No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

traumatised by fudge?? What did we do to you over here Fainne?? I knew I should have come up to see you in York, twas only there Christmas shipping the other day!

ROFL at the bums!

EDIT: Believe me that was a genuine typo!! ^ ^

Comment

Christmas shipping Sarai?

Edit: I spelt it 'sipping'

Comment

*wanders in, chokes on broccolli smoke* My goodness! On second thought, maybe I'll go Gimp!
        sigpic

Comment

Ladies, I think we should give jumble her painmeds back.
          They're making us act strangely...
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Sipping, shipping, shopping. Three of my favourite pasttimes.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              Ladies, I think we should give jumble her painmeds back.
              They're making us act strangely...

Ouchouchouch! I really shouldn't have done that
              Originally posted by Sarai View Post

Mine too

Woodnight WooHoos *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                And what's the main ingredient in fudge?
                Hey... I'm Dutch
                Hmm, well I dunno if it's different in the U.S. but over here fudge is made from sugar, butter and condensed milk (or cream if you want to be posh about it). Condensed milk is basically very heavily sweetened and thickened milk so, um, fudge is sugar and fat and more sugar and fat and, well if you want to throw some broccoli in too... or cherries, ginger, walnuts, coffee, coconut... anything goes really. It's incredibly sweet, as you might imagine.
                sigpic

Comment

traumatised by fudge?? What did we do to you over here Fainne?? I knew I should have come up to see you in York, twas only there Christmas shipping the other day!
                  well, one thing I had to learn was that sweets over there are REALLY sweet. once bought a juice which was so sweet that it tasted already bitter I had to mix it with water 1:3 (juice:water) so my very sensitive german taste could take it but after a few weeks I got used to it and even bought 5 (!!!) slices of fudge for my family. But they were more shocked than I was and refused to eat more than one tiny piece - guess who had to eat the rest of it My stomach still aches from that sugar rush...
                  Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Hmm, well I dunno if it's different in the U.S. but over here fudge is made from sugar, butter and condensed milk (or cream if you want to be posh about it). Condensed milk is basically very heavily sweetened and thickened milk so, um, fudge is sugar and fat and more sugar and fat and, well if you want to throw some broccoli in too... or cherries, ginger, walnuts, coffee, coconut... anything goes really. It's incredibly sweet, as you might imagine.
                  OMG, that's arteriosclerosis at its best. so if england plans to take over germany here's a tipp: use fudge! and we'll defend with Sauerkraut xD

night jumble, sweet Martin dreams

Comment

Comment

Mine too and gonna do all three of them tomorrow*does happy dance*
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm sleeping.

It's like one giant stalk-cicle round here. Send the new chaps already!!

*rushes off to bed to write more *
                        *steals ladder and camo clothes and night vision goggles to stalk visit Sarai*

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        LUCEEEEE! I'M HOME!!!!!

*waves* Hi everyone! They finally let me out, because I really was a model patient the last couple of days This was achieved by Jo bringing me my laptop and all my SGA dvds, so I could just lay in bed and watch all of Martin's eps with commentary

I'm totally overwhelmed by the lovely messages and cards you all sent me, I really can't thank you enough for the boost you all gave me

And as for Joe I just couldn't believe he did that for me!!! Had me floating around on a big pink cloud

I'm so sorry Martinmas got cancelled because of me, but I really appreciate that it was done for my benefit. I'll be happy with any date that suits everyone, it's not like I'm going anywhere for a while Maybe the weekend after Christmas, 3rd/4th?

I'm off to try and catch up, although I'm guessing that could take a while

*HUGE HUGS FOR EVERYONE*
                        (((((JUMBLE)))))
                        You're back!!!! I'm soooo glad you're feeling a bit better now!!!
                        Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                        OMG.. fudge - I am traumised by this from my time in York I've never eaten something like this. It really brought me to my knees. There's notrhing worse than this.

ooookay... correct my first comment: THAT's worse
                        What about it traumatized you? What was in it? Was it too sweet or something?
                        Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                        But...But...What about the chocolate? It's only fudge if it's chocolate fudge. And really, you can make it with lots of stuff. Different fudge recepies call for different things. Some use evaporated milk instead of condensed milk. Some don't use sugar. Actually, I don't think I've ever heard of using sugar in fudge.

One of my fudges (I've got several ways I make it, but this is my favorite because it tastes the best) is made from condensed milk, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. You put 2 cups of chocolate chips (or whatever flavor you want, vanilla and choc. swirl, mint and choc. swirl, milk choc., semi sweet choc., etc...) in a microwave safe bowl, put in 1 can of condensed milk, and stick the bowl in the microwave on medium power for about 6 minutes, stirring after about every 2 minutes. When you take it out and all of the chocolate is melted, you add a teaspoon (I think, it's been since last Christmas since I made it) of vanilla extract (or mint extract or you split the measurment between the vanilla and mint if you want some mint chocolate fudge) and mix it well. Then you poor it all into a greased/buttered pan and let it sit until it's solid. It's delicious!!!!!!
                        Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                        well, one thing I had to learn was that sweets over there are REALLY sweet. once bought a juice which was so sweet that it tasted already bitter I had to mix it with water 1:3 (juice:water) so my very sensitive german taste could take it but after a few weeks I got used to it and even bought 5 (!!!) slices of fudge for my family. But they were more shocked than I was and refused to eat more than one tiny piece - guess who had to eat the rest of it My stomach still aches from that sugar rush...

OMG, that's arteriosclerosis at its best. so if england plans to take over germany here's a tipp: use fudge! and we'll defend with Sauerkraut xD

night jumble, sweet Martin dreams
                        What's wrong with sweet? I love sweet!!! Of course, I also love almost 100% dark chocolate as well, so...But sweet is really awesome!!!!

If you don't like sweet stuff, remind me not to make you any desserts if we ever meet, lol!!!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Rofl...you know...I just saw the long post of TR and thought "Wow, are we actually discussing something in here" ...but I see we are still in our safe spot...thunking

sigpic

Comment

Jann, what are you saying??? We're always discussing very important issues in here..........the correct name for Martin's tool for example........the exact colour of his eyes.............when is his birthday?...................all vital stuff

Oh, and I found a pic of his eldest daughter

I hesitated before posting it, but since he pointed her out on the commentary for SGA:Rising, I guess it's not a secret, and he sounded so proud "I get to see my daughter on TV for the first time! There she is, the one on the right"

Sorry it's not very clear

Comment

Wow I missed two pages You're so talkative guys! Sweets and bums Niceee...

Martin's daughter??Wow! how nice of him- he is proud of her! He growns in my eyes What a great man and father he is!
                              sigpic
                              sig thanks to Luci

Comment

TR well, it was shocking because I never ate something sweet like this before. And I LOVE sweets, it just knocked me off - litterally

aww, his daughter? I didn't know he has one. the one on the right... umm, i think i need to watch "the Rising" again

Comment

Working...
                                X