Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Jeez Josiane, is there anywhere you're not going this summer? *iz jealous*

Hopefully 3 hours will be long enough to get Jann to her outbound terminal and still leave a little time for a meet. Even if it's just a 'hello hug' and a 'goodbye', it wood be worth it It's less than an hour's drive for me
    Sorry... Chicago is for work though, I'm going to the American Library Association Conference there (Don't laugh... ) for 6 days. Upside - work is paying for my flight & hotel and it's in Chicago. Downside - it's right after I get back from Australia Literally, I get 48 hours back in the UK The jet-lag's gonna kill me

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
    *wishes someone was going to be near enough for a visit* Anyone feel like visiting Montana? Anyone? Drat...knew no one wood...
    Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    Anyone want to visit Pennsylvania? Anyone at all?
    I wood love to... but I'm out of leave for this year I love visiting the States though, so maybe one day

Jann that gives you a 4 hour layover on the 26th. I'm sure we could arrange a meeting then And you wood be able to 'babble' all about your trip, it wood be Awesome!!

Apparently so, as long as you give 'parental permission'
    If you arrange something for the 26th I might be able to come too Heathrow's only about an hour away from me. You would need to come through customs though and then back through security, but 4 hours might give you enough time. See what you think anyway
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      Sorry... Chicago is for work though, I'm going to the American Library Association Conference there (Don't laugh... ) for 6 days. Upside - work is paying for my flight & hotel and it's in Chicago. Downside - it's right after I get back from Australia Literally, I get 48 hours back in the UK The jet-lag's gonna kill me
      Pfft! No good looking for sympathy here You'll just have to sleep on the plane

I wood love to... but I'm out of leave for this year I love visiting the States though, so maybe one day

If you arrange something for the 26th I might be able to come too Heathrow's only about an hour away from me. You would need to come through customs though and then back through security, but 4 hours might give you enough time. See what you think anyway
      That wood be brilliant!

She's staying in the same terminal, so time shouldn't be a problem

Now I wish I'd booked my flight for the 26th But it's ok, I can cope with two trips to Heathrow in two days

And then we've got our shipmeet two weeks later *happy dance*

Who says this 'internet' life isn't real?

Comment

Nice! I almost never go on vacation : p I've been to DC twice (2 weeks ago and then 5 years ago) and I went on this one trip to look at colleges and we hit Minnesota and Wisconsin : ) (that was three years ago) and then I went to Florida in 1998

Ick! 3/4 weeks left? Our colleges got out the last week of May around here

Hmmm Tennessee...there's North Carolina and South Carolina and Kentucky and West Virginia...: p Not much to do in those states!
        *hugs* I'm a vacation addict(in the summer) I love going away! So far I've been in Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany *walks out of house to end of street walks back...and I've just been in germany again*, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Greece and Jordan but I wanna go all over the world...now I'm being a bit too much in Europe!

yep...we don't have a long summer like the foreign uni's do...we have more vacation during the schoolyear which means a shorter summer holiday.

Drat..perhaps another kind of uni is still possible but we'll see when the time comes!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        Well, Jann, we get to visit for free, so sure!
        Although there are some test coming up, but who needs studying anyway? : P
        Yep...and then you can show me Amsterdam! I've only been in the centre so far...shopping And we can meet up after tests...I totally forgot about them

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        :lol : Sorry... :rolleyes : Chicago is for work though, I'm going to the American Library Association Conference there (Don't laugh... : p) for 6 days. Upside - work is paying for my flight & hotel and it's in Chicago. Downside - it's right after I get back from Australia Literally, I get 48 hours back in the UK The jet-lag's gonna kill me :rolleyes :
        *cough*insane*cough*...and I was always thinking that being a librarian would be boring...I couldn't be more wrong!

Sweeeeeeeet! I'll let y'all know when I'm in the USA okay...since then I know how nervous I am when going through the whole customs thing etc.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *hugs* I'm a vacation addict(in the summer) I love going away! So far I've been in Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany *walks out of house to end of street walks back...and I've just been in germany again*, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Greece and Jordan but I wanna go all over the world...now I'm being a bit too much in Europe!

yep...we don't have a long summer like the foreign uni's do...we have more vacation during the schoolyear which means a shorter summer holiday.

Drat..perhaps another kind of uni is still possible but we'll see when the time comes!

<snipped for length>
          My Dad was in the Army so we were stationed in Germany...but I was all of 2 And I will never ever fly...ever...flying scares the heck out of me

You know I remember hearing about that, that you guys over in Europe have more vacations during the school year...I can't remember where thought darn it

I would love to go over to Europe to a college Maybe I can take a boat

Hey Jann I just realized that you're only going to be 5 hours away from me when you're over here for vacation!! Cool!!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Amanda don't be scared of flying. I've never been a traveller (apart from one *cough*weekend*cough* in The Hague when I was 22 ), but I did my first flight when I was 50 and believe me it's nowhere near as scary once you've done it The bit I hate is getting to the airport and putting myself in the right place in time for the right flight But really, everyone is soooo helpful, it's hard to make a mistake. Flying itself is a doddle

I'm absolutely determined to travel more, particularly now that I'm cutting down on my work commitments. I really want to go to the US and Canada if I can (Michael has promised me that trip ) as well as Europe at some point. Tbh, I haven't seen that much of my own country, so I'm hoping to do a nice long drive around when I get the time.

Ok, Jumble's had some wine....... Jumble is very tired due to this 'awful' hot weather

Jumble is going to bed

Woodnight ((((WooHoos)))))

*huggles Martin*

Comment

Woodnight, jumble!
              sigpic

Comment

Amanda don't be scared of flying. I've never been a traveller (apart from one *cough*weekend*cough* in The Hague when I was 22 ), but I did my first flight when I was 50 and believe me it's nowhere near as scary once you've done it The bit I hate is getting to the airport and putting myself in the right place in time for the right flight But really, everyone is soooo helpful, it's hard to make a mistake. Flying itself is a doddle

I'm absolutely determined to travel more, particularly now that I'm cutting down on my work commitments. I really want to go to the US and Canada if I can (Michael has promised me that trip ) as well as Europe at some point. Tbh, I haven't seen that much of my own country, so I'm hoping to do a nice long drive around when I get the time.

Ok, Jumble's had some wine....... Jumble is very tired due to this 'awful' hot weather

Jumble is going to bed

*huggles Martin*

Flying OT-
                Spoiler:
                My fear of flying is a border-line phobia It freaks me out, heck even seeing a low flying air plane freaks me out (DC has two air ports right near the city so when we went to DC I was a bit freaked out when the planes were coming in) I'm a worrier I worry about everything, and being 2 hours away from New York City really doesn't help my fear of planes (I was in 5th grde when 9/11 happened but let's just say I've never looked at a plane the same way again ) And it really stinks because one day I'd love to go to Europe

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

She's staying in the same terminal, so time shouldn't be a problem : )

Now I wish I'd booked my flight for the 26th : rolleyes: But it's ok, I can cope with two trips to Heathrow in two days ; )

And then we've got our shipmeet two weeks later *happy dance*

Who says this 'internet' life isn't real?
                  Lol...I wish I wood have known earlier and just stayed for the whole day in there

I don't know why you two are so nutty enough that you want to meet little me and drive 1 hour for that! (I'm Dutch an hour is a lot)

It's real. It certainly is.

My Dad was in the Army so we were stationed in Germany...but I was all of 2 And I will never ever fly...ever...flying scares the heck out of me : o

You know I remember hearing about that, that you guys over in Europe have more vacations during the school year...I can't remember where thought darn it

I would love to go over to Europe to a college : p Maybe I can take a boat

Hey Jann I just realized that you're only going to be 5 hours away from me when you're over here for vacation!! Cool!!
                  That's cool. germany is cool... in school they call me the german coz I live so close to it

Yup it's true and I love it. I couldn't handle a long time school without my occassional breaks...I need 'em.

A boat lol...flying isn't that scary. Driving is more dangerous than flying. The only thing I have to think about is my pills...coz I get sick

Jumble is going to bed

*huggles Martin*
                  Woodnight Jumble! and vacations/touring the world is fun, certainly now it's possible these days.

I also agree with you that it's hot today... laptop agrees as well but I love it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Woodnight WooHoos!
                    sigpic
                    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

From Joe's blog:
                      Well, the month of May has come to an end and, thankfully, my dogs’ twitter account (http://twitter.com/JellMaxBubLu) did not achieve its targeted 1000 followers, thus sparing us all a spoiler pic of the first page of the Stargate: Extinction script (my contact on the inside tells me that was their diabolical plan). Unfortunately, they have managed to sneak out a few little spoilers buried within the texts of their existing twitters (http://twitter.com/JellMaxBubLu) but, thankfully, they’ve gone unnoticed. Still, the fight to deny my dogs their 1000 followers continues (here: http://twitter.com/JellMaxBubLu). Please, do your part to avoid the risk of further Stargate Atlantis movie and Stargate Universe spoilers getting out by NOT sign up to follow my dogs on twitter (http://twitter.com/JellMaxBubLu)!
                      Am I a bad fan for not signing up? The spoilers no one has caught yet make my mouth water (even though I'm looking forward to SG:Movie 3 more than Atlantis: Extinction--does THAT make me a bad fan?? )

Oh, the indecision!
                      sigpic

Comment

Flying OT-
                        Spoiler:
                        My fear of flying is a border-line phobia It freaks me out, heck even seeing a low flying air plane freaks me out (DC has two air ports right near the city so when we went to DC I was a bit freaked out when the planes were coming in) I'm a worrier I worry about everything, and being 2 hours away from New York City really doesn't help my fear of planes (I was in 5th grde when 9/11 happened but let's just say I've never looked at a plane the same way again ) And it really stinks because one day I'd love to go to Europe
                        Ah, well that's understandable then.

But like Jann says, flying is actually safer than driving. It's just that plane crashes tend to get more publicity because they are rare by comparison to the thousands of car crashes that happen every day

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        From Joe's blog:

Am I a bad fan for not signing up? The spoilers no one has caught yet make my mouth water (even though I'm looking forward to SG:Movie 3 more than Atlantis: Extinction--does THAT make me a bad fan?? )

Oh, the indecision!
                        You're not a bad fan! I signed up, but tbh I find Twitter difficult to follow so I don't bother with it much I have friends that are on there constantly, but I just don't get it

I'm looking forward to both movies, having enjoyed SG-1 and SGA equally

Jann an hour's drive is nothing, and why woodn't we want to meet you? Sarai and Oma have a lot further to travel for our shipmeet And you're going all the way to the US to see B

Comment

Jann an hour's drive is nothing, and why woodn't we want to meet you? Sarai and Oma have a lot further to travel for our shipmeet And you're going all the way to the US to see B
                          For me an hour is long, but if it's not for you...then come. They do?!? How long do they have to travel? I already find an hour a lot... Weird how e all think differently.

Yup I am...so...there goes my argument about long travels
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            For me an hour is long, but if it's not for you...then come. They do?!? How long do they have to travel? I already find an hour a lot... Weird how e all think differently.

Yup I am...so...there goes my argument about long travels
                            I think Oma's journey to last year's shipmeet was about 5 hours, and probably the same for Sarai. Mine was much shorter, about 2 hours (wood have been less but for the snow and the traffic )

Comment

I think Oma's journey to last year's shipmeet was about 5 hours, and probably the same for Sarai. Mine was much shorter, about 2 hours (wood have been less but for the snow and the traffic )
                              Wow....that's a lot!!! In here the relative distances are a bit different.

I know that Lies(Samjackshiplover) lives something like 30 min away from me... and to Nad it's probably around 2 hours...(A bit more)
                              sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in*

*sneaks out*
                                sigpic
                                sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Working...
                                X