Edit: And I'm not Rune

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
        Morning Kliggs I've sent the new ones

Edit: And I'm not Rune

Are you sure you are not rune? *looks very carefully* Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

You're very welcome, I enjoyed making it and it inspired a new Martin sig as well, so I'm happy

Comment

*bounces in* OMGOMGOMG! Lookit what I found

Radio interviews with Martin!!!!! The second one is brilliant, he talks about Sanctuary for ages, and gets really excited

Oh, and I thought I'd share this, from an interview with BB about Continuum, found on benbrowderportal.com

LA: Martin Wood says that I’m supposed to ask you what it’s like to be his pee buddy.

BB: I was trying to swap over and get rid of Martin as a survival buddy. It’s called a survival buddy. For one, if you get hypothermia you have to get naked in a sleeping bag. That is the one where I said wow, I think I should really have Amanda as my survival buddy. And the other is if you touch a piece of metal and your hand freezes to it and you need warm liquid to remove it. Well there’s no warm liquid available 200 miles off shore in the Arctic circle. So unless a polar bear comes over and drools on you, you need warm liquid available from another source. And you’re looking for an available source and he is the first available source. And that’s when you think a guy would be a better survival buddy. Because if you have your hand up here (about four feet off the ground), and you think “I need warm liquid up here. I need someone to help me.”

Help, Martin! I'm really cold, I think I've got hypothermia......................

Comment

*sighs* You UK'ers get all weird when it's snowing, I see...
              I somehow picked up the image of Martin on a dog sled... Hm.

Note to self: Must listen to the interviews later.
              Thanks for the link Jumble
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

SQUEEE A Bubu interview... He's cute and he said something about Martin... Jumble can have Martin as buddy...I take Bubu then

And they do get weird while it snows there...like my dog...

And Nad...Martin on a dog sled...
                sigpic

Comment

Weird? Don't you know what an event it is in this country? It's 20 years since we had this much snow, and we're expecting a load more tonight along with below freezing temperatures

I'm staying home. I know Martin and the crew were filming in -50, which makes me feel a bit of a wimp but at least they had the right gear to keep them warm and they were on ice rather than this fluffy stuff that you just sink into up to your knees

btw some of those radio interviews are duplicates, so I'd just go with the second one

I need a Survival Buddy...........

Comment

Coincidentally, I just came across this article in TVZone Magazine

Feature: Stargate: Continuum Would the filming of a direct-to-DVD story be a small-scale event? The director who came in from the cold, Martin Wood, recalls making Stargate: Continuum

"Not many people start their workday off with a warning like, ‘Watch out for polar bears, because next to the cold they’re what will most likely kill you,’ "unless, of course, it’s Stargate SG-1 director Martin Wood. Back in March 2007, he along with a handful of SG-1 cast, crew and producers braved such dangers when they took a trip to the Arctic to film on location in collaboration with the US Navy’s Applied Physics Laboratory Ice Station (APLIS). The scenes, which include those on board the Navy submarine USS Alexandria, will be seen in the upcoming SG-1 DVD movie Stargate: Continuum.

Not surprisingly, the director came home with enough memories to last him a lifetime.“It was one of the best film-making experiences I’ve ever had,” smiles Wood. “We were approximately 200 miles straight north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and actually living on the ice at a camp that the US Navy built for us as well as the APLIS group. It was astounding, and a big part of what made it so was that I handpicked the crew I had with me. There were other people who I also would have loved to have taken, but we had limited space.“Fourteen of us were up there, including Ben Browder [Colonel Cameron Mitchell], Amanda Tapping [Colonel Samantha Carter] and Richard Dean Anderson [General Jack O’Neill]. When we arrived it was minus 41º Fahrenheit, and the first day we began shooting, the thermometer read -53. I took our actors out in costume on the ice and we filmed for four hours. Over the next seven days I never heard one of them say, ‘I’m cold. I want to go in. I don’t want to do this.’ Sometimes we were out on the ice for seven hours, and yet they never complained. None of the crew did either. When it came time to go home, without exception, everyone said, ‘Can you think of something else for us to film’. No one wanted to leave.“We had the best times imaginable, and it was all about the work as well as being able to do the job in those types of impossible conditions. The cast and crew rose to the challenge, and whenever you get that kind of camaraderie from a group of people it’s always a thrill.

”One of the trickiest scenes for Wood to get on film was where the USS Alexandria crashes through the ice in order to save our heroes. “The first day the submarine came up, but in a spot different from the one we expected,” recalls the director. “We could see it, but it wasn’t on the axis that I needed for the cameras.“On Day Two we were told the submarine would surface at 10am, so we left camp around 8:45am, flew to the location and began unloading the equipment. Suddenly, Travis, who’s the guy controlling the Arctic sub lab, said, ‘They’re coming up.’ I was like, ‘What do you mean?’ and Travis said, ‘We hear the shot clock on the hydrophone.’by Steven Eramo
                    Last edited by Jumble; 02 February 2009, 05:13 AM.

Comment

...I'm just jealous. I want snow too
                      And ice. The Dutch and frozen lakes are like... hippies and broccoli
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Nad if I could send it to you I wood *throws virtual snowballs at Nad* Happy now?

Comment

Yes

Snowballs remind me of cold, cold reminds me of Cold Martin and Cold Martin ...makes me happy. (I was thinking about saying ''...makes me think of snowballs'', but that wood be just wrong )

EDIT: Whoa... when did the last 200 posts happen?
                          Last edited by DutchIndeed; 02 February 2009, 05:42 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Oh looook, Martin's looking for someone to play snowballs with

Been posting in your sleep Nad? Or just trying to make us think you don't talk as much as we do?

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...20pics/142.jpg
                              Oh looook, Martin's looking for someone to play snowballs with

Been posting in your sleep Nad? Or just trying to make us think you don't talk as much as we do?
                              Yeah... somehow inserting the word 'play' doesn't make it better...

I don't talk as much as you do.

But no, I mean in this thread... I had that 5000 mark fresh in my mind and I just noticed that we passed 5200...
                              We are few but blabbermouthed, I guess.

sigpic

Comment

Um.........

Spoiler:

What can I say? I LOVE MARTIN!!

Edit: It has taken us 5 days to make those 200 posts, that's only, um, 40 posts per day.......

OMG! I've just calculated that I've made an average of..............98.5 posts per week on here .........that's about 14 per day...............

No wonder I'm running out of pics to post
                                Last edited by Jumble; 02 February 2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X