• Time
  • Show
Clear All

woohoood!!!!!
    Congrats on 15000 posts jasmina!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
      Morning Woohoos

Had my first ever (non-Dan) related-TPTB dream last night !!!

Spoiler:
      I was visiting the Vancouver set with a group of people that I didn't recognise but I knew I knew them (I wonder if they were fellow GWers?), although I think Josi was there, and I met Amanda Tapping on set who was kind enough to offer us a tour. She was awesome and we took some funny photos and then went down to where Martin was working out a scene with some other crew including the foreign first AD (I can't remember his name, maybe Peter something ). I desperately wanted to take a picture of Martin coz Josi and I decided Jumble wood never forgive us if we went all the way there, saw him and didn't take pictures ! Then all of a sudden we were back upstairs again, outside on the lot and Joe was there! Amanda introduced us and Joe started talking to me about what I wanted to do with my life, lol. Since I spent a significant portion of yesterday looking for film jobs I think that's what sparked it, but basically he said he appreciated my outlook on life and would love to offer me a job as an intern in the SGU production office

It was one of those ones that I really thought was real. Was gutted when I woke up .

Sorry guys, was having a bit of a blue day yesterday .

looking forward to watching these when I get home (stupid library pcs don't have the option to watch vids )

EDIT: Just wanted to say (((Joe))) for his terrible news. What a blow for the SG family .
      I got to meet Amanda and the Martin? So not fair that this was in your dream and so I don't even remember that my dream self did *pouts*

And yeah ((((Joe and all the Stargate family)))) indeed

Hope you're feeling brighter today too! ((((Sarai))))

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      Ooooh, I forgot to tell you what an awesome evening I had last night! I went out with a friend to eat at 'Anderson's Restaurant'. My ex-son-in-law has just opened it, the dream that most chefs never achieve.

I'll spoiler it for OT and drool factor
      Spoiler:
      The food was awesome, which was not a huge surprise since he is a terrific chef , but having control of it himself means he can do much more interesting menus. It's basically English food, which is a real treat around here since we have masses of Italian, Chinese, Tai and Indian restaurants.

I had Pan fried duck breast, served on a parsnip rostie (I luuurve parsnips) with slow roasted vegetables and shallots and some steamed broccoli, carrots and mange tout on the side. I don't know what the sauce was, but it was to die for Then I had Apple and ginger crumble with ice-cream *slurp*

My friend had Smoked Haddock topped with Welsh rarebit, served with grilled tomatoes and the same steamed veg. Followed by Lemon Crunch and ice cream (that's like cheesecake but without the cheese, making it really light and fluffy)

We had a couple of glasses of wine, and finished up with coffee and mints, and very full tummies . And the bill was less than £50

The biggest problem I had was choosing the dessert, because they were all really tempting, and I know how well he does them. I solved the problem by choosing the first one on the list, having decided to go back next week and try the next one, the following week the next one etc

The restaurant itself is not huge, and there are three separate areas within it, so it has a cosy, friendly feel to it, and the staff were all really lovely
      So a good time was had, and will no doubt be had on a regular basis

Oh, um.......

Wow, sounds awesome! Where is this restaurant? Down near you I presume?

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      Hmmmmmmmmmmm........*eyes strange French JM fan*

http://jmfan.wordpress.com/
      How very disturbing! We sane Woohoos would never do such things And also, luvnjack, I think you and she (he?) might have to throw down about this! You are JM's stalker, not this random other person!!!

CONGRATS ON 15,000 JASMINA!!!

You know, you talk a lot
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I didn't mean strange as in fangurling/stalking JM was strange, but strange as in she's a stranger to me/us. I'll bet that's the same lady who made the other vid and asked him how tall he is! *glares at french fangurl*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          I got to meet Amanda and the Martin? So not fair that this was in your dream and so I don't even remember that my dream self did *pouts*
          What I'd like to know is how come whenever we dream of meeting/seeing Martin, you're always there?? *eyes Josiane suspisciously* Anything you want to tell us?

And yeah ((((Joe and all the Stargate family)))) indeed

Hope you're feeling brighter today too! ((((Sarai))))

Wow, sounds awesome! Where is this restaurant? Down near you I presume?
          Yes, down in Farnham So next time we do a little shipmeet you should all come to mine, and we can go to Anderson's for lunch

How very disturbing! We sane Woohoos would never do such things And also, luvnjack, I think you and she (he?) might have to throw down about this! You are JM's stalker, not this random other person!!!

CONGRATS ON 15,000 JASMINA!!!

You know, you talk a lot
          *huggles LJ* Don't worry, Joe knows who his number one stalker fan is

Comment

What I'd like to know is how come whenever we dream of meeting/seeing Martin, you're always there?? *eyes Josiane suspisciously* Anything you want to tell us?
            Umm...

Yes, down in Farnham So next time we do a little shipmeet you should all come to mine, and we can go to Anderson's for lunch
            Awesome, we definitely should!
            sigpic

Comment

Wasn't there some talk of another UK shipmeet a while ago? What happened to that?

Comment

Wasn't there some talk of another UK shipmeet a while ago? What happened to that?
                I don't know, but I think we should resurrect the plans As long as it's not between 20th June and 16th July that is, when I'm out of the country
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know, but I think we should resurrect the plans As long as it's not between 20th June and 16th July that is, when I'm out of the country
                  *sticks fingers in ears and ignores Josiane's trip to Oz*

I'm free the last two weeks in August

Comment

*sticks fingers in ears and ignores Josiane's trip to Oz*

I'm free the last two weeks in August
                    Me too, sounds good I reckon we should go for it and organise

(I'm only in Aus until 6th July, but right after I get back I'm off again, going to Chicago for a library conference.)

And, erm, back on topic...

sigpic

Comment

Ooo another shipmeet?! Yes indeedy ! I'm free the last two weeks I think, except for the bank holiday as its my sisters birthday (28th).

Off to work, *waves*

EDIT: A '69 *strips off work shirt and runs around nekkid*

Comment

Ok, we'll do that Sunday then? Or should we stretch it over the whole weekend, bearing in mind that not everyone can be here on Sunday? Let's face it, we WooHoos just don't 'do' one-day parties
                        ...There are one day parties?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        And yes Jumble...it does...the personality that the thread had is gone...it's fun to discuss there...but it doesn't feel like it used to be(last year)
                        *nods*
                        We used not to put personal things like family death, sickness or general sad news in spoilers and it makes me sad that now people feel like they should. When I found out about my brothers illness and didn't know whether or not it was a form or cancer, I posted it on the thread in plain sight and got a lot of support from the family, both in the thread as personal and it really helped. Now, in response, you see a bunch of ''OT: [spoilers]...'' *sighs*
                        And yeah, the ''Happy Queensday's'' were nice but felt strange at that moment. I was just glad that no one complained about why people were feeling happy about a foreign holiday

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        Hmmmmmmmmmmm........*eyes strange French JM fan*

http://jmfan.wordpress.com/
                        I agree with you ladies. Artwork, a website...
                        Who does something like that? I think we should form a Joe defense unit.
                        ...Nekkid. Ha! That'll keep the odd fangurls away! Make way for the professionals! Muhahaha!
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I tried to clean up the original of that picture you posted. This is obviously a manipulation. I hope this is allowed.

sigpic

Comment

*Grabs Joe and runs from other crazy stalkers* He's Miiiiiiine!
                            sigpic

Comment

*blinks* ...I do love how she says ''other crazy stalkers''.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*watches LJ shove someone in a car and drive away*

*shrugs*

*goes back to reading fic*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X