X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *waves back*
    Aww! That's so cute!

I'd just hit my 40th birthday and decided I'd missed out on too much fun and definitey hadn't consumed my fair share of alcohol, so I was making up for it

and I've just done the math and realised that Jo was in fact only 16! Whoops Bad influence or what?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      OMG! That brought back some memories

When Jo was about 18, we used to go to a pub where all her college friends hung out, and whenever that song came on the jukebox we used to sing along at the tops of our voices and do a crazy dance together ............. same with 'Cotton-eye Joe'

Used to make me laugh when her friends wood say they wished they had a cool mum like me

Weird.........

*waves to Nad*

You mean it wasn't mandatory to dance around and sing that song at the top of your lungs? I thought everyone did that. Or did I just hang out with a weird crowd?

ETA: Bad influence? Nah. FUN influence. Nothing wrong there.
      sigpic

Comment

I'd just hit my 40th birthday and decided I'd missed out on too much fun and definitey hadn't consumed my fair share of alcohol, so I was making up for it

and I've just done the math and realised that Jo was in fact only 16! Whoops Bad influence or what?
        ...Um?

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
        You mean it wasn't mandatory to dance around and sing that song at the top of your lungs? I thought everyone did that. Or did I just hang out with a weird crowd?

ETA: Bad influence? Nah. FUN influence. Nothing wrong there.
        No weird crowd, I used to be thought that the Bee Gees ought to be sung out loud. And Abba. The Doors. The Mamas and the Papas. Steppenwolf. Neil Diamond. Frank Sinatra. The Spice Girls...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

...Um?
          What? I'll have you know I was a very sober citizen for the first 40 years of my life And I wasn't about to let my daughter suffer the same fate, so I let her start a couple of years early

No weird crowd, I used to be thought that the Bee Gees ought to be sung out loud. And Abba. The Doors. The Mamas and the Papas. Steppenwolf. Neil Diamond. Frank Sinatra. The Spice Girls...
          ...... and Take That, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Elvis.........

Oh, made a new sig. Not Martin, but sort of Sanctuary..

and icon...

Comment

...Um?

..................Born to be wiiiiiiild.

The Spice Girls. OMG did I hear more than my fair share that sung at the top of the lungs. My daughter was a big fan. Girl power and all.

Have you all been blowing broccoli smoke in my direction? I woke up in a great mood today and I have no idea why. I'm not knocking it though.
            sigpic

Comment

What? I'll have you know I was a very sober citizen for the first 40 years of my life And I wasn't about to let my daughter suffer the same fate, so I let her start a couple of years early

...... and Take That, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Elvis.........

Oh, made a new sig. Not Martin, but sort of Sanctuary..

and icon...

OMG! There'a another Man! Martin!!!!
              Nice.

And well, that sure explains a lot...

The Spice Girls. OMG did I hear more than my fair share that sung at the top of the lungs. My daughter was a big fan. Girl power and all.

Have you all been blowing broccoli smoke in my direction? I woke up in a great mood today and I have no idea why. I'm not knocking it though.
              I was one of those fans, sining and walking on those uh... shoes with high ...soles. I once sung ''Mama'' with my brother on a party

Actually, come to think of it... I think my brother is to blame for a lot of singing out loud in public... Leading up to karaoke at school.
              My life is one big musical

And yes on the broccoli. Nice, huh?
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Nice.

I was one of those fans, sining and walking on those uh... shoes with high ...soles. I once sung ''Mama'' with my brother on a party

Actually, come to think of it... I think my brother is to blame for a lot of singing out loud in public... Leading up to karaoke at school.

It has a very nice effect. Thank you. Is it habit forming by any chance? Any bad side effects I need to know about in advance? I won't feel the urge to dance through the thread nekkid will I? (I'd like to spare you all that wicked sight.)

As for singing... I LOVE to sing (daughter and I do some great harmonies) but I have to admit, there are very few people who've ever heard me do it.
                sigpic

Comment

That's what you get for hanging around with us WooShippy Hippies Happy happy happy

Nice.
                  It's ok, I'm just lulling him into a false sense of security

It does? Care to explain it to me?

It's odd, but I woodn't dream of doing karaoke. Give me a glass of wine, a jukebox and a little space and I'll sing and dance all night. Stick a microphone in front of me and I clam up completely

Estrela the only side effect apart from the insane happyhippiness is that you'll suddenly get the munchies, and find yourself raiding the fridge and eating everything in sight

Oh, and your eyes might turn bright green......... or is that just me?

Comment

It has a very nice effect. Thank you. Is it habit forming by any chance? Any bad side effects I need to know about in advance? I won't feel the urge to dance through the thread nekkid will I? (I'd like to spare you all that wicked sight.)

As for singing... I LOVE to sing (daughter and I do some great harmonies) but I have to admit, there are very few people who've ever heard me do it.
                    Um... Broccoli is very healthy.
                    That's all I can say.

That's what you get for hanging around with us WooShippy Hippies Happy happy happy

It's ok, I'm just lulling him into a false sense of security

It does? Care to explain to me?
                    I think the Shippy Hippies are acting out tonight...

Good. Make him feel like you've moved on...

And uh... Making up for lost time makes one compensate and uh...

It's odd, but I woodn't dream of doing karaoke. Give me a glass of wine, a jukebox and a little space and I'll sing and dance all night. Stick a microphone in front of me and I clam up completely

Ah see, I don't do karaoke eighter. Usually.
                    I have a habit of only singing sober and outdoors. Or indoors with the windows open

EDIT: Bed. WoodNight!
                    Last edited by DutchIndeed; 13 July 2009, 02:06 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Um... Broccoli is very healthy.
                      That's all I can say.

I think the Shippy Hippies are acting out tonight...

Good. Make him feel like you've moved on...
                      .... but not too far, I woodn't want him to feel unloved, or hurt his feelings

And uh... Making up for lost time makes one compensate and uh...
                      Ah, right. Very true. In all things

Ah see, I don't do karaoke eighter. Usually.
                      I have a habit of only singing sober and outdoors. Or indoors with the windows open

EDIT: Bed. WoodNight!
                      Oh I sing when I'm sober, usually in the car where nobody can hear me

WoodNight *hugs*

Comment

Me no singy in public!

Woodnight, Nad!
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG! That brought back some memories

When Jo was about 18, we used to go to a pub where all her college friends hung out, and whenever that song came on the jukebox we used to sing along at the tops of our voices and do a crazy dance together ............. same with 'Cotton-eye Joe'

Used to make me laugh when her friends wood say they wished they had a cool mum like me

Weird.........

*waves to Nad*
                          I LOVE Cotton eyed Joe!!!!!!!!! We make sure it's played at every dance, and I can actually DO the dance to it!!! Noo...I don't live in a rather southern state where country music is common. And nooo...I don't listen to country music...Not at all...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Soooo...probably stretching this, topic wise...but as it's Brad's work, I guess it sort of qualifies....

GW Twttered some comments about an advanced viewing of CotG Final Cut...thought you all might be interested. And as I don't go, um, to other threads any more, thought I'd share here.

Quotes from GW Twitter:

Spoiler:
                            Very interesting changes. Some good, some I'm still digesting

"Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside .." The line is GONE! Thank the Brads.

COTG demonstrates how the same product can be significantly improved by a better editing job. Pace and story progression are much better.

New visual FX are great, and help make the film feel more like the TV series than the movie.

Continuity issues are improved, including that weird ship that dropped off the Goa'uld at the gate, never to be seen again

Joel Goldsmith's re-score is excellent. Also helps it to feel more like the TV series, and more mature as a film.

As previously announced, many (all?) of Teal'c's lines have been ADR-replaced. This version is a noticeable improvement.

Now to listen to the audio commentary with Brad Wright and RDA ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              *waves to all*

yup arrived safely...and only 5 hours away from you Amanda...I think more since we had to drive 4 hours to her house from the airport!
                              I got a good night of sleep...I slept for 10 hours FCOL...that's a LOT for me!! So totally awake now and happy Got some fruitloops...mmmmm.... I love the USA

Oh and I held a gun I don't think I'll be good at aiming though...those things are heavy

gotta go...we're going to float soon!!

Oh and Jumbly wood shoes are good...wooden shoes aren't
                              Did you guys go north or south?

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                              I LOVE Cotton eyed Joe!!!!!!!!! We make sure it's played at every dance, and I can actually DO the dance to it!!! Noo...I don't live in a rather southern state where country music is common. And nooo...I don't listen to country music...Not at all...
                              I like that song as well...

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                              Soooo...probably stretching this, topic wise...but as it's Brad's work, I guess it sort of qualifies....

GW Twttered some comments about an advanced viewing of CotG Final Cut...thought you all might be interested. And as I don't go, um, to other threads any more, thought I'd share here.

Quotes from GW Twitter:

Spoiler:
                              Very interesting changes. Some good, some I'm still digesting

"Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside .." The line is GONE! Thank the Brads.

COTG demonstrates how the same product can be significantly improved by a better editing job. Pace and story progression are much better.

New visual FX are great, and help make the film feel more like the TV series than the movie.

Continuity issues are improved, including that weird ship that dropped off the Goa'uld at the gate, never to be seen again

Joel Goldsmith's re-score is excellent. Also helps it to feel more like the TV series, and more mature as a film.

As previously announced, many (all?) of Teal'c's lines have been ADR-replaced. This version is a noticeable improvement.

Now to listen to the audio commentary with Brad Wright and RDA ...
                              Thanks APA, I'm going to cross post that to the Shipper thread if that's okay
                              Spoiler:
                              Err...I can't believe that line is gone, er!!!!! *mumbles about stupid sexist males who can't take famine talk* that's so wrong that they took that out!!!....Does that mean the "I like woman" is gone as well?!
                              Last edited by Regularamanda; 13 July 2009, 09:49 PM.

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                                Did you guys go north or south?

I like that song as well...

<snipped>
                                They drove south. She lives in the southern part of VA, about 4 hours south of me.

And yay!! Someone else that likes the song.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X