The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    It is indeed, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which are yours...... and everyone else's for that matter
    Hehe, yes. I saw some guesses and here's a little WooHoo hint: Nad did not do any Martin sigs. All my work is S/J

It is..... although personally I'm not a fan of cut flowers. I'm useless at arranging them and they die within a couple of weeks Give me a living plant that I can keep, that's what makes me happy

But it was a very nice 'thank-you' to get. They are strongly perfumed, I can smell them all over the house

So how's Nad today?
    I feel the same. When I buy something green for someone, I buy a plant.
    In fact, I'm very proud of one I bought for Mom years ago that's still growing

And Nad's doing fine. Back to my happy little self
    I gave some swift kicks under behinds today. Solved some stupid arguments along the way. I'm superman. Woman.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I'm not going to waste a perfectly good Martin banner just because I've talked too fast and didn't watch my post count

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Hehe, yes. I saw some guesses and here's a little WooHoo hint: Nad did not do any Martin sigs. All my work is S/J
      Hmmmm. I'll go and take another look

I did ten, but only one with Martin. Caused great confusion, because there was a lot of Martinart this week There's one particular sig that I'm dying to snurch, and I have yet to figure out who made it I did think it was you originally, then I thought it was Jasmina, now I'm not sure at all

I feel the same. When I buy something green for someone, I buy a plant.
      In fact, I'm very proud of one I bought for Mom years ago that's still growing
      That's the thing, a plant can be kept for years. I have several in the garden that were given to me as 'goodbye' gifts from departing children. It's lovely to wander round the garden and remember which one was given by which child, and to know that they're out in the world growing strong just like the plants

And Nad's doing fine. Back to my happy little self
      I gave some swift kicks under behinds today. Solved some stupid arguments along the way. I'm superman. Woman.
      Glad to hear it! Swift kicks can sometimes be very effective

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
      No! It's Supernad!!!!!!

WooHoooooood!!!

Comment

I'm not going to waste a perfectly good Martin banner just because I've talked too fast and didn't watch my post count
        Fine...

Congrats on the Big '69!!!
        And a lovely banner it is!

Hmmmm. I'll go and take another look

I did ten, but only one with Martin. Caused great confusion, because there was a lot of Martinart this week There's one particular sig that I'm dying to snurch, and I have yet to figure out who made it I did think it was you originally, then I thought it was Jasmina, now I'm not sure at all
        I think everyone assumes that if there must be confusing, there must be Martin. (And for some of us... No Martin equals Confusion.)

That's the thing, a plant can be kept for years. I have several in the garden that were given to me as 'goodbye' gifts from departing children. It's lovely to wander round the garden and remember which one was given by which child, and to know that they're out in the world growing strong just like the plants

Glad to hear it! Swift kicks can sometimes be very effective

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?
        No! It's Supernad!!!!!!

WooHoooooood!!!
        *nods* Exactly! Plants are just cute.

And coool. That means I could have my own theme song!
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Um... Jumble?

*blinks* ...What is Martin doing in that avi of yours?

sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or is there a lot more gray on the forum today? Most of the white areas now appear gray to me. Hm...Shades of Gray...*eyes DVDs*
            sigpic

Comment

Fine...

Congrats on the Big '69!!!
              And a lovely banner it is!

I think everyone assumes that if there must be confusing, there must be Martin. (And for some of us... No Martin equals Confusion.)

*nods* Exactly! Plants are just cute.

And coool. That means I could have my own theme song!
              Thanks

It confuses me

Yes, and pretty

Um... Jumble?

*blinks* ...What is Martin doing in that avi of yours?
              He's laughing.........

RDA told him to do something 'directory', so he turned to the camera and said something daft with a very straight face and then burst out laughing

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
              Is it just me, or is there a lot more gray on the forum today? Most of the white areas now appear gray to me. Hm...Shades of Gray...*eyes DVDs*
              Looks the same to me *shrugs*

Ah, Shades of Grey.......... used to be one of my faves.......

Edit: Actually, now that you mention it, the edges look less blue.......... Maybe our eyes have adjusted to make allowances for the new background?

Comment

Ah, laughing... Ok.

And yup. More grey.

sigpic

Comment

...Seriously. Is grey/gray and english/american thing?
                  It always confuses me.

sigpic

Comment

Ah, laughing... Ok.

And yup. More grey.
                    What did you think he was doing? Screaming 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!' because he's just heard I got an SE ticket?

...Seriously. Is grey/gray and english/american thing?
                    It always confuses me.
                    Yes.

UK = grey
                    US = gray

Here's what Darren just said about the background

Spoiler:
                    Here's the scoop on the site's new background(s):

- It's different. You'll get used to it. The blue is great, but it's also three years old.

- This is the first step in re-theme-ing the site for Stargate Universe (while retaining our overall template). More changes will follow, but won't affect the forum or every part of the site. Most changes will be more subtle.

SGU has a darker feel, so we decided a black background would fit nicely with the shift in theme.

- That said, color is important. We won't be going all black, white, and shades of grey on the main content panel.

- There are three backgrounds, and more in the works. Right now they are not randomized, but fixed to the different show sections.

- I don't think the background is responsible for any scrolling problems. (If it is, your browser may be very old.) It is a small (kb) image affixed with basic CSS attributes.

- The symbols / designs are supposed to be very subtle so as not to distract your eye from the center content. However, different monitors have different brightness settings (and capabilities), so your mileage may vary. If a lot of people report that they can't see them at all, we might turn up the brightness a smidge.

If anybody wants to comment further, please start a new thread. David and I are eager to hear your feedback!

So LJ was right about the SGU connection

Comment

Interesting thoughts about new background...I still miss my blue though!

and Jann is all packed(well mostly) and nervouuuuus!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

What did you think he was doing? Screaming 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!' because he's just heard I got an SE ticket?
                        Eh, yes, something along thos lines

Yes.

UK = grey
                        US = gray
                        Ah yes. I had some difficulties with ''Shades of Grey'' before. It was spelled with an A and I thought ''Huh?''

It's still a tad depressing.

sigpic

Comment

Yes.

UK = grey
                          US = gray

Well, I am brilliant, so...

I prefer the spelling g-r-e-y, actually, and it gets me in trouble sometimes. Not sure why I prefer the British spelling for that particular word, but...

...um...

JOE ROCKS!!!

*runz out*
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't get what Darren means about there being three different backgrounds fixed to the different shows I'm getting the same black bg and the same other colourings on SG1, SGA and SGU

Hey Jann Sure you've got everything? Sure you don't need to unpack everything just to check?

Don't be nervous, everything will be just find

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                              Interesting thoughts about new background...I still miss my blue though!

and Jann is all packed(well mostly) and nervouuuuus!!!!
                              *hugs Jann* Breathe in... Breathe out...

sigpic

Comment

No repacking Jumbly Too lazy for that!
                                and I am still breathing Nad

Ok gotta go for now...try to catch an hour of sleep and then on to the airport! (have to be there at 4 am)

Wuv ya all

((((Woohoos)))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X