The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Yes, that had me giggling this morning Joe really seems to be on a happy high atm *hugs him* Nice to know that things are going really well for him

That's what I thought I was looking for, but it's nice to have another opinion

Oh yes, this one will definitely not be available to the boys

What's 'face recognition'? Will it refuse to work for me if I've had a late night and look like c**p???
    The face recognition is kinda like a digital password, instead of typing up a word to gain access it just takes a picture of you and compares it to a picture already stored. I'm not sure how sensitive the recognition software is, but it should compare the features in your face (relative position, size, and/or shape of the eyes, nose, cheekbones, and jaw). So unless you completely re-arrange your face one bad night shouldn't be a problem.

The good thing is, it takes a picture of everyone trying to enter your files so they can't deny it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Quad Core in a laptop will be super fast Jumble . To give you an indication when I'm running Premiere, PS and After Effects at the same time my processor performance whacks up to around 40%. Most of the time its around 5 or 6%. Combined with the fact that my processor overclocks very well, its just a dream to run .

But anyway, you'll have no problem running several heavy duty programs on your new laptop at the same time. Like Jann said as well, if its really PS that you're interested in then getting one with a super-hot graphics card isn't really necessary. I'd focus much more on the processor speed and the memory.

Hope that helps
      Oooh you overclocked it! Cool, I did that at the time with my desktop pc as well...but I had to look out that I didn't went too far with it. My brother has went to the maximum with overclocking...almost double of the capacity his system normally has, but then again, his whole "game pc" is watercooled...it's insane...but oh so cool!

And yes processor speed is really important! When I was looking for the laptop last year I focussed on processor speed and graphic card(coz I am a addict when it comes to good graphics )

Hmmm. The link doesn't work

Wonder if this will
      Spoiler:
      Technology type : Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T9550, Intel® PM45 Express chipset and Intel® WiFi Link 5100
      clock speed : 2.66 GHz
      front side bus : 1066 MHz
      2nd level cache : 6 MB

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32-bit Edition (pre-installed, Toshiba-HDD recovery)

System memory standard : 4,096 (2,048 + 2,048) MB
      maximum expandability : 8,192 MB
      technology : DDR2 RAM (800 MHz)

Hard disk capacity : 800 (400 + 400) GB
      certification : S.M.A.R.T.
      drive rotation : 5,400 rpm

DVD Super Multi drive (Double Layer) compatibility : CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R(DL), DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R(DL), DVD+RW, DVD-RAM
      maximum speed : Read: 24x CD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM/ Write: 24x CD-R, 4x CD-RW, 10x HS CD-RW, 24x US CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 6x DVD-R (Double Layer), 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD+R, 6x DVD+R (Double Layer), 8x DVD+RW, 5x DVD-RAM
      type : DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) drive

Display size : 18.4 "
      type : Toshiba TruBrite® Full HD TFT High Brightness display
      internal resolution : 1,920 x 1,080

Graphics adapter manufacturer : NVIDIA®
      type : NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT supporting TurboCache™ technology
      memory : 512 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 1,791 MB total available graphics memory using TurboCache™ technology with 3 GB system memory)
      memory type : GDDR2 (400 MHz) Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
      connected bus : 16x PCI Express

Max External Video Modes Max Resolution : 2,048 x 1,536
      Max Refresh Rate : 100 Hz
      Non-interlaced resolution with max refresh rate : 1,920 x 1,200

TV tuner manufacturer : Toshiba
      type : hybrid digital (DVB-T) and analog TV tuner

Interfaces 1 x DC-in
      1 x RJ-11
      1 x RJ-45
      1 x i.LINK® (IEEE 1394)
      1 x external microphone
      1 x RGB
      1 x headphone (stereo)
      1 x TV-antenna
      1 x line-in shared with microphone socket
      1 x S/PDIF-out (optical) shared with headphone socket
      1 x integrated 1.3 Megapixels Web Camera with built-in microphone
      1 x HDMI-CEC (REGZA-Link) supporting 1080p signal format
      1 (shared with one USB port) x eSATA
      1 x line-out shared with headphone socket
      1 x 5-in-1 Bridge Media slot (supports SD™ Cards up to 16 GB, Memory Stick® up to 256 MB, Memory Stick Pro™ up to 4 GB, MultiMedia Card™ up to 2 GB and xD-Picture Card™ up to 2 GB)
      2 x IR Blaster-out
      4 (Left 1, Right 2, Rear 1) x USB 2.0 (supporting USB Sleep-and-Charge)

Expansion 2 x memory slots (1 to configure)
      1 x ExpressCard slot

Wireless communication Wireless Technology : Bluetooth®
      Compliancy : Wi-Fi™
      Network Support : 802.11a/g/Draft-N
      Wireless Technology : Wireless LAN (802.11a/g/Draft-N)

Media Processor processor type : Toshiba Quad Core HD Processor supporting four 128bit SIMD RISC processors (1.5 GHz each) integrating high-definition H.264 and MPEG2 encoders/decoders, and featuring Upconvert, Transcoding, Face Navigation and Gesture Control functionality

Wired communication topology : international V.90 modem (V.92 ready)
      speed : 56 Kbps data and 14.4 Kbps fax
      topology : Gigabit Ethernet LAN
      speed : 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T

Sound system supported audio format : 24-bit stereo
      speakers : built-in Harman Kardon® stereo speaker system with 2 x bass reflex speakers and 1 x subwoofer
      manufacturer : Toshiba Bass Enhanced Sound System with Dolby® Sound Room™

Keyboard keys : 105
      Windows keys : Yes
      special features : Standard numeric keypad

Pointing device type : Touch Pad

Battery technology : lithium-ion
      maximum life : up to 3h15min (Mobile Mark™ 2007)

AC adaptor input voltage : autosensing AC adapter (100/240 V) for worldwide usage

Physical dimensions W x D x H : 452.3 x 311.0 x 38.2 (front) / 48.3 (rear) mm
      weight : starting at 4.4 kg

Warranty 1-year international warranty. Upgrade your standard warranty with Toshiba warranty extension, uplift and all-risks insurance packs.

Bundled hardware AC Power Cable
      AC adaptor
      Remote Control for Windows Vista®
      IR Transmitter cable

Bundled software Toshiba Disc Creator
      Toshiba User's Manual
      Supervisor Password Utility
      Chicony Camera Assistant Software
      Toshiba DVD Player
      Ulead® DVD MovieFactory® for TOSHIBA
      Toshiba Face Recognition
      McAfee® Internet Security Suite - Toshiba Edition (includes free Internet updates for 30 days)
      Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator
      Dolby® Control Center
      HDMI Control Manager
      Microsoft® Works, Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 (free 60-day trial)
      Toshiba Value Added Package (Toshiba Power Saver, Toshiba Zooming Utility, Toshiba PC Diagnostic Tool, Toshiba Flash Cards, Toshiba Components Common Driver, Toshiba Accessibility, Toshiba Button Support)
      Google Software (Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Google Desktop, Picasa)
      Toshiba Gesture Control
      Toshiba Bluetooth™ Monitor
      Toshiba Bluetooth™ Stack
      Connectivity Doctor
      ConfigFree™
      Toshiba utilities and drivers
      Toshiba Assist

Toshiba EasyMedia 'Full HD'-Screen (1080p)
      S/PDIF
      Harman Kardon® Stereo Speakers
      Dolby® Sound Room™
      Dual HDD
      Toshiba ConfigFree™
      Integrated Bridge Media Adapter
      Diversity Antenna
      Built-in camera & microphone
      Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/ Draft-N)
      Fingerprint Reader-Single Sign On
      Remote Control
      Easy Keys
      Toshiba Flash Cards
      Smart Display Support
      Toshiba Face Recognition
      McAfee® Internet Security Suite - Toshiba Edition
      Bluetooth® 2.1 with EDR
      HDMI-CEC (REGZA-Link)
      USB & USB/eSATA Sleep-and-Charge
      Google Software (Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Google Desktop, Picasa)
      Toshiba TEMPRO Performance Tuning Service
      Toshiba Quad Core HD Processor featuring Upconvert, Transcoding, Face Navigation and Gesture Control functionality
      Digital /anlog TV-Tuner

Security features main hard disk (by screw)
      main battery pack (by sliding latch)
      system password security
      user password
      slot for Kensington Cable Lock
      supervisor password
      keyboard lock
      main memory (by screw)
      HDD password on request

Special features integrated 1.3 Megapixels Web Camera for Video over IP
      Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
      integrated microphone for Voice over IP
      SM BIOS compliant
      Multimedia Bar with 9 feather-touch Easy Keys (CD/DVD launcher, Play/Pause, Stop, Rewind, Forward, Mute, on/off function of white LEDs, Camera, Dolby)

Certification This product is in compliance with the requirements of the applicable European Directives for CE marking.

Fingerprint reader. Whatever next?
      All sounds good! a lot like mine laptop actually; which is of course awesome

Fingerprint reader...sooo funny thingie...If I want I can even activate it that the system needs my fingerprint to open internet...or a folder

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      *skips past technobabble with fingers in ears*

From Joe's blog:

This may be as close as we get to having the Hippy Van on Joe's blog.
      We're sooo close I am curious though how it all is going to look!(SGU)

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
      The fingerprint reader is a great tool to keep others from poking around your stuff when you're not looking.
      Yeah...till they threaten to cut your finger off Bro's don't like it that they don't know password of my computer!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
        Yeah...till they threaten to cut your finger off Bro's don't like it that they don't know password of my computer!
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. The link doesn't work

Wonder if this will

<snip>
          All looks good to me Jumble. Tbh I'm a little jealous ! My only advice wood be to make sure there's the capacity for upgrading, but you seem to know all about that already!

Jann your bro's computer is watercooled? That's crazy, but very very cool! Yeah I got my processor overclocking to cope with the extra amount of editing and animation I've been working on the past couple of months. Gonna take it down now, no sense in running out the processor when its not necessary, besides my cooling system isn't near enough advanced to cope with an extended period of overclocking.

*whistles*

Anyhoo...back to you know...

Today we shall be mostly thunking...

But including a good healthy dose of...

Spoiler:

and of course...

hummana hummana hummana...

Comment

*runz in* DAMIAN!!
            *snurches...thunks*
            sigpic

Comment

The face recognition is kinda like a digital password, instead of typing up a word to gain access it just takes a picture of you and compares it to a picture already stored. I'm not sure how sensitive the recognition software is, but it should compare the features in your face (relative position, size, and/or shape of the eyes, nose, cheekbones, and jaw). So unless you completely re-arrange your face one bad night shouldn't be a problem.
              That's a relief I mean, it never gets that bad

The good thing is, it takes a picture of everyone trying to enter your files so they can't deny it.

Seriously though, if you damage your finger or lose it does that mean you can never get back into your laptop?

Comment

Thanks Sarai, I really appreciate the input

Er, who is that first pic?

Comment

That's a relief I mean, it never gets that bad
                  That's good

Seriously though, if you damage your finger or lose it does that mean you can never get back into your laptop?
                  You have a back up password that you can type in.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wondered if that was the case

So if you can get in with a password, what's the point of the Fingerprint Reader?

Comment

I wondered if that was the case

So if you can get in with a password, what's the point of the Fingerprint Reader?
                      It's faster and requires less brain power?
                      sigpic

Comment

It's faster and requires less brain power?
                        You're assuming I can remember which finger to use.........

Comment

sigpic

Comment

jumble, I believe the first pic is Ewan MacGregor (no idea how to spell it).
                            sigpic

Comment

((((WooHoos))))
                              Thanks for all the nice comments about the latest sig
                              And as for the art thread, that still intimidates me. If I look at all your work, I just feel inedequate (sp?)

I am sooo tired. Nice combination of hey fever, uni work (altough not as much as you, Sarai, that just balances insanity ) and general ugh.
                              Seeing all the pics and Joe's wonderful Joe comment made me happy, though.

BTW, a little Hippy OT:

Spoiler:
                              Had my little Hippy presentation today and all comments were positive. My tutor found the subject refreshing and original. Passed it, made people laugh. It was fun I had a moment when discribing the hippy group identity, in which I was talking about their style of clothes. I described the colourful wardrobes with flower prints and the way to wear your hair long and loose. I looked at myself and remembered I was dressed in some colourful top with flowers on it and that my long hair was blowing in the wind I was thinking that I was an awesome Shippy Hippy and smiled, when someone giggled and said: ''Hey you're a hippy too!'' and all I could think was ''Ooooh, you have no idea about my secret virtual life, dude.''
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

And EH-T, you forgot the way to the studio?
                                Noooo! All our hopes depend on you. You're our Canadian connection
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X