The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Oooookaaaaay. So we went to the Lake District and stayed near Lake Windermere.

Spoiler:
    It was great, the weather was lovely, hotel was nice and comfy…

I’m not good at fly fishing, can’t seem to get the wrist action quite right So we hired a boat and did some spinning, then later some float fishing (that’s bobbers) We caught some wild trout, which is odd because you usually get those with fly, but there you go I also got a carp, about 16lbs, not bad. Michael got a slightly bigger one We messed about and laughed a lot, and I mean a lot.

Somehow I had the impression all along that there was something more going on, because I kept catching Michael giving me sort of nervous/speculative looks

After dinner Saturday night, we were sitting on the balcony looking out over the lake, bottle of wine …… when I heard the four words we all dread : “We need to talk” Uhoh!

There are three phrases that spring to my mind from that…

“This isn’t working”
    “It’s not you, it’s me”
    And horror of horrors
    Spoiler:
    “Will you marry me?”

So he tells me he’s been thinking about moving abroad (his business is internet based, so he can live just about anywhere). So…..

“If you could live anywhere in the world, where wood it be?”

*suspects this is a trick question* Hmmm. I don’t know….. I’ve never really been abroad much, but I quite like the idea of The Netherlands”

“Really? I thought you’d say Vancouver…….”

“Why wood I want to live in Vancouver? It’s cold there. It snows!”

“Well, it’s a really great place to live and you know, you could go and see Martin every time he makes a public appearance. Cons and such….”

“I can do that from anywhere…… heard of aeroplanes have you? Are you telling me you’re seriously thinking of moving to Canada? ” At this point I’m starting to see my perfect little world slipping away from me

“No, I want to go to Australia, but I didn’t think you’d even consider it because it’s such a long way from your family….and him

*suddenly realises the import of all this* “Hang on, you’re saying you’re going to move abroad and you expect me to go with you?????”

“Well I was hoping…….. Look, we’ve always been straight with each other, what I really want is for us to get married and go live somewhere where we can have a better lifestyle, more freedom, more fun……. You woodn’t have to work, life could be so much better than in the UK. And we could afford to fly back and see the kids and grandkids as often as you like……What do you think?”

“I think I don’t know what to think I think I need to think about this a heck of a lot…… and then think some more”

And we left it there, enjoyed the rest of the weekend, came home…….

I mean, I’ve only been seeing the guy for……. um……. ok the fact that I don’t even know exactly how long speaks volumes to me…….

*iz tired and going to bed*
    Wow... that's just... wow.
    Big request.

Just do whatever you think is right for you.
    *huggles Jumble*
    sigpic

Comment

(((Jumble)))

That really is some weekend. And like Jann said, it's HUGE, considering your family doesn't even know yet. Does he know that your family doesn't know?

But you know we're here for you. If you need a sounding board, or a place to vent, or even people that will sit there and nod while you talk to yourself, you have us. Heck, you have the whole ship family, to be honest. But whatever you need from us, we're here for you.

(((((Jumble)))))
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Thanks (((((TR)))) Yeah, that's it, I'll ramble on and you'll all listen. That seems to be the way it goes What wood I do without you all?

Jann I love the idea of avoiding the subject, but somehow I don't think that's going to work

And then of course, there was the inevitable Martin dream

This morning I woke about 5am, went back to sleep and dreamed…. That Martin turned up at my house (except it wasn’t my house, but I was living there) and we were chatting about Sanctuary and what it was like living in Vancouver, and I asked him about his wife. Like, how she must be a really terrific person and very supportive considering how hard he works and the long hours etc. So off he goes to fetch her, and I made her coffee and we chatted. She was telling me how stressful it was for Martin when Sanctuary first got started, how much he’d invested in time and money, and what a big gamble it was to do the webisodes. She was really nice and obviously adores him (I soooo hope I dreamed that bit right ) But for the life of me I cannot tell you what she looks like, I seem to have lost that part but that’s probably because I don’t know what she actually looks like I have a vague memory of blue eyes, but that’s about it

I’m guessing it was sparked by the discussion with Michael about Vancouver It only took Martin about 5 minutes to go fetch his wife, so maybe my subconscious had me living just a few doors away……. *faints* I’m pretty sure that’s not quite what Michael has in mind
        Last edited by Jumble; 26 April 2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

*hugs* No avoiding ok Is it sure he is going abroad or not?!?!

Nice Martin dream btw...

I do find it funny that you put the martin stuff in spoilers and the personal post outta it!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            *hugs* No avoiding ok Is it sure he is going abroad or not?!?!
            I'm not sure how definite he is about going, I was too shocked to give much thought to it

Nice Martin dream btw...

I do find it funny that you put the martin stuff in spoilers and the personal post outta it!!!
            I thought I put the personal stuff in spoilers.... didn't I?

I put my dreams in spoilers because......... well actually I don't know why.... maybe so people can just skip it if they think I'm weird to keep dreaming about him

Comment

I'm not sure how definite he is about going, I was too shocked to give much thought to it
              Yeah true...men

I thought I put the personal stuff in spoilers.... didn't I?
              You did...but in the previous post you put the Martin dream in spoilers and I found that quite funny...nevermind me...I'm on a weird schedule lately and thus react weird...

I put my dreams in spoilers because......... well actually I don't know why.... maybe so people can just skip it if they think I'm weird to keep dreaming about him
              It's not weird to dream about him.

Since we are talking about men brothers...
              Spoiler:
              As I tell often I'm quite close with my brother...since a week now he has a girlfriend...not his type...but nice...I think(she's been here several times now...even doing ...erm yeah...not important)
              but now it's like he totally forgot about me ...I feel replaced! Dratt...and my other brother is just no fun for the things I do with him(watching Stargate/other series...going out) other brother is more fun for shopping and silly stuff...

But I miss bro...I do like it that he has a girl...but I would have loved to see a girl I liked(she's like the total opposite of me...so far I know...certainly outside lol! Bro even admits it's normally not his type but that she's just fun to be with...

/rant...sorry just needed to say so...coz at home I can't say it(parents are happy enough that bro finally got a GF)

Ooohhh and it's raining now so that weird fire is out...

Some more huggles to Jumble

And Jann's out
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah true...men

You did...but in the previous post you put the Martin dream in spoilers and I found that quite funny...nevermind me...I'm on a weird schedule lately and thus react weird...

It's not weird to dream about him.
                You're right, I'll take the spoilers off

Spoiler:
                As I tell often I'm quite close with my brother...since a week now he has a girlfriend...not his type...but nice...I think(she's been here several times now...even doing ...erm yeah...not important)
                but now it's like he totally forgot about me ...I feel replaced! Dratt...and my other brother is just no fun for the things I do with him(watching Stargate/other series...going out) other brother is more fun for shopping and silly stuff...

But I miss bro...I do like it that he has a girl...but I would have loved to see a girl I liked(she's like the total opposite of me...so far I know...certainly outside lol! Bro even admits it's normally not his type but that she's just fun to be with...

/rant...sorry just needed to say so...coz at home I can't say it(parents are happy enough that bro finally got a GF)
                Spoiler:
                That's a fairly typical reaction I remember when my Rob first met his wife, Suzy tried really hard to hate her, especially since they both have the same name But once she saw he was happy, she started to get to know her and they get along really well now. I know it's hard to feel 'replaced' in someone's affectons, but face it, you're his sister The fact that she's not his usual 'type' could well be a good thing, especially if she's fun If the relationship lasts, you could well find yourself having fun with her too Er, I'm not sure that came out right

Ooohhh and it's raining now so that weird fire is out...

Some more huggles to Jumble

And Jann's out
                (((((Jann)) I'm off to bed now too. Woodnight WooHoos

Comment

Night Jumble.

I don't know what any of us would do without each other. I mean, though most of us have never (and probably never will) met, we are such a family of caring friends. When one of us doesn't check in, we worry. When RL is crazy, in either a good or bad way, everyone else just listens, and gives advice or congrats. I know I depend on you all as much as I depend on my RL family and friends. And sometimes, I depend on you all more.

So yeah, anything you need from us and we'll be here waiting Jumble.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    I remember being that way when my bro first start going out with the woman that is now his wife...and that was 8 years ago So I was like 10 and my poor heart got crushed when he spent so much time with her and not with me. Heck I still get crushed when he says we're going to do something and then plans change. But my Bro is going to take me to the midnight showing of the new Star Trek movie So woohood for that!

And the woman that is his wife, She'd been dating him for 7 years and she is the sweetest and nicest sister-in-law that any girl could ask for. (Though she doesn't understand my stargate obsession...or any of my other geek obsessions for that matter )

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    Night Jumble.

I don't know what any of us would do without each other. I mean, though most of us have never (and probably never will) met, we are such a family of caring friends. When one of us doesn't check in, we worry. When RL is crazy, in either a good or bad way, everyone else just listens, and gives advice or congrats. I know I depend on you all as much as I depend on my RL family and friends. And sometimes, I depend on you all more.

I agree 100% to that We're just like a family (((woohoos)))

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

(((jumble))) Well, it's not a decision he wants to make right now, is it? Is he willing to give you the time to know your mind?
                      sigpic

Comment

You're right, I'll take the spoilers off ; )
                        nice!

Spoiler:
                        That's a fairly typical reaction ; ) I remember when my Rob first met his wife, Suzy tried really hard to hate her, especially since they both have the same name But once she saw he was happy, she started to get to know her and they get along really well now. I know it's hard to feel 'replaced' in someone's affectons, but face it, you're his sister The fact that she's not his usual 'type' could well be a good thing, especially if she's fun : ) If the relationship lasts, you could well find yourself having fun with her too : ) Er, I'm not sure that came out right : S

(((((Jann)) I'm off to bed now too. Woodnight WooHoos : ): )
                        Spoiler:
                        True true...but it's not that I don't like her(I haven't spoken enough with her...I think...I mean she and my bro know each other for 5 years now(they used to work together at the local supermarket...Albert Hein) That was two years ago...so I do think in a way that this relationship will last...on the other hand I am worried about him. She just broke up with her previous BF of three years and they even lived together(bought a house and all) ...so I'm afraid Bro will be the rebound...I don't want to see him get hurt!
                        She even went to that previous BF of her this week to tell him about her and bro...knowing that the other BF is stil in love with her...(is this to make the oldie yealous?? I mean bro and he know each other too)

Also I went to get some chinese with him earlier today and talked with him about it(I'm not one that is quiet about my worries ) and he said he's having "fun" with her...but that he also wants other things(like the non-fun stuff and being serious) plus he finds that he has to say what they are going to do because she just wants to be with him...that's all that matters to her.

But I do hope it all ends well..and that I still get to see my bro! *pouts*...I really *do* need to find a real BF for myself! Instead of only flirting etc. and in the end breaking it off again... which has happened already twice this year...

Night Jumble...I hope you have some good dreams!
                        Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                        Night Jumble.

Aww...this is so true...I sometimes feel more free to tell things in here than to my friends in RL...I mean only after I told my online friends about something I was ready to tell it to some of my friends...it's just so different! but I love y'all equally!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I remember being that way when my bro first start going out with the woman that is now his wife...and that was 8 years ago So I was like 10 and my poor heart got crushed when he spent so much time with her and not with me. Heck I still get crushed when he says we're going to do something and then plans change. But my Bro is going to take me to the midnight showing of the new Star Trek movie So woohood for that!

And the woman that is his wife, She'd been dating him for 7 years and she is the sweetest and nicest sister-in-law that any girl could ask for. (Though she doesn't understand my stargate obsession...or any of my other geek obsessions for that matter )

Spoiler:
                        It's good to see I am not the only one with this ...I thought it was supposed to be that siblings fight each other?!?!
                        Oh yeah the plan changes I hate that and he knows it! I'm very punctual so that's kind of annoying...but it's funny that my other brother is even more punctual than I am...

It's good to hear tht you have a nice Sis in law I would love that as well! after I found a brother in law for them
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww...this is so true...I sometimes feel more free to tell things in here than to my friends in RL...I mean only after I told my online friends about something I was ready to tell it to some of my friends...it's just so different! but I love y'all equally!

Spoiler:
                          It's good to see I am not the only one with this ...I thought it was supposed to be that siblings fight each other?!?!
                          Oh yeah the plan changes I hate that and he knows it! I'm very punctual so that's kind of annoying...but it's funny that my other brother is even more punctual than I am...

It's good to hear tht you have a nice Sis in law I would love that as well! after I found a brother in law for them
                          You guys are like family and I completely agree, and especially when my RL friends don't understand my geekyness and you guys do *hugs*

Spoiler:
                          I love my bro but he changes plans all the time And that whole siblings fighting thing never really happened with me and my bro, probably because we're both huge geeks. (An example of his geekyness- At the rehearsal reception the day before the wedding sometimes they have 'grooms cakes'...we found him a Yoda cake )

And I have the best sis in law, we have completely different personalities (I'm my geeky self and she's one of those 'oh my word I broke a nail' kind of girls ) But it's awesome having a family member who I can go and talk to about girl stuff

And she totally became the world's best sis in law when she made me a 16th birthday cake...and it was of the Stargate And she knows nothing about Stargate, so it really meant a lot to me And then last year she made me this amazing 3D Space shuttle cake

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Serious health warning.......DON'T READ JOE'S BLOG TODAY!!!!!

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and MORE CHOCOLATE!! I now have a burning desire to go out and buy chocolate, and it's 2am

Pics snurched from Joe

Luuuuurve the jacket

Comment

*faints* Thanks for the pics, jumble! Off to the blog! *runs off*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                                (((jumble))) Well, it's not a decision he wants to make right now, is it? Is he willing to give you the time to know your mind?
                                I have no idea of the timescale, I just had a mindfreeze and didn't ask any of the questions I should have

Jann I bet when you do get a bf your brothers will feel exactly the same Reminds me of when I was 16, the only lads I was allowed to go out with were my brothers' friends. That way bros got to come along and keep an eye on me

Yet another Martin dream I don't remember it all, but what I do remember harks back to the 'Ghost' pottery scene we were talking about on the S/J thread a while ago..... only instead of pottery, he was using PS on my pc to put captions on pics of himself.... weird

Last edited by Jumble; 15 August 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X