No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pics Jumble. I needed them. I woke up cranky this morning and this just set me off.

pic by LilFerret
    sigpic

Comment

*runs in and smokes broccoli* Now I have to go to church and pretend to be a docile female, ha!

*huggles everyone and some of the PTB because I need it*

*fangurls AT*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
        My bad. I should have stated it was from Darren right off. And did I give a link?
        No, the link I followed was from someone else

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        You see that's my concern. there's a lot of people being very vocal about how they won't buy it specifically because of x y or z rumoured changes and I just think that dents confidence in the franchise altogether. It shouldn't, no, but it does.

...Although if you don't want to see it because you're not much interested, I can understand that. I'm not terribly interested tbh. I will probably see it at some point for completeness sake and I may buy it depending on whether I have spare cash and it's cheap enough and I feel like it etc. etc. etc. I'm not married to the idea of owning it and won't be heartbroken if I don't see it and I won't be upset over anythign they've changed.

Oh yes I completely agree - it's a totally commercial venture. A cheap and cheerful way to make money fast and easy from die hard fans (because there are those who will get it regardless because they are fans). I can't say I blame them but I worry about the impact its sales (or not) will have on the movie franchise. If it's not a commercial success, we may have a problem where the movies are concerned.

You cynic! But again I agree.

You know in this day and age, things have to be instant hits to gaurantee they have any future. Well, instant hits or cheap to make or both.
        I reckon one reason Sanctuary got green lighted for S2 is because it's a lot cheaper to make than most series out there (I've seen more heavily hyped and funded shows with larger audiences that have been promising too and they have been pulled, sometimes before a season has finished). That's no disrespect to Sanctuary because it is good excellent and deserves to be made IMO but it's rare nopwadays that something has a chance to become good rather than start out good. When I think back to all the most successful and long running series I was a fan of, nearly all of them were sleepers with strictly limited following and slightly ropey storylines in their early years - X Files being a case in point. if that were made today it wood barely get past its first season!
        It's sad that TV (and music and life in general) has become so fast and disposable that things don't have an opportunity to grow and evolve any more. Gah, have you seen the way most new shows deal with the UST between two characters? Most of them it's forced and instant and there's no tension, or slow burn or build up. My two biggest ships (Sam/Jack and Mulder/Scully) were both years in the making... that's the way it should be done.

*grumbles about getting old*

P.S. Aaah Martin.
        Which of course is why it's being made the way it is

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          *runs in and smokes broccoli* Now I have to go to church and pretend to be a docile female, ha!

*huggles everyone and some of the PTB because I need it*

*fangurls AT*
          I mean no offense Amanda, but don't you think that statement makes you a bit of a hypocrite considering the thing you've been ranting about? On the one hand you object to women being treated as unequal etc, and on the other you're prepared to go along with it for whatever reason.

Just saying

You're welcome Jasmina Hope you're feeling better now

Comment

I am. Awesome Martin pics, spamming the AT thread and a disturbing amount of coffee and I'm as good as new... almost...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
              I am. Awesome Martin pics, spamming the AT thread and a disturbing amount of coffee and I'm as good as new... almost...
              Glad to hear it

Have some more.... (pics, not coffee )

I'm sorry, I just had to. I don't know what it is about
              that pic, but I just love it

Comment

Okay then...my 2 cents...

(Spoilered so ya'll can skip over it if you're tired of this theme )

Spoiler:
                Personally, I have no problem with a re-cut of the pilot as long as it's been done by Brad. It was his story to begin with and if he felt he wasn't able to tell it the way he wanted to because of Showtime dictating what it should or should not contain, then I think it's fine for him to re-work it to live up to his original vision. Personally, I think it's a rare opportunity to be able to recut the pilot of a show...usually the characters and storyline in them are so inconsistent with what they develop into once the actors and writers have a chance to grow into their roles that they can be difficult to watch. Personally, when I write, I often go back and rework my first chapter after I've finished the whole story because I'm more comfortable with the characters and the plot at that point and can make adjustments which (I hope) improve the overall consistency of the story. I don't want to speak for Brad, but I get the sense that this is what his intention is in doing this Final Cut.

As for the financial issue... at the time the re-cut was announced, I think it was seen as an opportunity to keep SG1 on the public radar between the release of Continuum and movie #3--something that could be done relatively inexpensively and which would keep existing fans from wandering off and possibly attract some new fans if they happened to be intrigued by the appearance of the re-cut pilot on the DVD racks. The process was well underway before the concern over the financial aspects of the SG1 and SGA movies became an issue.

Finally, I'll be unpopular and say that I have no problem with losing the reproductive organs line. I always found it cringe-worthy and a bit over the top, not to mention completely out of line for a captain to say to a colonel in that situation. And IIRC AT herself objected it to it at the time. My only fondness for it comes in how they made fun of it both in Moebius and 200; but since one was an ATL and the other one was never meant to be considered canon, then I guess the loss of the line really doesn't impact either of them, canon-wise.

Anyway...I'll be at Target first thing next Tuesday morning to get my copy. Personally, I can't wait.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Glad to hear it

Have some more.... (pics, not coffee )

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ightwaycut.jpg
                  I'm sorry, I just had to. I don't know what it is about
                  that pic, but I just love it
                  The hair? It's a darn good pic, it doesn't need a reason for it's awesomeness.

Yay!

But I still want more coffee

Spoiler:

Pic by LilFerret

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Personally, I have no problem with a re-cut of the pilot as long as it's been done by Brad. It was his story to begin with and if he felt he wasn't able to tell it the way he wanted to because of Showtime dictating what it should or should not contain, then I think it's fine for him to re-work it to live up to his original vision. Personally, I think it's a rare opportunity to be able to recut the pilot of a show...usually the characters and storyline in them are so inconsistent with what they develop into once the actors and writers have a chance to grow into their roles that they can be difficult to watch. Personally, when I write, I often go back and rework my first chapter after I've finished the whole story because I'm more comfortable with the characters and the plot at that point and can make adjustments which (I hope) improve the overall consistency of the story. I don't want to speak for Brad, but I get the sense that this is what his intention is in doing this Final Cut.

As for the financial issue... at the time the re-cut was announced, I think it was seen as an opportunity to keep SG1 on the public radar between the release of Continuum and movie #3--something that could be done relatively inexpensively and which would keep existing fans from wandering off and possibly attract some new fans if they happened to be intrigued by the appearance of the re-cut pilot on the DVD racks. The process was well underway before the concern over the financial aspects of the SG1 and SGA movies became an issue.

Finally, I'll be unpopular and say that I have no problem with losing the reproductive organs line. I always found it cringe-worthy and a bit over the top, not to mention completely out of line for a captain to say to a colonel in that situation. And IIRC AT herself objected it to it at the time. My only fondness for it comes in how they made fun of it both in Moebius and 200; but since one was an ATL and the other one was never meant to be considered canon, then I guess the loss of the line really doesn't impact either of them, canon-wise.

Anyway...I'll be at Target first thing next Tuesday morning to get my copy. Personally, I can't wait.
                    When you put it like that (bolded) I guess I can understand it more from Brad's pov, but I still don't feel the need to see it, or feel comfortable with the whole idea of a re-cut. I guess that's just me *shrugs*

As to the cut line, tbh I have no strong feelings about it either way.

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                    The hair? It's a darn good pic, it doesn't need a reason for it's awesomeness.
                    .... the bottom lip, the little furrow between the eyebrows, the slight tilt to his head, the......... yeah, you're right, it's just an awesome pic

Yay!

But I still want more coffee

Spoiler:
                    http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo186/jasmina_Go/Amanda/Conventions/2008/Comic%20Con%20-%20Sanctuary/ComicCon2008C_099small.jpg
                    Pic by LilFerret

She looks like a little girl with a cup waaaaay too big for her

Comment

*hops in*

*huggles Martin, Brad and Joe*

*kisses Shep*

*runs out again*

Almost lunch time
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi Jann

*waves as she runs back out of the door*

Flying visit

Comment

Morning, Woohoos! *sidesteps turmoil* How is everyone today?
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Re the bolded, you can join Rachel's gang then. There's me, her and VSS in it so far. Small but mighty!

Umm, when did they make fun of it in 200? *memory is going*.

Jasmina, there is no such thing as too much coffee. It's practically sacrelige to say so.

That pic? This one: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ightwaycut.jpg

You know what I like about it is his hair is so ruffleably and it does look a teensy bit like he's just got out of bed. Just saying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                              Morning, Woohoos! *sidesteps turmoil* How is everyone today?
                              I'm fine LJ Did you sleep better?

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Re the bolded, you can join Rachel's gang then. There's me, her and VSS in it so far. Small but mighty!
                              Me too!

Umm, when did they make fun of it in 200? *memory is going*.

Jasmina, there is no such thing as too much coffee. It's practically sacrelige to say so.

That pic? This one: http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...ightwaycut.jpg

You know what I like about it is his hair is so ruffleably and it does look a teensy bit like he's just got out of bed. Just saying.
                              There now, that's obviously why I like it so much

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                I'm fine LJ Did you sleep better?

Me too!

There now, that's obviously why I like it so much
                                I did, thanks. Now, if I would just stop dreaming about adopting babies, I would wake up quite refreshed!

They made fun of the reproductive organs line in the puppet section of 200.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X