Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    We are? Aww, crap I didn't realise...

I came here for the good times, the fun, the love and the sharing.

((((huggles all Woohoos))))

...and the music. There's always music around here.

((((WooHoos))))
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

We are? Aww, crap I didn't realise...

I came here for the good times, the fun, the love and the sharing.

((((huggles all Woohoos))))

Yep, sorry Amanda, but I'm with Cags on this one with the exception of being here for the Martin thunkage of course , but mostly for the fun, the love and the sharing

and thank the gods for the backspace button after all this wine

Edit: Yes, that's right Nad,always for the music

D'you know I wake every morning with Speedwagon singing 'In My Dreams' in my head? Can't think why

Comment

In the end, it all comes down to flocking and togetherness.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Exactly

And I think I should now go to bed......... two hours' sleep in 48 hours is just not good at my age

Woodnight (((((WooHoos)))))

*huggles Martin*

Edit: *runz back in and huggles Martin again*

What? One Martin huggle is never enough................

Comment

I thought it came down baskets and eggs?

Wrong metaphor?

Actually it all comes down to something my mum once wrote in my autography book:

Happiness is a perfume you cannot sprinkle upon yourself without spilling a few drops onto others.
            Always let the perfume flow freely.

Originally posted by jumble View Post

Yep, sorry Amanda, but I'm with Cags on this one with the exception of being here for the Martin thunkage of course , but mostly for the fun, the love and the sharing

and thank the gods for the backspace button after all this wine

Edit: Yes, that's right Nad,always for the music

D'you know I wake every morning with Speedwagon singing 'In My Dreams' in my head? Can't think why
            I wish I could blame wine but I'm only just starting on my second glass. When you're female, there's certain times of the month when it pays not to drink too much. I have rather unfortunate first hand experience of this.
            sigpic

Comment

Exactly

And I think I should now go to bed......... two hours' sleep in 48 hours is just not good at my age

Woodnight (((((WooHoos)))))

*huggles Martin*

Edit: *runz back in and huggles Martin again*

What? One Martin huggle is never enough................
              Hm... You'd think a twentysomething year old could do all nighters...

Wrong metaphor?

Actually it all comes down to something my mum once wrote in my autography book:

Happiness is a perfume you cannot sprinkle upon yourself without spilling a few drops onto others.

I wish I could blame wine but I'm only just starting on my second glass. When you're female, there's certain times of the month when it pays not to drink too much. I have rather unfortunate first hand experience of this.

Aww.

sigpic

Comment

You know, that's why I'm still here. Yes, I'm a determined S/J Shipper who wants her resolution. But I stay with this community because of all of you. I have a full life...demanding job, family and RL friends...but I've met some of the nicest people here! I would miss you all if I didn't spend time here regularly.

We flock, and we do it together.

That's kinda nice.

So...party plans in place????

Comment

Wrong metaphor?

Aw, that's nice, I must remember that one

My 'goodbye' card from the kids yesterday says

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves

And inside their mum wrote

Our children would not have been the same wonderful creatures they are without your influence and support

*wipes more tears*

I'm glad to say I no longer have that problem, I'm a free woman

Hm... You'd think a twentysomething year old could do all nighters...

Aww.
                  Unfortunately doubling the age doesn't double one's ability to party all night

ok, yes, it's nearer to triple, but that wasn't the point

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                  You know, that's why I'm still here. Yes, I'm a determined S/J Shipper who wants her resolution. But I stay with this community because of all of you. I have a full life...demanding job, family and RL friends...but I've met some of the nicest people here! I would miss you all if I didn't spend time here regularly.

That's kinda nice.
                  Yup, me too! And I'm soooo looking forward to meeting lots more GWers in person next year

Er........ I'm hoping everyone else is more organized than me, because I've had very little time this week

Who's bringing the cake?

Nad, that new batch of broccoli will be ready by Saturday, right?

Comment

That's kinda nice.

((((Melissa))))

Same here.

And party plans in place.

Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves

Our children would not have been the same wonderful creatures they are without your influence and support

*wipes more tears*
                    Aww! That is so sweet
                    *hugs*

*giggles*

Er........ I'm hoping everyone else is more organized than me, because I've had very little time this week

Who's bringing the cake?

Yes. There'll be broccoli all over the place.

And organized, organized...
                    Since when is a Shippy Hippy Party organized?

sigpic

Comment

I meant organized as in actually having done something for it I haven't even done the welcoming banner yet Never mind, I have until 7.15 when I pick Oma up *bounces*

And lord save me from panic-inducing heartstopping children.

Lee: Nan, Joel's broken your laptop!

Me: Whaaaat??????

Joel: It's not my fault, I just opened up PS and the screen split! I can only see half of it!

Me: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????

*goes to have a look*

*sighs with relief*

The PS window had shrunk height-wise, all he had to do was drag the bottom of it back down

I love them dearly, but sometimes............

Comment

I have to admit that I haven't done a lot yet either...
                        But I can whip up a letter, a poem and change some lyrics in no time

And aww, that's cute. Apart from the scare you got, of course

sigpic

Comment

I meant organized as in actually having done something for it I haven't even done the welcoming banner yet Never mind, I have until 7.15 when I pick Oma up *bounces*

And lord save me from panic-inducing heartstopping children.

Lee: Nan, Joel's broken your laptop!

Me: Whaaaat??????

Joel: It's not my fault, I just opened up PS and the screen split! I can only see half of it!

Me: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??????????

*goes to have a look*

*sighs with relief*

The PS window had shrunk height-wise, all he had to do was drag the bottom of it back down

I love them dearly, but sometimes............
                          sigpic

Comment

I have to admit that I haven't done a lot yet either...
                            But I can whip up a letter, a poem and change some lyrics in no time

And aww, that's cute. Apart from the scare you got, of course
                            Yeah, easy for you

I've got a lot of 'old' stuff that I can post over the weekend, plus a few facts and figures, then I'll make some stuff Sunday night and be around most of Monday

Oh, and......

Comment

Hmpf. Old stuff.

But it'l be awesome as ever.
                              It looks like I'll only have time in the evenings, but that's why three day parties are the WooHoo way. There's always time.

sigpic

Comment

*wipes more tears*
                                Aw...aw... *sniff* I will have to remember that one myself. That's just lovely.

I'm glad to say I no longer have that problem, I'm a free woman
                                *iz jealous*

No really. I veer between wishing they'd just whip it all away and get it over with and thinking how wonder... actually, no, just whip it all out... thta's pretty much the only thing I think about it.

And occasionally I rant about those ridiculous wings and strings adverts that invite me to celebrate "mother nature's monthly gift" or to "have a happy period". Er... male ad executive think of those did he?

Yup, me too! And I'm soooo looking forward to meeting lots more GWers in person next year

Who's bringing the cake?

Cake? No one said there'd be cake!

Gah I can bring some, er, onions, a few runner beans and some tomatoes (may need a couple more days to ripen) and any amount of edible nasturiums you can handle. I'm afraid the broccoli season is over in my garden so it's all in the composter being turned into worm food right now.

Seriously though, I need to make those jello shots don't I? Hmm, vodka or tequila?

I won't be around for the forum party though - going away Sunday for a few days. It's a shame to miss it.

That's kinda nice.

Aaaah, that's lovely too. And very true. I have made some lifelong friends via internet forums. People whose weddings I have been to and whose children's christenings I've attended a who have travelled hundreds of miles to spend time with me (and vice versa).
                                I was having this debate with someone the other day about meeting and making friends through the internet and theysaid they thought it was odd... until I pointed out that people have been writing to penpals in faraway places for years and it's really no different. It's just faster, and you have a better opportunity to find people you have plenty in common with instead of being forced into making frineds in your immediate circle just because that's all that's available to you.
                                Making friends on the internet transcends gender, race, age, class and abilities like no other format can.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X