• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *pulls out a chair*
    *grabs popcorn*
    sigpic

Comment

Uh, ok if you insist not sure I really wanted an audience for this

First I want to thank you all for being so supportive and patient with me, you’ve really helped get me through what have been some very dark times lately (((((WooHoos)))))

Now that I’m back in the sunshine again, here’s how it happened….

‘A Lonely Hippy Road Trip’
      (or ‘How Weird was That?’)

(spoilered for length and OTness)

Spoiler:
      First place I went was the Plastics and Burns Unit at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. I talked to some of the nursing staff and met a lot of people with far worse problems than mine I left with a better understanding of what wood be involved and what it wood be like for me, but still depressed and no closer to making a decision.

Then I headed off for my wander, feeling drawn to the sea as I have often been in the past. I thought I wood meander down through Devon and Cornwall, possibly reaching Land’s End at some point simply because I’ve never been there.

Stopped off at Stonehenge. I’ve been there many times but never really been there before. As in, really taking a close look and soaking up the spiritual beauty of the place. I’d love to go back for the summer solstice, when there is usually a mass gathering of hippies and other folk. Hard to believe I’ve never done that, bad hippy

From there I carried on driving south-west until I found myself in Seaton, a little coastal village in Devon where I used to take the kids on holidays back in the early ‘90s. By now it was getting late, so I booked into the B&B that I stayed at on New Year’s Eve 1993, having left the kids with their grandparents for a couple of days

Next day I walked through the village to the beach. The village itself has changed a bit since I was there last, but the cliffs and beach are still exactly the same, and I revelled in the happy (and sad) memories that came flooding back as I climbed up to what used to be my favourite spot at the top of the cliff. I sat there for hours, thinking, remembering, drinking in the view and freezing my butt off

The next bit is very Mills & Boon

As I climbed back down, I saw a man in the distance just standing on the beach looking out to sea. My tummy flipped, because he reminded me of someone I used to know way back then. The closer I got, the more familiar he looked. Could it be? Then he turned, smiled at me and said “Hey Jumble! I’ve been waiting for you to come down off the cliff, I knew that’s where you’d be!” Good thing he hugged me, because my legs had turned to jelly and it wood have been sooooo embarrassing if I’d fallen at his feet

We spent the rest of the week together, catching up and trying to make sense of all the misunderstandings, bad timings, missed opportunities and fears that kept us apart all those years ago. We decided not to waste time regretting the time we’ve missed, but to just make the most of the here and now.

Remembering that this is a PG forum, I’ll just say that he did a thorough job of convincing me that my worries were unfounded and that I really don’t need to put myself through the stress and pain of all that surgery

So I cancelled my appointment with the doc and stayed a few more days, returning home only because he had to get back to work. I don’t know where we’re going from here, or even if we’re going anywhere, but I’m really glad we found each other again, and at a time when I sooooo needed him.

Here’s the ‘doodoodoodoo doodoodoodoo’ thing.

When I asked him how come he was in Seaton, he said it was weird, but he kept hearing this song, and this part

“If one day you wake up and find that you're missing me,
      And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I can be,
      Thinking maybe you'd come back here to the place that we'd meet,
      And you'd see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.”

made him think of me, and he started to wonder………

…….and that’s been my fave song for the last few weeks!

So how weird was that?

Comment

Wow, that was pretty weird, jumble! How's that for faith, huh?

Anyway...
        You go girl!
        ((((jumble))))
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Awwww (((((((Jumble))))))) that's soo sweet! So glad you've had a lovely week and that you are all happy. The wandering really did the trick then!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
            Wow, that was pretty weird, jumble! How's that for faith, huh?

Anyway...
            You go girl!
            ((((jumble))))
            Faith? On his part maybe, with me it was blindly running away But I guess it could have been my subconsious taking over and sending me where I needed to be? Who knows, who really cares

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Awwww (((((((Jumble))))))) that's soo sweet! So glad you've had a lovely week and that you are all happy. The wandering really did the trick then!
              Thanks Yes, it certainly did the 'trick' I don't remember the last time I felt so relaxed and comfortable with myself *happy sigh*

Comment

Made a couple of new 'eye' sigs

Comment

(((Jumble))) That's in a way very...sweet! (almost movie like sweet) Good that you found each other again...do you think you will keep in contact with him? (does he look like Martin?)

But it's good to hear that you got a lot better and that he helped you with that!

Love the green eye sigs btw
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh, jumble! It makes me want to write a book about it! *happy sigh*

EDIT: Lookit the cute JM sig jumble made for me! *points down*
                    sigpic

Comment

Hm...from JM's blog:

Eduardo writes: “In the first picture the man who is beside Brad looks a lot like
                      Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden Leader and Vocals).”

Answer: That’s Director Martin Wood.
                      Hm...This is Bruce Dickinson:

and Martin

Hmmm.....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        (((Jumble))) That's in a way very...sweet! (almost movie like sweet) Good that you found each other again...do you think you will keep in contact with him? (does he look like Martin?)

But it's good to hear that you got a lot better and that he helped you with that!
                        Almost like a Movie. I'd definitely pay to see it, it's a beautiful story *sigh*

Jumble I'm so glad your road trip has such a happy ending. And it's great to have you back on GW!!

LJ - ROFL What the??? I just did a Google image search and I cant find a picture of Bruce that looks remotely like Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                          Hm...from JM's blog:

and Martin

Hmmm.....
                          Eh.

...No.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Joining in showing off jumble's latest martinmasterpieces:

*hugs*

sigpic

Comment

Morning WooHoos

Originally posted by starlover View Post

Love the green eye sigs btw
                              Oh, yes, we're definitely keeping in touch My poor mobile doesn't know what's hit it with all these texts flying back and forth

Does he look like Martin? Nope! Very tall, very blond, but he does have green eyes

Oh, jumble! It makes me want to write a book about it! *happy sigh*
                              It's been a bit like 'When Harry Met Sally' (but I didn't do the cafe scene not in public anyway)

EDIT: Lookit the cute JM sig jumble made for me! *points down*
                              Glad you like it

Hm...from JM's blog:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...njack/2140.jpg

and Martin

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a.../636_small.jpg

Hmmm.....
                              *squints* *turns head from side to side* Nope, not seeing it at all

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                              Almost like a Movie. I'd definitely pay to see it, it's a beautiful story *sigh*

Jumble I'm so glad your road trip has such a happy ending. And it's great to have you back on GW!!
                              Thanks HP, it's good to be back *still floating*

LJ - ROFL What the??? I just did a Google image search and I cant find a picture of Bruce that looks remotely like Martin.
                              If you squint enough to put him totally out of focus, you can just see a slight similarity with the hair, but apart from that not.even.close.

Edit: Good to see Joe gave Martin his full title. Respect man
                              Last edited by Jumble; 01 March 2009, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome back Jumble. Glad you had a wonderful week.

Wood Morning Woohoos!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X