The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    'Toshiba' if you want quality. 'ASUS' are quite good too. (I've been using it for over a year with no problems... because I couldn't afford the Toshiba).

And just for the record. Vista is the source for all things evil in the Universe!
    Oh Yeah!

Eh...
    What wood Wood do?
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Oh Yeah!

Eh...
      What wood Wood do?
      Buy Toshiba?

sigpic

Comment

'Toshiba' if you want quality. 'ASUS' are quite good too. (I've been using it for over a year with no problems... because I couldn't afford the Toshiba).
        I just said about Toshiba It does seem to be high on the list of good ones

And just for the record. Vista is the source for all things evil in the Universe!
        I guess it depends on your own experience with it. I really love Vista, it's certainly been a better experience for me than XP or 2000 ever were. But I've heard a lot of people have had problems with it. I've also heard that Vista Ultimate is a total waste of space and money

Comment

Oh Yeah!

Eh...
          What wood Wood do?
          Hmm. I wonder what he uses?

Of course, in my dreams he's always quite happy with my laptop, but of course that's just a dream

As for ASUS, I always seem to misread that.............

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            It doesn't happen every time, but it's a risk not worth taking. It just cost me £40 to get it fixed and I lost everything that was on my hard drive. Good thing all the important stuff is stored on my external hard drives

I'm seriously thinking about a new laptop, a bigger screen and a lot more memory and speed. I'm definitely not going near an Acer again, this one has been a pain in the butt What make is yours?
            Awww....that's really bad *huggles*

I have an Acer.... Acer Aspire 6920

Most kids start off with that stiff-legged swing from the hips type of walk
            Oh I didn't knew...but still cute!

Yup Asus has the best quality IMHO. I had to choose between an Asus and an Acer one...normally I would have chosen the Asus one but the specs for this Acer one compared to the Asus one were a lot better...(while they had aproximately the same price)
            I do hear a lot more complaints about Acer laptops...but that is usually the more "simple" ones..."basic" ones...

I must say that if I would buy a new laptop now I would buy an HP one...not because I don't like Acer...but just coz most HP's look cuter and have a cuter print! (while they have the same specs)

Erm...what laptop would Martin have? I do know they've used Acer stuff in Sanctuary!

And Sam uses a Dell one...XPS...(most computer stuff on SG was from Dell)

I know this all from memory...how bad!
            sigpic

Comment

I've had Dells for my past few laptops and never had any problems with them If it helps
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I just said about Toshiba It does seem to be high on the list of good ones
                As someone who has spend the last 8 years studying the ins and outs of computers I say that is the best way to go. Altho' it might be best to do some comparisons and decide for yourself what will work for you.

I guess it depends on your own experience with it. I really love Vista, it's certainly been a better experience for me than XP or 2000 ever were. But I've heard a lot of people have had problems with it. I've also heard that Vista Ultimate is a total waste of space and money
                Sigh me up in those with bad experiences. I spend 7 hours writing program code, only to have Vista security not let me save it, I had to transfer it in Word, which messed up the codding and I had to do it all over again... after I got rid of Vista of course. It was not a fun weekend.

On topic

sigpic

Comment

Oh, jumble, give it up.
                  Just buy whatever looks best

Hey... this thread needs shallow!
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Yup...on Ultimate...but it depends on what you do with your computer. If you need it in a bussiness environment or so it's handy...but otherwise not needed; like I said it depends on what you use it for. I think before you buy a laptop you should do a LOT! of research(I did that at least) I think I've searched the web for months(and it was going to be my graduation present and something for uni)

Vista works..no problems with it...but Windows made a huge mistake there by saying that a computer only needed certain specs while in real life the specs the computer needed were a lot higher and many computer with Vista on it were just too slow in fact...there should have been vista on a computer like that!

In the end I don't have any problems with it...but my brother says that the new Windows 7 is very good(he says the beta version are better than the release version from Vista; he hates vista)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Nice one

I got this http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=GCsrgzLfPBfQEEZW and did some upgrades over the last year.

Jumble - I'm afraid to ask what you read instead of ASUS?
                      sigpic

Comment

My bro has a Toshiba and thinks it's a piece of junk. A couple of my friends had to send their Dells back several times.

*runz off to take a nap*
                        sigpic

Comment

I have an Acer 5920, with the smaller screen. This one I got when the original one I bought went kaput and they had to replace it It's been brilliant up until recently, but it's cost me a fortune over the last couple of weeks so I'm really peed off with it. I love the clarity of the screen, but I'm really leaning towards a 17" one now. And I've heard so many bad things about Acer that I definitely woodn't buy another one

Oh I didn't knew...but still cute!
                          Definitely

Yup Asus has the best quality IMHO. I had to choose between an Asus and an Acer one...normally I would have chosen the Asus one but the specs for this Acer one compared to the Asus one were a lot better...(while they had aproximately the same price)
                          I do hear a lot more complaints about Acer laptops...but that is usually the more "simple" ones..."basic" ones...

I must say that if I would buy a new laptop now I would buy an HP one...not because I don't like Acer...but just coz most HP's look cuter and have a cuter print! (while they have the same specs)

Erm...what laptop would Martin have? I do know they've used Acer stuff in Sanctuary!

And Sam uses a Dell one...XPS...(most computer stuff on SG was from Dell)

I know this all from memory...how bad!
                          Ah, but the stuff on SG didn't actually have to work if you mean what they used onscreen.

Oh, jumble, give it up.
                          Just buy whatever looks best

Hey... this thread needs shallow!
                          With the amount of money I'm expecting to spend, looking best doesn't enter into it A pretty pc that doesn't do what I want it to and spends half it's time in repair is really not what I want The one I have is all pretty and shiny, but the only ones appreciating that lately have been Peter and his son (Julian)

Yup...on Ultimate...but it depends on what you do with your computer. If you need it in a bussiness environment or so it's handy...but otherwise not needed; like I said it depends on what you use it for. I think before you buy a laptop you should do a LOT! of research(I did that at least) I think I've searched the web for months(and it was going to be my graduation present and something for uni)

Vista works..no problems with it...but Windows made a huge mistake there by saying that a computer only needed certain specs while in real life the specs the computer needed were a lot higher and many computer with Vista on it were just too slow in fact...there should have been vista on a computer like that!

In the end I don't have any problems with it...but my brother says that the new Windows 7 is very good(he says the beta version are better than the release version from Vista; he hates vista)
                          I do use it for my business, but it's not like it's a huge concern - Office 2000 takes care of all my paperwork quite adequately I need it more for graphics and vids, so Vista Home is perfectly good for that. I've got Julian doing some research for me with Toshiba to see what it wood cost for the specs I've asked for, and I'll be trawling the internet myself to see what's available. I know a lot more about it now than I did when I first bought a pc, so I know what I'm looking for amongst all the jargon

Oooooh! Lookit us, having a serious technobabble conversation

Comment

Nice one

I got this http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=GCsrgzLfPBfQEEZW and did some upgrades over the last year.

Jumble - I'm afraid to ask what you read instead of ASUS?
                            Um....... I seem to always see an 'N' instead of the first 'S'

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                            My bro has a Toshiba and thinks it's a piece of junk. A couple of my friends had to send their Dells back several times.

*runz off to take a nap*
                            See, there's always someone that's had a really bad experience with every brand available That's what makes it really hard to make a decision

I think it's about time to get back on topic...... (says she who is being constantly distracted by the Sex Bomb vid )

Edit: Why are the text size thingies not working?

Comment

I have an Acer 5920, with the smaller screen. This one I got when the original one I bought went kaput and they had to replace it It's been brilliant up until recently, but it's cost me a fortune over the last couple of weeks so I'm really peed off with it. I love the clarity of the screen, but I'm really leaning towards a 17" one now. And I've heard so many bad things about Acer that I definitely woodn't buy another one
                              Well I had that before I bought this one, and now I have it I'm like...I love it! I only had problems once with it(windows crashing) my computer dudes fixed it and saved everything from my harddrive so I'm happy with it*huggles laptop*

The only problem atm is that the blu-ray is broken...but it fell from my bike in a bag without protection(that's why I got a new cover from my bro) I'm happy that the laptop didn't broke during that little "accident"

Ah, but the stuff on SG didn't actually have to work if you mean what they used onscreen.
                              I know; but I'm talking about the laptops it self...I love Sams...I wanted one like that but in the end this one won in specifications..

I do use it for my business, but it's not like it's a huge concern - Office 2000 takes care of all my paperwork quite adequately I need it more for graphics and vids, so Vista Home is perfectly good for that. I've got Julian doing some research for me with Toshiba to see what it wood cost for the specs I've asked for, and I'll be trawling the internet myself to see what's available. I know a lot more about it now than I did when I first bought a pc, so I know what I'm looking for amongst all the jargon

Oooooh! Lookit us, having a serious technobabble conversation
                              Ah yes like that...you don't need it then...and for the graphics, I HIGHLY recommend taking a laptop with a Nvidia video card...those rock 512 MB is the norm there these days...though PS doesn't use the graphics at all...it uses more of your processor...if you have a good one there it will help a lot. (together with memory!! 4 GB RAM memory is good!(norm) )

yup technobabble...we're trying to look like Sam!
                              sigpic

Comment

Um....... I seem to always see an 'N' instead of the first 'S'
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X