The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    *nods* That's what it is (((((Amanda)))))

*sticks tongue out at Amanda*
    Exactly! (((Jumbley)))

One of these days you'll see the truth...

Really? All of them on PremPro? What settings do you use to export with? I tried several combinations, some of them were really poor quality
    One of them was on PremPro and it was one of the ones on YT. I have problems with the songs and the copyrights

*thinks about that* I think I love them equally..........

but if I could only have one, it might upset the balance a little

I soooo hope that article was right about the commentaries, I'm suffering from Martincommentarywithdrawal
    Yes that wood be hard to you to decide...and you can only have one favorite

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      Exactly! (((Jumbley)))

One of these days you'll see the truth...
      *hands Amanda a super large magnifying glass to help her see the truth*

One of them was on PremPro and it was one of the ones on YT. I have problems with the songs and the copyrights
      Ah, copyright issues Shame we don't know which songs not to use before we spend hours making the vid

Yes that wood be hard to you to decide...and you can only have one favorite
      Only one? I think I'm the only person on GW that only has one

not counting Michael of course, who is the main reason for today's grumpiness because he was supposed to be here this weekend and now he's not coming and I'm really ticked off about that and I think he does it on purpose just to make me miss him

*huggles Martin for comfort*

That works

Edit: There's a Countrywise prog on about a guy who runs an old fashioned canal boad, and he just said the best thing to get it going is wood, because it gets HOT really fast

Where's Jasmina today? Did I tick her off yesterday

Comment

*hands Amanda a super large magnifying glass to help her see the truth*
        *uses super large magnifying glass*

*nods*

Yup I see the truth...he is

*passes magnifying glass back to Jumble...since she's old experienced*
        Ah, copyright issues Shame we don't know which songs not to use before we spend hours making the vid

Only one? I think I'm the only person on GW that only has one
        I know! *sighs and kicks YT*
        not counting Michael of course, who is the mainreason for today's grumpiness because he was supposed to be here this weekend and now he's bot coming and I'm really ticked off about that and I think he does it on purpose just to make me miss him

*huggles Martin for comfort*

That works

Edit: There's a Countrywise prog on about a guy who runs an old fashioned canal boad, and he just said the best thing to get it going is wood, because it gets HOT really fast
        Men I hate when plans get canceled Blah! Which just happened to me as well, my really good friend and I were going to hang out at least once over the summer and we were going to do something this weekend but now it looks like she won't be able to and she's going back to College on Sunday *sigh* I hate it because she's a really good friend and I know that one day she's going to either marry and move away and I want to spend as much time with her as I can.

Comment

You're right, I think I'm just touchy today

The last thing we saw said that only AT and DK had done commentaries, so who do we believe? I'm trying to be pessimistic...............
          You're right, there was a previous announcement that only mentioned AT and DK and there is no guarantee this particular article has it right. However, I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal so I like to think this more recent info is more accurate. Plus, I just have a hard time believing MW wouldn't want to share his passion for the show and the red camera with us. I don't think they could keep him away from the commentaries if they tried! Sorry I didn't clear this all up on the tour. I did talk to AT about what was on the DVDs and she did mention commentaries, we just didn't get into specifics of who was doing them other than the fact she was involved.

I have this theory. I think OBPTB like to play games with us. I think they deliberately did things that they knew wood send shockwaves around GW, give us lots to talk about and rant or rave over, whilst still telling the story the way they wanted to and developing the characters in the way they wanted What other possible reason could there be for the 200 wedding? They had Jack and Sam break the regs several times, and then made it ok because it was an AU/AT situation. And I don't mean they did it in a vindictice way, not at all. I think they realised quite early on that Stargate was never going to be just another SciFi show, and that Stargate fandom was never going to be anything other than unique in it's obsession and devotion, so they gave us lots to talk about. Where wood GW be if they'd put J/S together for real, J/T together for real and D/V together for real, all in the early seasons? Where wood be the fun in everyone interpreting everything in exactly the same way and being totally happy with it?

I also totally believe that they know Movie 3 is their last chance to sort it all out and make the shippers squee wildly

/rant or speculation or hormonally driven insanity, take your pick
          I think that TPTB deliberately straddle the fence for two reasons. One, they don't all think alike. Some are shippers, some are not. Second, I think they are trying to please all the fans, shippers and non-shippers alike. They throw in little things like Jack's picture in Sam's luggage in Atlantis. That gives the shippers something to squee about but since they don't come right out and say they're together, the non-shippers can say it's not happening. However, I think by trying to please everyone they ultimately end up satisfying no one. The non-shippers complain about the hints and the shippers complain there is no confirmation.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*uses super large magnifying glass*

*nods*

Yup I see the truth...he is

*passes magnifying glass back to Jumble...since she's old experienced*

I know! *sighs and kicks YT*

Men I hate when plans get cancelled Blah! Which just happened to me as well, my really good friend and I were going to hang out at least once over the summer and we were going to do something this weekend but now it looks like she won't be able to and she's going back to College on Sunday *sigh* I hate it because she's a really good friend and I know that one day she's going to either marry and move away and I want to spend as much time with her as I can.
            I really shouldn't malign him, it's not his fault and he's just as ticked as I am I just never grew out of the stamping my foot when I can't get my own way stage

Of course, it could be you that gets married and moves away But it is a shame. The summer goes by so fast. In the UK colleges don't go back until September, some not until October..........

.....ah, September and October....... September is Sanctuary S1 dvds, October Sanctuary S2..... *tries not to wish the year away*

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              You're right, there was a previous announcement that only mentioned AT and DK and there is no guarantee this particular article has it right. However, I'm a glass-half-full kind of gal so I like to think this more recent info is more accurate. Plus, I just have a hard time believing MW wouldn't want to share his passion for the show and the red camera with us. I don't think they could keep him away from the commentaries if they tried!
              That's what I think too, I just don't want to set myself up for a huge disappointment I take my Martin commentaries waaay too seriously

Sorry I didn't clear this all up on the tour. I did talk to AT about what was on the DVDs and she did mention commentaries, we just didn't get into specifics of who was doing them other than the fact she was involved.
              You got us the most important piece of information on that tour, plus we got to hear what Martin is like up close in RL

Comment

I really shouldn't malign him, it's not his fault and he's just as ticked as I am I just never grew out of the stamping my foot when I can't get my own way stage

Of course, it could be you that gets married and moves away
                But it is a shame. The summer goes by so fast. In the UK colleges don't go back until September, some not until October..........

.....ah, September and October....... September is Sanctuary S1 dvds, October Sanctuary S2..... *tries not to wish the year away*
                That's highly unlikely She's like the exact opposite of me...she'll be very submissive to her future husband and if he wants to stay wherever he's at then she'll follow him I love her to death but I dislike that she's like that. And she was working on a this one camp all summer and as much as I respect her for doing that I want to stomp (like you ) my foot because it's not fair that my cousin and I barely get to see her ya know?

I think UK college go into June though right? Ours let out beginning of May...of course my college doesn't let out till late May

Comment

That's highly unlikely She's like the exact opposite of me...she'll be very submissive to her future husband and if he wants to stay wherever he's at then she'll follow him I love her to death but I dislike that she's like that. And she was working on a this one camp all summer and as much as I respect her for doing that I want to stomp (like you ) my foot because it's not fair that my cousin and I barely get to see her ya know?
                  How old is she? If she's your age she has time to learn And if she doesn't, tbh we have to accept that other people don't share our beliefs, and let them find their own road to happiness. If I weren't so staunchly independent and more willing to bend I might not have screwed up so many relationships, who knows?

I think UK college go into June though right? Ours let out beginning of May...of course my college doesn't let out till late May
                  That's right, mostly. It's interesting though that school terms differ even inside the UK. Schools here in England don't go back until September, having finished at the end of July, but in Scotland they went back yesterday, having finished in June.

Comment

How old is she? If she's your age she has time to learn And if she doesn't, tbh we have to accept that other people don't share our beliefs, and let them find their own road to happiness. If I weren't so staunchly independent and more willing to bend I might not have screwed up so many relationships, who knows?

That's right, mostly. It's interesting though that school terms differ even inside the UK. Schools here in England don't go back until September, having finished at the end of July, but in Scotland they went back yesterday, having finished in June.
                    She's 19 and for the most part we share the same beliefs and I understand why she has that belief but I don't want her to go and as much as I think Pennsylvania is the most boring state ever I love where I live it's pretty and it's home. I just hate that life goes by too quickly. I miss seeing her every Sunday at church and cracking jokes and I can't believe that she leaves in a few days and I won't see her until Christmas I just really miss how things used to be. But I hate to admit it our friendship has been a bit strained lately and I hate that too. *grumbles* And I understand what you're saying about bending...but why do some people have to bend so much?

Most colleges in my area start the first week of September but my college starts in a few days

and to stay on topic-

Comment

Well, hello discussion!

((((Bekki))))

LJ, love the sigs

I know He does get blamed for everything non-shippy that ever happened in SG, when in fact he's been behind a lot of the shippy stuff *shrugs*

I think everyone over there is just bored atm, and it's really easy to have a snark at TPTB. It's all very negative lately

Can you just imagine the convo between Coopie and Joe, comparing bruises? *hugs them*

And what have I told you about patting Coopie's head too much?
                      I think...
                      I think that I must keep Coopie safe.

And the patting of the head... Yeah.

Awesome about Joe's blog LJ!!

About the Coopie thing Nad...I think we were pretty okay with it...it didn't blow up that much at least. (((Coopie))) (((shippers and woohoos)))
                      Oh hey, I didn't mean it in a way that he was being dragged through the mud, it was more a bit of semi serious silliness.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        Well, hello discussion!

((((Bekki))))

LJ, love the sigs

I think...

Oh hey, I didn't mean it in a way that he was being dragged through the mud, it was more a bit of semi serious silliness.
                        Let's face it...we've all seen worse PTB bashing...

Comment

Let's face it...we've all seen worse PTB bashing...

Oooh yeah
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*sneaks in quietly. Pours drink and sits in the corner*

Evening woohoos!

I missed you yesterday but... we did nearly 300 miles driving in the end (including coming home and getting stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 at half ten at night... that's bonkers IMO but that's London for you. )

Huggles for all the woohooos (((((HUGGLES)))) but especially for ((((Jumble)))) ((((Bekki)))) ((((Amanda)))) just because.

Jumble, that punch had no absinthe in it (and, trust me, I did pull out the bottle and comtemplate it for a nanosecond but the "caution; diulute with water to taste" kind of put me off this time). Neither did it contain any other mind altering substances; indeed even the tequila was just the bog standard stuff, not mescal, so don't go blaming my punch for your wiggy dreams.

I did comtemplate sending that video on to Joe actually.... Nah, not really.

yes really...

Actually found a way you can sort of find out. If you put the song title/artist into search on YT and have a quick look through the results - if you can't find anything other that live versions or cover versions of that song in the first ten or so entries then it's very likely it will block you when you add it.
                            However, when I decide to do a video I don't do them for YT I do them because that's what I want so, stuff YT's crappy copyright rules, make whatever you want and if YT won't take it, post it onto Bam video vault and then embed it into your own website or live journal and post a link to that.
                            Incidently, aside from the fact you have to be a member to both view and add videos (and a few other little niggles) I strongly suggest using Bam vault as it's never rejected anything of mine at all so far (and I started a Stargate group on there and need more fans ).

http://bamvidvault.ning.com/

Uh... I had loads more to say but lost all the multiquotes.

*slinks back into the corner with a glass of sauvignon blanc and a bar of galaxy*
                            sigpic

Comment

She's 19 and for the most part we share the same beliefs and I understand why she has that belief but I don't want her to go and as much as I think Pennsylvania is the most boring state ever I love where I live it's pretty and it's home. I just hate that life goes by too quickly. I miss seeing her every Sunday at church and cracking jokes and I can't believe that she leaves in a few days and I won't see her until Christmas I just really miss how things used to be. But I hate to admit it our friendship has been a bit strained lately and I hate that too. *grumbles* And I understand what you're saying about bending...but why do some people have to bend so much?

Most colleges in my area start the first week of September but my college starts in a few days

and to stay on topic-

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v...nwoodcont6.jpg
                              *hugs Amanda*

Unfortunately it's a fact of life that things change and people move on

As for the bending thing, we all have to find our own levels of compromise I guess.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              Well, hello discussion!
                              I know, it's such a rare thing around here But at least we were mostly on topic for a change

((((Bekki))))

LJ, love the sigs

I think...

*nods* Yes, keep him safely snuggled up in your room, or in the kitchen...... anybody else hungry?

On their part or yours?

Sorry I let it bug me, but actually it was quite nice to have a little discussion about it on here..

We don't talk about OBPTB nearly enough around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                                *sneaks in quietly. Pours drink and sits in the corner*

Evening woohoos!

I missed you yesterday but... we did nearly 300 miles driving in the end (including coming home and getting stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 at half ten at night... that's bonkers IMO but that's London for you. )

Huggles for all the woohooos (((((HUGGLES)))) but especially for ((((Jumble)))) ((((Bekki)))) ((((Amanda)))) just because.

Jumble, that punch had no absinthe in it (and, trust me, I did pull out the bottle and comtemplate it for a nanosecond but the "caution; diulute with water to taste" kind of put me off this time). Neither did it contain any other mind altering substances; indeed even the tequila was just the bog standard stuff, not mescal, so don't go blaming my punch for your wiggy dreams.
                                I feel a new disclaimer banner coming on...........

I did comtemplate sending that video on to Joe actually.... Nah, not really.

yes really...

Although tbh I don't think it wood matter, he's seen enough of our stuff to know what to expect *nods at LJ*, I'm just not sure I'd want him to show it Martin, what with the manip......... Hmmmmmmmm......

Actually found a way you can sort of find out. If you put the song title/artist into search on YT and have a quick look through the results - if you can't find anything other that live versions or cover versions of that song in the first ten or so entries then it's very likely it will block you when you add it.
                                However, when I decide to do a video I don't do them for YT I do them because that's what I want so, stuff YT's crappy copyright rules, make whatever you want and if YT won't take it, post it onto Bam video vault and then embed it into your own website or live journal and post a link to that.
                                Incidently, aside from the fact you have to be a member to both view and add videos (and a few other little niggles) I strongly suggest using Bam vault as it's never rejected anything of mine at all so far (and I started a Stargate group on there and need more fans ).

http://bamvidvault.ning.com/

Uh... I had loads more to say but lost all the multiquotes.

*slinks back into the corner with a glass of sauvignon blanc and a bar of galaxy*
                                I always forget about BAM I'm still waiting for the vid to load onto YT. If it gets rejected I'll try BAM.....

As for LJ, I have no idea how to do anything on there, it's so darned stoopid the way it doesn't give any clues how to do anything

Comment

Working...
                                X