• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone's been ruffling Brad's hair!
    sigpic

Comment

Well..... um.........Yes

Comment

...not that there's anything wrong with that! Just a little jealous you got to him first...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
          Hello, my dear Woohoos. I'm up in the middle of the night cleaning my house. Er...don't ask. I just thought I'd take a break and say how lucky I think we are. We have some pretty amazing PTB. We have writers who really put all they have into each script and directors who care about the show and strive to put out an excellent show every time. And, I know SG-1 and SGA are over, but we still have the movies and SGU, and I think that's pretty dang great.

So, just wanted to share. Cuz, this is probably the only place on GW where I can say those things and not get snarked at. (LACK OF CONFIMATION ISN'T A HUGE PTB CONSPIRACY!!! GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!)

So...just putting the love out there into the universe...(I'm so sleep-deprived)...
          *joins in the PTB fangurling* Yep, what you guys all said Personally I think in general it's far better to be a positive person, that way lies happiness. And as Jumble pointed out so well there, if it wasn't for TPTB then we wouldn't have any of it. Sometimes I think, like Sarai said, there's too much of a feeling of ownership - the story is TPTB's, and they share it with us, they don't write it for us. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a story is well written (and this also means being believable and narratively consistent and satisfying), then I'll be happy with it. I might wish some things were different, for my own desires, but that's what fanfic is for. All I ask is that a story works, not that it goes the way I might want it to. And if I don't think it works, or it goes so far against what I want that I no longer enjoy it, then I don't blame the writer or the story, I move on to something else Why stick with something you no longer enjoy just to moan about it?

Hmmm, sorry, you guys had all moved on from that hadn't you?

OK... so... woohoo for Sarai for the Michael Jackson thing, most exciting indeed

CONGRATS ON 1800 SARAI!!!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You're so right Josiane

But where I think TPTB shot themselves in the foot was that they made the Stargate franchise sooooo good and made the characters sooooo believable that the fans all found themselves getting really involved, and that's where the ownership issue comes in. If they hadn't shown us the depth behind the characters and their relationships to/with each other, I don't think feelings wood run so high when people don't get what they want on screen

I mean, I really believe that Martin is mine..........

*waits for Jann to come in and start another tug-of-war

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
              You're so right Josiane

But where I think TPTB shot themselves in the foot was that they made the Stargate franchise sooooo good and made the characters sooooo believable that the fans all found themselves getting really involved, and that's where the ownership issue comes in. If they hadn't shown us the depth behind the characters and their relationships to/with each other, I don't think feelings wood run so high when people don't get what they want on screen

*Dies laughing* Oh jumble, you rock!
              sigpic

Comment

You're so right Josiane

*waits for Jann to come in and start another tug-of-war
                Lol, well that's true
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

General PTB thunkage huh?
                  Awesome

(((PTB)))
                  ((((WooHoos))))
                  Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                  Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                    *Dies laughing* Oh jumble, you rock!
                    But.......... I was being serious

Comment

Check out Joe's Blog, he's in fine form again But he needs to be careful not to cut himself on that razor-sharp wit

Also, not sure if we knew this already

Talking about the SGA Movie:

Atlantisjoefan writes: “1. Any news or thoughts about when it’ll be filming?
                      2. Is Todd going to be in the film? I love the relationship between Todd and Sheppard.”

Answers: 1. There was initial talk of a summer shoot but, given the tight scheduling, fall looks more likely. 2. Yes, he will.

WooHoooood! I love Todd

Comment

Ha. I want to have Joe's way.
                        He's so cool.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Yes. Starting to like Joe. A lot.

Quick, show me some Martinpics.........

*breathes deeply* That's better

Comment

Well, I don't just enjoy Joe for his cute little accent.
                            sigpic

Comment

Enjoy Joe. Um..... *quickly runs away and dives into Martin folder* *sigh*

Comment

Aw sorry Sarai I should have labelled it properly, as in

THIS IS NOT MARTIN'S BIRTHDAY!!

Besides, I think that date wood be a bit too early

*breathes a sigh of relief* thanks for clearing that up Jumbly

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                *joins in the PTB fangurling* Yep, what you guys all said Personally I think in general it's far better to be a positive person, that way lies happiness. And as Jumble pointed out so well there, if it wasn't for TPTB then we wouldn't have any of it. Sometimes I think, like Sarai said, there's too much of a feeling of ownership - the story is TPTB's, and they share it with us, they don't write it for us. As far as I'm concerned, as long as a story is well written (and this also means being believable and narratively consistent and satisfying), then I'll be happy with it. I might wish some things were different, for my own desires, but that's what fanfic is for. All I ask is that a story works, not that it goes the way I might want it to. And if I don't think it works, or it goes so far against what I want that I no longer enjoy it, then I don't blame the writer or the story, I move on to something else Why stick with something you no longer enjoy just to moan about it?

Hmmm, sorry, you guys had all moved on from that hadn't you?

OK... so... woohoo for Sarai for the Michael Jackson thing, most exciting indeed

CONGRATS ON 1800 SARAI!!!
                                Thanks for the congrats . Not much of a milestone compared to yours and how long I've been here .

Anyhoo, totally agree with what you're saying, and you're never too late to praise the PTB around here Josi, or offer up your fabulously articulate opinion .

*runs back to gimping*

I'm ignoring my work again...roll on May

EDIT: And go Joe!! His is exactly the kind of humour I love. Let's hope those grouchy posters get the message

Comment

Working...
                                X