The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
    How absolutely exciting! And I agree with Regularamanda. Spoilers aren't needed for that kind of good news. Who knows? You could be the publishing world's next new big author and we can all sit back and say we knew her when.......
    LOL! Well, we'll see.

RA, I guess you could say...it's mostly a romantic thriller...light on the romance, heavy on the thrill. Basically, I wrote what I dream almost every night.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      And then maybe it'll get JM's attention (he does have that book club thinger ) and then LJ can get us to all meet Martin and the other powers that be!
      I wood love it if JM read it and reviewed it on his blog! *dreamz big* I don't know if I'd be able to swing a meet and greet with OBPTB, but I could give it a try...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
        LOL! Well, we'll see.

RA, I guess you could say...it's mostly a romantic thriller...light on the romance, heavy on the thrill. Basically, I wrote what I dream almost every night.
        I want to read it too!!! pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? *bats eyelashes* See by my reading it you could get an opinion from a younger person...

I wood love it if JM read it and reviewed it on his blog! *dreamz big* I don't know if I'd be able to swing a meet and greet with OBPTB, but I could give it a try...
        I think you'd probably pass out if he did

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Wow, sounds very exciting LJ! Huge congrats on finishing ! Wood love to read it, even an excerpt? No?

Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait 'til it's out in stores! Although now I come to think of it the author won't be "Luvnjack" so it may be a little difficult to find

Comment

I'd definitely stand in that growing line of folks who eagerly want to read it...before or after it's published. And great idea Sarai. Can we get an excerpt? A teaser?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
              Wow, sounds very exciting LJ! Huge congrats on finishing ! Wood love to read it, even an excerpt? No?

Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait 'til it's out in stores! Although now I come to think of it the author won't be "Luvnjack" so it may be a little difficult to find
              LOL! If it ever gets published, I'll run around GW speading my writing name everywhere, trust me! I really don't feel comfortable letting more than a few trusted people read it right now. The internet is not a secure place, and the world being what it is... (Plus, it's scary to let anyone read something I've written! Makes me insecure.)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                I'd definitely stand in that growing line of folks who eagerly want to read it...before or after it's published. And great idea Sarai. Can we get an excerpt? A teaser?
                I could get a teaser up for you, on my LJ account. First chapter, probably.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL! If it ever gets published, I'll run around GW speading my writing name everywhere, trust me! I really don't feel comfortable letting more than a few trusted people read it right now. The internet is not a secure place, and the world being what it is... (Plus, it's scary to let anyone read something I've written! Makes me insecure.)

An excerpt then?

Edit- Woohoo! Any chance on when you'll get around to putting the excerpt on your LJ?

Comment

I totally understand , hence not pushing you to tell us any more! Any time you feel comfortable sharing is good for us . The world is indeed a scary place.

But apparently not as scary as Live Journal. I'm clicking on links and wandering around cyberspace in a confused daze .

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                      I totally understand , hence not pushing you to tell us any more! Any time you feel comfortable sharing is good for us . The world is indeed a scary place.

But apparently not as scary as Live Journal. I'm clicking on links and wandering around cyberspace in a confused daze .
                      Some days I wish I was born in a different era, half the stuff that happens now in the world never happened 50 or 100 years ago It's odd you know how we have all these advances in medicine and technology than we did back in the day but now there's more diseases and such...even with the internet in makes the world a whole lot smaller but it opens up a whole lot of risks...okay enough of me rambling

Comment

I could get a teaser up for you, on my LJ account. First chapter, probably.
                        It's probably not a good idea. There are rules about what can be published, and it's possible you wouldn't be able to publish it with a publishing house if part of it's online. I suggest e-mailing it to anyone you'd like to see it.

I think it's very cool that you've written a novel. I'd like to be able to say the same some day.
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          It's probably not a good idea. There are rules about what can be published, and it's possible you wouldn't be able to publish it with a publishing house if part of it's online. I suggest e-mailing it to anyone you'd like to see it.

I think it's very cool that you've written a novel. I'd like to be able to say the same some day.
                          Ah, thanks for the tip, scifithinker!
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks for the tip, scifithinker!
                            After all the effort you put into writing your novel, it would be a real shame for it not to get published on a technicality.

Congratulations on writing it. I am thoroughly impressed.
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I hope it gets published soon LJ I'm excited to read it someday

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                                After all the effort you put into writing your novel, it would be a real shame for it not to get published on a technicality.

Congratulations on writing it. I am thoroughly impressed.
                                Thanks again. It's been kicking around in my head for many years. It's nice to finally have it on paper. The key for me was having my friend Susannah reading it and nagging me for pages. Hope you get yours on paper sometime soon!

(Joe's been wondering where I've been)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X