• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure it wasn't HP?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Teeth OT:
    Spoiler:
    Ah fair enough, TBH I have no idea when they started with the fluoride thing! I often say the one thing Oxford taught me was how to sound authoritative when you don't know what the heck you're talking about
    Teeth OT
    Spoiler:
    I've just been googling, and although I can't find an exact date it looks as if water fluoridation started in the UK in the early 50's, which means I did have it Interestingly, from what I've read there are now fewer areas in the UK that still use WF, since it has proved to be detrimental in some ways

I'm no authority either, but I stand by my view that my childrens' teeth are in better condition than mine because I restricted their sugar intake fervently (much to my mother's disgust ), whereas I had it poured down my throat practically from birth

I have to believe that, otherwise I'd have to feel guilty about never allowing them sweets and cakes

Comment

Oh, you're right, jumble! It was HP! (Where is HP, anyway!??)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Are you sure it wasn't HP?

Teeth OT
        Spoiler:
        I've just been googling, and although I can't find an exact date it looks as if water fluoridation started in the UK in the early 50's, which means I did have it Interestingly, from what I've read there are now fewer areas in the UK that still use WF, since it has proved to be detrimental in some ways

I'm no authority either, but I stand by my view that my childrens' teeth are in better condition than mine because I restricted their sugar intake fervently (much to my mother's disgust ), whereas I had it poured down my throat practically from birth

I have to believe that, otherwise I'd have to feel guilty about never allowing them sweets and cakes
        Spoiler:
        Yeah I think you definitely helped them there My mum would never ever let us have sweets that you had to suck or chew for a long time as kids, only things that you chewed and swallowed quickly like chocolate or fudge or fruit pastilles. She used to suck polo mints all the time when she was a teenager and ended up with millions of fillings It's all the factors together, really
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Oh, you're right, jumble! It was HP! (Where is HP, anyway!??)
          I thought it looked like hers

I'm not sure. She was away for a while because her father was taken ill, but she's been back since then. I left her a message this morning because I was starting to wonder

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Spoiler:
          Yeah I think you definitely helped them there My mum would never ever let us have sweets that you had to suck or chew for a long time as kids, only things that you chewed and swallowed quickly like chocolate or fudge or fruit pastilles. She used to suck polo mints all the time when she was a teenager and ended up with millions of fillings It's all the factors together, really
          Sounds like your Mum had the same rules as me

Comment

On the subject of sweets and teeth

Spoiler:
            My mommy never thought about that. We have every friday market in the city...and everytime we went there we got to choose on the candy stand sweets for 2 gulden(the currency we had before the euro)...that's about 1 euro...
            Later...now I'm grown up, my mom never has sweets at home since my oldest brother ate them all...he eats *everything*..even if it isn't of him...
            Now a days my mom still doesn't buy sweets...except like now with easter, we have chocolate eggs on the table (and with Christmas chocs as well etc) so...IMHO it's a miracle that I haven't gotten it for so long if sweets are that bad for you.

I think it's about if you brush them enough and take care of them you won't get the cavities...coz these days I eat less sweets than when I was younger...

Back to the real subject in here...MARTIN!

Also for self Woohood, I did all my laundry(laundry...not landry) so I will temporarly not run around nekkid anymore
            sigpic

Comment

Our wonderful PTB are having a conference up in the clouds. Once again, Joe can't resist taking a picture for his blog.

(heehee...I'm sure someone hasn't seen it!)
              sigpic

Comment

*hands out cake*
                *stares at gifs 'n' pics*
                *Instantly knows why this thread is the bestest *

And WooooHooood!
                My TV magazine mentioned Sanctuary! As a digital TV tip
                (What? That's quite something. It's the first time I ever saw Sanctuary mentioned in Dutch )
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

So what is it in Dutch?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                    So what is it in Dutch?

...Sanctuary.

But translated it wood be: ''asiel, opvang''...

The little article basically says that Helen and co protects and studies the strangest and scariest beings there are... Not even a mention of His Awesomness, but still...
                    It's so coooool! *squees*

...Ok, I'm over it. Really
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

*Waves at guest* You've been lurking down there all day! Isn't it tiring and boring?

Joe's ready for another pool party.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                        ...Sanctuary.

But translated it wood be: ''asiel, opvang''...

The little article basically says that Helen and co protects and studies the strangest and scariest beings there are... Not even a mention of His Awesomness, but still...
                        It's so coooool! *squees*

...Ok, I'm over it. Really
                        You mean it didn't mention the fact that

?????

"I can't believe they didn't mention that!"

Edit: LJ, you've scared them away again

Comment

Thanks to the brilliant and wonderful jumble!
                          sigpic

Comment

Aw, don't make me blush

I loved doing those sigs, they were a real hoot

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              And WooooHooood!
                              My TV magazine mentioned Sanctuary! As a digital TV tip
                              (What? That's quite something. It's the first time I ever saw Sanctuary mentioned in Dutch )
                              Which magazine? Where? How? Now? I want Sanctuary!!! I do hope it comes out on DVD in here...coz I need it! I want it in Dutch *pouts*

And no mention of Martin...how evil!

Love all the piccies!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                                Which magazine? Where? How? Now? I want Sanctuary!!! I do hope it comes out on DVD in here...coz I need it! I want it in Dutch *pouts*

And no mention of Martin...how evil!

Love all the piccies!
                                It was a teeny bit in the Veronica Magazine. It even had a picture. It wasn't much, but it made me happy.
                                Now if they would only hurry up and buy the show for one of the networks, it wood be awesome.

Yeah, they could have added a line saying: ''Geregiseerd door Martin WooHood. In korte broek. HubbaHubba''

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X