Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm around...

*Happy Dances Nekkid*
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
      Hey everyone,

I hear this is the place to show your love/enthusiasm for the wonderful Martin Wood!

So I'm to confess I think he's completely awesome and the best director ever!!

Can I join you all?

Julia(samcarterrules)
      Hey Julia! Nice to see you over here!

*runs nekkid through the thread with only Joe's shoes on my feet and Martin's shorts on my head, and throws broccoli confetti* How'd I do?

Julia(samcarterrules)
      On second thought, I see to are too easily influenced by what goes on in this thread.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

The WooHoo way of life just gets under one's skin.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Wahoo! Really hyperactive today!!!

OT (when am I EVER on topic?)

Spoiler:
          today I decided to go to Melbourne tomorrow! I've never made such a spontaneous decision, so I'm reeling a little! I'm paying $400 for a plane ticket to go to an audition for a show that I'm nearly certain I wont get into! Ye gads! Ah, but that's the business, sadly! I'm sure Amanda would do the same (see, I'm slowly but surely trying to make this on topic) and I have a show tonight and my whole family are coming! I'm very excited!!! Which reminds me, I should show you a photo of me with blonde hair!

That's me and the guy that plays Antony. This is at the end of the musical when Johanna is disguised as a sailor...I think I look like Shirley Temple

MARTIN WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOD is a cooooooool duuuuude

*runs through thread nekkid, kissing everyone*

....ew....
          sigpic

Comment

Bekki, that's an awesome picture!
            You really do look a bit like Shirley Temple

For $400... Please have fun?

sigpic

Comment

Bekki, how cool, both the impulsive fly-to-Melbourne-for-audition thing and the photo! You look very groovy And good luck for the audition!!!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Wood Morning WooHoos

Bekki there's no such thing as OT on here

I think your hair looks great, a bit like mine used to when I was a kid
                But I think I still prefer it black

So what was with GW last night? I tried for an hour to get on, then gave up and went to bed

And dreamt again, but this time not about Martin

I was scuba diving and got into trouble, went too deep, ran out of air, came up too fast, all the things I wood never do

But I got rescued by a helicopter manned by Will and Henry (obviously I've watched the Comic Con vid waaaaay too many times ) They had trouble with the winch, didn't seem to know what they were doing I'm putting that down to the fact that Martin wasn't there to direct them Then I woke up and (this bit's ewwwwy warning)

Spoiler:
                discovered my nose was bleeding profusely

So was that caused by the dream, or was the dream caused by it?

Comment

((((jumble)))) Ouch.
                  ...Maybe you hit yourself in your sleep?

I had no problems with GW last night. I wasn't very active, but still.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                    ((((jumble)))) Ouch.
                    ...Maybe you hit yourself in your sleep?
                    No idea, and it's not something that's ever happened before *shrugs*

I had no problems with GW last night. I wasn't very active, but still.
                    Hmmmm. It was about 12.30 here when it started.

From Joe's blog

Comment

OK, maybe not such a nice dream last night Jumble Hope your nose is better now!

I had a Stargate-related kinda dream last night, but no PTB sadly, and not even much Stargate. Just, in amongst all the random not-making-sense dream stuff, Apophis was there But not being a bad guy, just wandering around in all his Cecil B Demille finery. And I was taking photos Dreams are weird...
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        OK, maybe not such a nice dream last night Jumble Hope your nose is better now!

I had a Stargate-related kinda dream last night, but no PTB sadly, and not even much Stargate. Just, in amongst all the random not-making-sense dream stuff, Apophis was there But not being a bad guy, just wandering around in all his Cecil B Demille finery. And I was taking photos Dreams are weird...
                        They certainly are

And thanks for digging out the Ex Deus Machina quote for me, I appear to have lost it

And now I'm listening to Small Victories...........

Poor Martin, he was actually inside the torpedo tube filming the replicator, which is when he discovered that he's claustraphobic They filmed it once, and before he had time to say anything they shut the door assuming he wood want to do another take, and they couldn't hear him yelling to let him out

Oh, actually that's not on the commentary, it's something I heard him talking about on one of the Timeline bts thingies.

The thing with Martin is he refuses to see 'difficult' or 'impossible', and he just expects everyone else to follow along (which they usually do, because he's just so inspiring )

Small Victories

Jim Menard: And one thing Martin always does to James (Tichener) and I is, if he knows that last shot did a 180 degree pan from the room from a CG shot where we had to track it to get off of it right around, it makes it hard to light and hard to put in the effect…..

James: That’s right. You show up on the day and there’s Martin “Ok, we start here and then we go all the way over here. Ok guys? Ready? Let’s go!”

Last edited by Jumble; 01 August 2009, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Oh I see the newbie's getting the idea

I don't need him to be tied up.A quick flash of my fascinating green eyes and he'll just fall at my feet
                          see, I can do the dreaming thing while I'm wide awake
                          Did you feed him to much Broccoli?
                          Wood Morning WooHoos

Bekki there's no such thing as OT on here

I think your hair looks great, a bit like mine used to when I was a kid
                          But I think I still prefer it black

So what was with GW last night? I tried for an hour to get on, then gave up and went to bed.

And dreamt again, but this time not about Martin

I was scuba diving and got into trouble, went too deep, ran out of air, came up too fast, all the things I wood never do

But I got rescued by a helicopter manned by Will and Henry (obviously I've watched the Comic Con vid waaaaay too many times ) They had trouble with the winch, didn't seem to know what they were doing I'm putting that down to the fact that Martin wasn't there to direct them Then I woke up and (this bit's ewwwwy warning)

Spoiler:
                          discovered my nose was bleeding profusely

So was that caused by the dream, or was the dream caused by it?
                          ((((jumble)))) hope your better today.

Bekki I love your pic! Break a leg at your audition! Hey wouldn't it be cool if it was Martin you were auditioning for!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Did you feed him to much Broccoli?
                            Hey, I'll try anything that might work Although I think I should point out that Broccoli is our hippy chick mascot...

so I woodn't try to feed him to Martin

Whereas broccoli is a very nutritious vegetable when eaten,

but is far more fun when smoked

*adds broccoli to list of ways to capture Martin*

Martin's starting to worry about his safety next July......

((((jumble)))) hope your better today.
                            I'm fine, thanks

Bekki I love your pic! Break a leg at your audition! Hey wouldn't it be cool if it was Martin you were auditioning for!!
                            Julia(samcarterrules)
                            Poor Bekki wood probably be struck dumb in that case (assuming that's even possible )

Last edited by Jumble; 01 August 2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

They certainly are

And thanks for digging out the Ex Deus Machina quote for me, I appear to have lost it

And now I'm listening to Small Victories...........

Poor Martin, he was actually inside the torpedo tube filming the replicator, which is when he discovered that he's claustraphobic They filmed it once, and before he had time to say anything they shut the door assuming he wood want to do another take, and they couldn't hear him yelling to let him out

Oh, actually that's not on the commentary, it's something I heard him talking about on one of the Timeline bts thingies.

The thing with Martin is he refuses to see 'difficult' or 'impossible', and he just expects everyone else to follow along (which they usually do, because he's just so inspiring )

Small Victories

Jim Menard: And one thing Martin always does to James (Tichener) and I is, if he knows that last shot did a 180 degree pan from the room from a CG shot where we had to track it to get off of it right around, it makes it hard to light and hard to put in the effect…..

James: That’s right. You show up on the day and there’s Martin “Ok, we start here and then we go all the way over here. Ok guys? Ready? Let’s go!”

Poor Martin!!!! Yikes. I know I would be frightened in that tube!
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                                Poor Martin!!!! Yikes. I know I would be frightened in that tube!
                                Me too

*hugs Wendy* Good to see you

So from Small Victories I followed on to Upgrades and then D&C, and it struck me that Martin's voice was a lot different back then. In his later commentaries he's a lot more relaxed and less serious, and it really shows in the timbre and tone of his voice. Also his accent has become more pronounced, probably for the same reasons

Comment

Working...
                                X