No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Achaja, liquorice tastes of aniseed, bleurgh I don't like it It's one of those things, like Marmite and bananas and peanut butter, that you tend to either love or hate. I actually hate all of those
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hmm if my dictionary is correct I didn't ever taste it. Or maybe it is sold with jellies, these black jellies?
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Oh you're so dirty. All of you.

Love the artwork! I keep forgetting about those challenges
        It wood have been an awesome opportunity for a Coopie/Martin sig (not the shippy kind )
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Achaja, liquorice tastes of aniseed, bleurgh I don't like it It's one of those things, like Marmite and bananas and peanut butter, that you tend to either love or hate. I actually hate all of those
          We're total opposites then, because I love all of those

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
          Hmm if my dictionary is correct I didn't ever taste it. Or maybe it is sold with jellies, these black jellies?
          It's more anise flavoured than aniseed, a small difference but definitely relevant

Take a look

According to Google, liquorice is the National sweet of the Netherlands, and any Dutch person who doesn't like it stands a good chance of being deported!

*looks around for Nad and Jann*

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
            Sorry Josiane. I love anise flavoring. And our black licorice doesn't taste like anise at all. I also love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Guess you won't be eating at my house anytime soon.

Edit: runs off to go read Jumbles link.
            sigpic

Comment

Ahaaaam. So it's this black jelly I always puts back from my jellies bag
              I didn't see it that big as Martin have

Ufff that I'm not threaten with deportation
              sigpic
              sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Estrela View Post
                Sorry Josiane. I love anise flavoring. And our black licorice doesn't taste like anise at all. I also love peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Guess you won't be eating at my house anytime soon.

Edit: runs off to go read Jumbles link.
                Can I come to your house?

I also love cheese and marmite sandwiches, peanut butter and chocolate spread, banana and marmalade.......... oh dear, WFPOTD anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Liquorice! Also one of Martin's favourites

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...g/PoACigar.jpg
                  "Liquorice, it's all I need to function!"

Yeah, they mostly got me anyway

I hate whipped cream

But..... I'm prepared to be swayed
                  Oops. Buttercreme? Or the "frosting" of your choice.

And Martin's moving up another notch if he's a licorice kid.

Time to check out the Netherlands for my next vacation. Of course that will have to be after I win the lottery.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                    Ahaaaam. So it's this black jelly I always puts back from my jellies bag
                    I didn't see it that big as Martin have

Ufff that I'm not threaten with deportation
                    Er........

Comment

Oops. Buttercreme? Or the "frosting" of your choice.

And Martin's moving up another notch if he's a licorice kid.

Time to check out the Netherlands for my next vacation. Of course that will have to be after I win the lottery.
                      Ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaah!

I'm hoping to get to Amsterdam maybe later this year..... I wonder how much liquorice you can get in a small suitcase?

Comment

Can I come to your house?

I also love cheese and marmite sandwiches, peanut butter and chocolate spread, banana and marmalade.......... oh dear, WFPOTD anyone?
                        Of course!
                        I've never tried marmite but I wouldn't say no if someone offered it to me.

Are you familiar with Nutella? Try that with bananas. *sigh*

"WFPOTD" ??
                        sigpic

Comment

We're total opposites then, because I love all of those

It's more anise flavoured than aniseed, a small difference but definitely relevant

Take a look

According to Google, liquorice is the National sweet of the Netherlands, and any Dutch person who doesn't like it stands a good chance of being deported!

*looks around for Nad and Jann*
                          *nods*
                          Yes, we really do hold our ''drop'' high. Sweet or Salty. Honey flavoured or more anise-ey. Minty, mixed with jelly candy... We build our nation on the piece of candy!

In fact, experts say that Dutch drop is superiour to the stuff 'out there' and giggle when people mention the liquorice from abroad.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaah!

I'm hoping to get to Amsterdam maybe later this year..... I wonder how much liquorice you can get in a small suitcase?
                            Quite a lot.
                            ...Trust me

sigpic

Comment

Of course!
                              I've never tried marmite but I wouldn't say no if someone offered it to me.

Are you familiar with Nutella? Try that with bananas. *sigh*

"WFPOTD" ??
                              Nutella is my preferred chocolate spread

"Weird Food Purchase of The Day" as in Joe Mallozzi's blog

Comment

Er........
                                Oh YOU!!!!

sigpic
                                sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Working...
                                X