comment

*runs in*

*does nekkid dance*

*runs out coz she has 15 min left to get dressed before her friend comes*
                sigpic

Comment

That's good

They're ok. But I gotta say I've seen some fanfic writers that can do a better job of expressing emotions in their stories.
                  I guess when it first started (from what I've seen) the focus wasn't really on emotions Then with all the sequels one wood expect more exploration to have been made into the relationships in order to develop the characters. That didn't happen?

Ouch *sends good vibes*
                  Thanks, I'm sure it'll be fine

Nice!
                  Yes, yes he is *drools*

Looks up.......... drooling? I don't do drooling

*waves to nekkid Jann as she runs past*

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    *runs in*

*does nekkid dance*

*runs out coz she has 15 min left to get dressed before her friend comes*
                    *blinks*

I guess when it first started (from what I've seen) the focus wasn't really on emotions Then with all the sequels one wood expect more exploration to have been made into the relationships in order to develop the characters. That didn't happen?
                    What bothers me isn't the lack of emotions of the characters, but in the storytelling. There's no... feeling in it. Everything is portrayed as a cold hard fact. Maybe it gets better in the later books, cause I only started reading few days ago and I'm only finishing the second one... I hope

Thanks, I'm sure it'll be fine
                    I'm sure to.

Yes, yes he is *drools*

Looks up.......... drooling? I don't do drooling

*waves to nekkid Jann as she runs past*
                    Obviously you do.
                    sigpic

Comment

*blinks*

What bothers me isn't the lack of emotions of the characters, but in the storytelling. There's no... feeling in it. Everything is portrayed as a cold hard fact. Maybe it gets better in the later books, cause I only started reading few days ago and I'm only finishing the second one... I hope

I'm sure to.
                      Ah, I see what you mean, it's the lack of emotion in the writing of the emotions. I haven't read the later books so I can't comment.

Obviously you do.
                      not in public

Comment

Hm. I scrolled through jumble's latest Martin pic spam and thought I saw Coopie.
                        So I scrolled back up and it was Martin.

Disturbing, really.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Urgh, I hate fasting blood tests. Last time I had one I was pregnant (glucose tolerance). Personally I tink it's asking for trouble asking any woman not to eat for 12 hours, let alone a pregnant one.

Good luck Friday. Hope you don't have to sit around too long and everything comes back hunky dory.
                          <sends possy vibes>

*blinks*

I've read them all and yes, they do get slightly better as the books go on. You have to remember that the target aurience for these books is the same age as the characters or slightly younger (so, book 1 Harry & co are 11 and the writing style is aimed at 9 -12 year olds.) As the books go on each one gets progressively more mature. I wouldn't say any of them ever reach the level of emotional maturity that some of the fanfics do (although the last one is dark and angsty in a lot of places) but they do start to explore emotional impact of the events more and, particularly, it's protrayed fairly realistically as a teenager might handle it. I actually think the films do a better job of showing the emotional stuff than the bookss do. *shrugs*
                          If you like the series it's well worth persevering and reading them all. The last one has some real "Oh...! Oh..." moments.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Hm. I scrolled through jumble's latest Martin pic spam and thought I saw Coopie.

Disturbing, really.

Hmm!

Can I beg a hug from the Woohoos today please? This year just seems to be going from bad to worse for my family and I'm not sure who to worry about most these days.
                          sigpic

Comment

Steps around of Jumble's drools.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Disturbing, really.
                            Very...

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            I've read them all and yes, they do get slightly better as the books go on. You have to remember that the target aurience for these books is the same age as the characters or slightly younger (so, book 1 Harry & co are 11 and the writing style is aimed at 9 -12 year olds.) As the books go on each one gets progressively more mature. I wouldn't say any of them ever reach the level of emotional maturity that some of the fanfics do (although the last one is dark and angsty in a lot of places) but they do start to explore emotional impact of the events more and, particularly, it's protrayed fairly realistically as a teenager might handle it. I actually think the films do a better job of showing the emotional stuff than the bookss do. *shrugs*
                            If you like the series it's well worth persevering and reading them all. The last one has some real "Oh...! Oh..." moments.
                            Yeah, I think that might be my main problem. Maybe I'm expecting too much, cause I really did enjoy the movies. We'll see. I'm off to book 3 now.

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                            Can I beg a hug from the Woohoos today please? This year just seems to be going from bad to worse for my family and I'm not sure who to worry about most these days.
                            *giant squishy hugs*

I hope things turn for the better.
                            sigpic

Comment

((((Cags))))
                              Hope everything will be OK for everyone.
                              Worry can be very draining.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*quietly slips in*

Hi Woohoos! No...I'm not looking for LJ...she met her deadline and can now GIMP in peace. Actually...I was wondering (since I don't visit any other threads anymore...) if someone had referenced the latest Stargate SG-1/Atlantis (and I guess, soon to be Universe) magazine about what they call Sam's "defining moment" during her stint in SGA. Don't want to be repetitive if it's been discussed elsewhere, but I found it most...enlightening.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X