No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what the heck are you doing up this late? *a Moderator's work is never done*

That's great that you'll be around when the others get back

What sort of time frame are we looking at before the change has to take place?

Comment

Just excuse me for a minute Bagpuss, too much discussion and not enough Martin

"What's going on WooHoos? No pics on this page? Failing in your duties Jumble?"

"That's better
      Did you notice how Bagpuss ignored the birthday question?"

Comment

*looks in thread*

*tries to keep eyes open*

MARTIN

Gotta love time zones...and I'm seriously wondering if someone is in another one...

*looks at clock: 2:30 am* I should sleep

*takes martin with her to sleep and puts him next to Shep and Bubu*

Woodnight!
        sigpic

Comment

Woodnight Jann *snatches Martin back and puts him somewhere safe*

Um, I wonder just how much of the thread Bagpuss has actually read.....oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            Woodnight Jann *snatches Martin back and puts him somewhere safe*
            *holds him tight in dream...he's directing it*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              *holds him tight in dream...he's directing it*
              Poor Bubu and Shep, with Martin telling them what to do aaaaaaaaand how to do it

*wonders for the millionth time what Martin wood think if he saw this thread* *....or has he seen it* *panics and runs away*

Comment

So what the heck are you doing up this late? *a Moderator's work is never done*

That's great that you'll be around when the others get back

What sort of time frame are we looking at before the change has to take place?
                LOL...I'm able to live for weeks at a time with no longer than a few hours sleep a day.Then I zonk for a long sleep or two.

Time scale is hard to pin ,so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Um, I wonder just how much of the thread Bagpuss has actually read.....oh dear
                Oh,quite a bit.

Re the birthday question: hopefully someone going to the VC con might be able to find that elusive date ?
                (If anyone finds out,greytop would love to be able to add his birthday into her thread in SG Fandom ! )
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

A mod has been reading our thread!

Wait...I thought we were the characters in a (somewhat unhealthy) relationship with TPTB and Martin Woo(hoo)d in particular! I feel so disillusioned. *sob*

I think I'm pretty OK with moving/renaming/whatever. A Martin thread by any other name would still be the same. I don't think we'd suddenly have a huge influx of members who "have been wondering where the heck the Martin Wood Thread is!" And if we do, they will either assimilate or run for their lives. We will continue to thunk, swoon, stalk and discuss as we always have done. Even if we get a name change, the essence of who we are and what we do will remain. (((Woohoos)))

(The down side of having a more "mainstream" name is that Martin wood be able to find the thread easier while doing a search and thus discover our stalking fangurling of him and the other PTB. Hm. )

I do like our very unique, clever name and wood be sad to see it go. Wood other Woohoos-at-heart be able to find us easily in the Fandom area? We're not really a thread people just stumble into, but still...just in case...just sayin'.

*Needs more sleep*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Fun lingo for a fun and friendly thread imo.
                    Awww...that's good to hear...

LOL...I'm able to live for weeks at a time with no longer than a few hours sleep a day.Then I zonk for a long sleep or two.

Can you learn me how to do that? Coz I need too much sleep...and I'm really feeling a lack of now

Oh,quite a bit.
                    And there goes my belief that at least the mods thought I was sane...

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    Wait...I thought we were the characters in a (somewhat unhealthy) relationship with TPTB and Martin Woo(hoo)d in particular! I feel so disillusioned. *sob*
                    *hugs* LJ...easy girl...we are the characters...they're just thinking weird stuff

(The down side of having a more "mainstream" name is that Martin wood be able to find the thread easier while doing a search and thus discover our stalking fangurling of him and the other PTB. Hm. )
                    The horror
                    sigpic

Comment

*sleepwalks into thread* Yeah, I can do that too *zzzzzzzzzzz* No really, I can............

Oh,quite a bit.
                      Oh dear
                      I'm so glad you caught me on a 'sober' week, otherwise I might have thrown myself at your feet and begged you tearfully not to do anything drastic to our precious thread

What? I did? Oh dear

Re the birthday question: hopefully someone going to the VC con might be able to find that elusive date ?
                      (If anyone finds out,greytop would love to be able to add his birthday into her thread in SG Fandom ! )
                      There are also some Gwers who will be meeting Amanda later this year and have promised to ask her if they get the chance It's weird that it seems to be the one birthday that nobody seems to know

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      A mod has been reading our thread!

*pats LJ* There there, it's ok, our relationship(s) with them will continue as before, just in a different venue or under a different banner

I think I'm pretty OK with moving/renaming/whatever. A Martin thread by any other name would still be the same. I don't think we'd suddenly have a huge influx of members who "have been wondering where the heck the Martin Wood Thread is!" And if we do, they will either assimilate or run for their lives. We will continue to thunk, swoon, stalk and discuss as we always have done. Even if we get a name change, the essence of who we are and what we do will remain. (((Woohoos)))
                      Of course you're right, I'd just be very sad to lose our unique title

Admit it LJ, you're just afraid that Joe won't be able to find you us

I do like our very unique, clever name and wood be sad to see it go. Wood other Woohoos-at-heart be able to find us easily in the Fandom area? We're not really a thread people just stumble into, but still...just in case...just sayin'.

*Needs more sleep*
                      I actually think people wood be able to find us more easily in the Fandom area, because really 'fanning' (is that a word?) is what we do! I don't know how big the Fandom area is........... I'll take a look

Edit: Hmmmm. Well there are only two pages of threads in the Fandom area, as opposed to four in the C/R section, so really it wood be much easier to find us there. Both the S/J Artwork and the Graphics threads are in there, so we wood still be among friends
                      Last edited by Jumble; 27 March 2009, 01:08 AM.

Comment

So, it's this thread's turn for the review eh?

I like the name as it is. It ties in very nicely with the Shippy Hippy feel of the thread.
                        The location doesn't really matter to me. The only thing that worries me about being in the Fandom section, is that new folks might think there is a concert or a convention dedicated to Martin, so it might cause a little confusion.
                        Other than that, I see no problem with the relocation.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd also rather keep the name and be moved than changing the name. As long as we can worship our Martin I don't mind where i do it

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            So, it's this thread's turn for the review eh?

I like the name as it is. It ties in very nicely with the Shippy Hippy feel of the thread.
                            The location doesn't really matter to me. The only thing that worries me about being in the Fandom section, is that new folks might think there is a concert or a convention dedicated to Martin, so it might cause a little confusion.
                            Other than that, I see no problem with the relocation.
                            Mmm. I noticed there are a lot of threads about cons etc in the Fandom section, so that could happen I guess. But then they'd only have to read a couple of posts to find out what we WooHoos are all about

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                            I'd also rather keep the name and be moved than changing the name. As long as we can worship our Martin I don't mind where i do it
                            That's right, we can worship Martin anywhere.......

Comment

Mmm. I noticed there are a lot of threads about cons etc in the Fandom section, so that could happen I guess. But then they'd only have to read a couple of posts to find out what we WooHoos are all about
                              *nods* I just hope that they don't run for their lives.

That's right, we can worship Martin anywhere.......

I love that pic.
                              Last edited by jasminaGo; 27 March 2009, 01:53 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                *nods* I just hope that don't run for their lives.
                                Seems like the sensible thing to do

I love that pic.
                                Me too! Giving Martin the adulation that he soooo deserves

Comment

Working...
                                X