No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      I luuuuurv it! He was having way too much fun with those fake story ideas.
      Fake? Really? Darn! I was looking forward to seeing the updated version of the retired General working the rodeo circuit

Jack wood look terrific in the cowboy outfit........ and think of all the fun I could have with the clips of him falling off his horse and biting the dust

Edit: Nad

I dare you to post the 'Hands off' one on the S/J thread

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        I'm seriously considering unsubscribing, because I find it hard to keep my fingers off the keyboard at times

*resists the urge to rant*

If any of them lurk there, I hope they also come here to get the balanced view

LJ what did you think of the clip?
        Hm, I'm ok with the discussion, eventhough my personal views differ.
        I don't always agree with what they have done Ship wise, but I always keep in mind that SG is theirs and not ours.

<snipped the smilies>

Aww! Cuteness
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Edit: Nad

I dare you to post the 'Hands off' one on the S/J thread
          ...And start a PTB Shippy War?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Hm, I'm ok with the discussion, eventhough my personal views differ.
            I don't always agree with what they have done Ship wise, but I always keep in mind that SG is theirs and not ours.

Aww! Cuteness
            Tbh, I'm not ok with it. You can say I'm biased, but it seems to me that whenever there's any mention of TPTB everyone jumps on them and blames them for everything they don't like, and then cast doubt on whether 'they' will give 'us' what we want, and that 'they' could have done it before if they'd wanted to And you're right, SG is theirs. We were just very lucky that they were able to share it with us.

There are sooooo many reasons why the ship had to go the way it did, not least the fact that TPTB have tried all along to respect the AF regs, and also that when there came a point where Jack and Sam could have got together, RDA was not available enough for the story to be told in what I personally consider wood have been the right way in order to do it justice.

And to be totally cynical, you don't take advice from the AF for ten years, accept their generosity in providing AWESOME props (aircraft, etc) and then suddenly decide that because it's 'fiction' it's ok to ignore the regs

*cough* /rant

Comment

PTB bashing over at the S/J thread?

I'll tell you what I was reading on Pol's site there's snippets of the companion book for S4 and Martin Wood said some very shippy things!!! Maybe one day I'll make a Martin sig

*huggles PTB and woohoos*

Edit- Jumble what you just said in the post above I'm agreeing with you 100%! Thankfully though now the regs are out of the way I have completely faith in TPTB for the 3rd movie! They've wanted to confirm in the past...I'm confident they'll do it this time as well!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Tbh, I'm not ok with it. You can say I'm biased, but it seems to me that whenever there's any mention of TPTB everyone jumps on them and blames them for everything they don't like, and then cast doubt on whether 'they' will give 'us' what we want, and that 'they' could have done it before if they'd wanted to And you're right, SG is theirs. We were just very lucky that they were able to share it with us.

There are sooooo many reasons why the ship had to go the way it did, not least the fact that TPTB have tried all along to respect the AF regs, and also that when there came a point where Jack and Sam could have got together, RDA was not available enough for the story to be told in what I personally consider wood have been the right way in order to do it justice.

And to be totally cynical, you don't take advice from the AF for ten years, accept their generosity in providing AWESOME props (aircraft, etc) and then suddenly decide that because it's 'fiction' it's ok to ignore the regs

*cough* /rant
                Honestly, as I said on the Ship thread, I stopped caring about the regs for S/J when Vala happened. I like the character, but she defined every sense of logic concerning rules and regs. I used to be in favour of the link to reality, but I don't think it's fair to use the ''sci-fi'' card on one hand and the ''rules and regs'' card on the other.

But.
                Do I personally blame TPTB for it? No. If they think it'll improve the story, then I'm with them. It's their call.
                Do I like every decision made? Not quite. But it does give us something to rant about I still think TPTB aren't stupid, ignorant and bored little boys who like to mess with our heads. They know what's going on in fandom. They made SG a succes. They deserve the credit.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  PTB bashing over at the S/J thread?

I'll tell you what I was reading on Pol's site there's snippets of the companion book for S4 and Martin Wood said some very shippy things!!! Maybe one day I'll make a Martin sig

*huggles PTB and woohoos*

Yeah. I have that book. There's a picture

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, as I said on the Ship thread, I stopped caring about the regs for S/J when Vala happened. I like the character, but she defined every sense of logic concerning rules and regs. I used to be in favour of the link to reality, but I don't think it's fair to use the ''sci-fi'' card on one hand and the ''rules and regs'' card on the other.
                    See, I don't get why that is said about Vala. She held exactly the same position as Teal'c, in that she was an alien accepted into the team but not actually a member of the military (neither was Daniel). So that gave them a lot of leeway when it came to applying the regs to their characters. IMO

But.
                    Do I personally blame TPTB for it? No. If they think it'll improve the story, then I'm with them. It's their call.
                    Do I like every decision made? Not quite. But it does give us something to rant about I still think TPTB aren't stupid, ignorant and bored little boys who like to mess with our heads. They know what's going on in fandom. They made SG a success. They deserve the credit.
                    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not painting them as saints. Mistakes were made, yes, but I believe that they probably felt the 'ouch' as much as we did. I just find it really hard to see them being dissed by people who, several years after SG (effectively) ended, are still hooked on the show and constantly rewatching and discussing it. I mean, jeez, what do they want from these people? They've done an incredible job with SG! What other show ran for so long? What other show has a whole fandom site dedicated to it where thousands of people visit and post every day?

I was wrong. They deserve sainthoods

Comment

See, I don't get why that is said about Vala. She held exactly the same position as Teal'c, in that she was an alien accepted into the team but not actually a member of the military (neither was Daniel). So that gave them a lot of leeway when it came to applying the regs to their characters. IMO
                      To me, personally, it was more the way she behaved. Teal'c proofed himself to be loyal, as you will, to the team. Vala was a con who dressed in as little as possible and behaved in a way that did not fit the way of said millitary. I get what kind of character she is, and I think it's mostly funny, but for her to be allowed on the flagship team like that... Meh. It doesn't seem to me that the real AF would do that. It's about honour

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not painting them as saints. Mistakes were made, yes, but I believe that they probably felt the 'ouch' as much as we did. I just find it really hard to see them being dissed by people who, several years after SG (effectively) ended, are still hooked on the show and constantly rewatching and discussing it. I mean, jeez, what do they want from these people? They've done an incredible job with SG! What other show ran for so long? What other show has a whole fandom site dedicated to it where thousands of people visit and post every day?

I was wrong. They deserve sainthoods
                      I agree on that. It's disrespectful. But I think it's easier to blame the ''invisible ones'', then say, an actor. If people blame AT for being un shippy, they get jumped on,because she's awesome. if people blame TPTB it's OK, for they're the ones in charge and not as openly awesome.

Yes. I vote for Sainthood!

sigpic

Comment

*Happy Dances Naked for good measure*

sigpic

Comment

St. Joseph, St. Martin, St. Coopie??? Sounds like a plan to me!

Jumble, I wish you woodn't give Joe so much wine when he visits!
                          sigpic

Comment

St. Coopie...

Now, with a name like that you always draw the short straw, don't you?

EDIT: WoodNight!

sigpic

Comment

St. Coopie...

Now, with a name like that you always draw the short straw, don't you?
                              St. Robert, then?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                St. Robert, then?
                                ...Nah, I actually like St. Coopie.
                                St. Coopie of the Cuisine.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X