No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suz thanks so much for letting us know about your mum. That sounds awful, but I'm so relieved she's going to be OK. Please give her my love and a big hug and tell her we're all missing her (we were all just talking about where she was and hoping she was OK yesterday!).

For Martinmas, that's a great idea Sarai. Or should we wait and have a huge Martinmas/welcome back Jumble party when she's back to full health?
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
      For Martinmas, that's a great idea Sarai. Or should we wait and have a huge Martinmas/welcome back Jumble party when she's back to full health?
      I thought about it too, maybe we should do something small for Martinmas and something big (Martin day & welcome back Jumble) when Jumble will back...
      sigpic
      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
        I thought about it too, maybe we should do something small for Martinmas and something big (Martin day & welcome back Jumble) when Jumble will back...
        Yeah, I'm happy to go with the majority, and I know it's getting close to Christmas when people will be busy, but since Martinmas is Jumble's baby it would be a real shame for her to miss it. And it's not like there's so many of us that it'd be a big hassle to postpone. But I do like Sarai's idea of making it really special in her honour too. So yeah, whatever the most people want to do
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
          Hi, this is Suz

Mum wanted me to let you know that she had an accident Tuesday night, and won't be around for a while. She'll be ok, but has to stay in hospital for a few days.

She's really upset about something I think is called Martin's Mass, and she said to say she's sorry for missing it. I hope that makes sense?
          Oh nooo, (((Jumble))) send her my best wishes too, please.
          Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *nods*
          We can have our own ''WooHoodStock: Band Aid''
          what about "WhooHoo's Aid"? because we are not really a band and i don't want to torture her with me singing
          Hi, Suz again

Just want to say thanks for all the good wishes, I'll pass your messages on when I see her tonight.

She went up to the local shop and a car mounted the pavement and squished her against a wall. She got broken ribs, cuts and bruises and some internal bleeding and was unconscious for quite a while, but the docs say she'll be good as new in a few of weeks.

Its so nice that you all care about her so much, thanks!
          That sounds horrible I'm really glad she's going to be ok.

I can't imagine a Martinmas without our high priestess

Comment

I think she meant Band Aid in the sense of what you put on injuries. At least, that's how I took it, since Jumble's injured and all.

And I'm all for postponing if it's what everyone wants to do. I probably won't be participating much no matter what day we do it.
            sigpic
            Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Wonder if I'll beat Kim to it over here...

Oma has had a great idea that we should get a card and messages to Jumble to let her know we're thinking of her. So if anyone has a message for Jumble please can you PM it to Oma (Oma-1 in case some of you over here don't know her ) tonight?

Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                I think she meant Band Aid in the sense of what you put on injuries. At least, that's how I took it, since Jumble's injured and all.

And I'm all for postponing if it's what everyone wants to do. I probably won't be participating much no matter what day we do it.
                ahhh ,right. *headdesk* sorry

Comment

Just because I like the pretty pink in my post, I'm repeating what Josi just said, lol!!

Attention Family!!!!

As I'm sure most of you have now heard, Jumble was injured in an accident the other day. A car hopped the curb and squished her. She's got a few broken ribs and other injuries, but the doctors said she will be alright, though she won't be online again for awhile until she's a bit healed up.

Over on the Art thread Oma-1 had a great idea. We could all write Jumble a little note and then Oma can gather them all together. We'd coordinate with her daughter (who is the one that got online at Jumble's request to tell us what had happened) to get the messages to Jumble.

If you write something, or even make some artwork I'd guess, just PM it to Oma-1. At least, I'm assuming we're PMing it to Oma-1, lol. She had to go out and didn't tell us what to do with our messages, lol.

And that's okay Fainne, lol.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

*Suz staggers in* (see, I'm getting the hang of this )

Jeez, I think Mum needs a full time secretary with all these messages! I knew she spent a lot of time on these forums, but I never realised how many friends she'd made!

Docs are happy with her progress, but she's driving the nurses mad because she wants to come home! She made me take in some of her 'Martinpics' off the kitchen wall (which I understand is quite famous?) and she's nagging me to take in her laptop so she can 'PS'. You people seem to have your own language, I have to ask for an explantation almost every time she opens her mouth! But I told her if I take in her laptop, I can't pick up her messages, and she can't get online in the hospital.

Seriously though, she is doing really well, she's always been a gutsy lady, but I'm in awe of her strength. I think I'd be sitting in the corner whimpering, and there she is determined to get home for the week-end. Such is the power of 'The Martin' ? I think I need to take a closer look at this guy

Me and Jo are working out a schedule so we can take care of her (or rather, keep her under control ) over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all your good wishes, we really appreciate them.

Suz.

Comment

*Suz staggers in* (see, I'm getting the hang of this )

(...) She made me take in some of her 'Martinpics' off the kitchen wall (which I understand is quite famous?) (...)
                      Suz.
                      This is a good sign! *hrhrhrh* sweet Jumble! So I guess with this determination she will quick recover! Thanks Suz for the information
                      sigpic
                      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post

yes, band aid as in what you put on injuries aaaand... as in the festival that's used to raise money for those in need.
                        I'll throw in a suggestion:

I agree that Martinmas is jumble's baby. She's the one who suggested it in the first place.
                        Now, we didn't expect a holiday like Shipmas (in volume ) anyway. That's why we picked the times so... so.
                        With jumble being stuck in a hospital bed at least half of our posts is gone. And that wasn't even a joke about her being awefully active here ) But.
                        Maybe we could make it a ''light version'' of Martinmas (makes you feel satisfied, but not fat) and force jumble to post her contributions later around WooHood!! New Year! ?
                        That way she has something to look at when she gets back.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks again for the message Suz. And that all really sounds like Jumble...

Rofl at hearing that her Martin pics are now already in the hospital with her. and her laptop...I hope those will help her with getting better soon. Atleast she has now something to thunk at.

And you should certainly look into "the Martin" he's really an awesome directorand hot
                          sigpic

Comment

Suz, Thanks for the latest update!
                            That sure does sound like jumble.

And yes. Look at Martin. Very close. He's special.
                            In fact, keep telling your mom how special Martin is. Especially when he's waving his arms while wearing shorts. And when he talks with his hands. And oh, to see those lips in action...

...Yup. That'll speed her recovery
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks for the update Suz and glad to hear it sounds like she's doing OK Asking for Martinpics and PSing sounds like the Jumble we know and love How long is she likely to be in the hospital?

Nad I think that sounds sensible, we can have a mini Martinmas and then save the big one for when Jumble's back with us It wouldn't be the same without her in any case!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                                Suz, Thanks for the latest update!
                                That sure does sound like jumble.

And yes. Look at Martin. Very close. He's special.
                                In fact, keep telling your mom how special Martin is. Especially when he's waving his arms while wearing shorts. And when he talks with his hands. And oh, to see those lips in action...

...Yup. That'll speed her recovery
                                Er, yeah, I'm sure it will!

There are times when I look at My Mum..........and just have to wonder

But I guess since she's not the only one, this Martin person must have.........something?

Comment

Working...
                                X