• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Probably not, you know what they say about busmen's holidays

Edit: Imitating a spaceship? Hmmmm. I can think of another analogy
    lol you dirty litte girl!

In Poland we're also cleaning our shoes (I mean children)to get a present, and in this day we celebrate name-day of Santa Claus- in polish 'Mikolaj'

Nice icons RiG- big is better
    About Martin's day - Joe is back from Japan, and even mention Martin today on his blog, but still- there is nothing about Martin's Bday
    sigpic
    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      ...Yes, some Dutchies are quite fanatic about seperating our Sint from our Santa. Sorry

And eh... Yay Martin!
      You're not the only one They are totally different IMHO...as for celebrating...perhaps in the beginning they weren't but now they are!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      ...Having parents from two different cultures, I have to do both
      I'm yealous...I only do Sinterklaas!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Message from Amanda about tonight's episode of Sanctuary (includes nice mention of Martin):

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/
      Woohood!

RiG love the big icons...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
        lol you dirty litte girl!
        What? I was thinking it looked more like a flying penguin

In Poland we're also cleaning our shoes (I mean children)to get a present, and in this day we celebrate name-day of Santa Claus- in polish 'Mikolaj'
        Cleaning your children? Only once a year?

Nice icons RiG- big is better
        About Martin's day - Joe is back from Japan, and even mention Martin today on his blog, but still- there is nothing about Martin's Bday
        Give him time, he's only just got back and there must be quite a backlog for him to get through

FABULOUS ICONS RIG, THANKS!!!!!

Bekki, thanks for the info, so I can blame the Americans for the turkeys then?

Comment

oh wow, i thought Samhain is a holiday from celtic culture, didn't know the teutons also celebrated it. well, it's their new Year so why not?! but i thought it was called different.

I love all these different influences from pagan and other cultures. Christianity tried to wipe out all these pagan traditions but all they achieved was the traditions lived on in their own religion i could talk hours about traditions and their origin

RiG they are awesome!!! thank you for sharing.

edit: no Martin in my shoe this morning

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
            oh wow, i thought Samhain is a holiday from celtic culture, didn't know the teutons also celebrated it. well, it's their new Year so why not?! but i thought it was called different.

I love all these different influences from pagan and other cultures. Christianity tried to wipe out all these pagan traditions but all they achieved was the traditions lived on in their own religion i could talk hours about traditions and their origin

RiG they are awesome!!! thank you for sharing.

edit: no Martin in my shoe this morning
            Samhain is generally the term we use for pagan new years - I'd say it's probable the teutons called it something different Maybe I should look it up
            sigpic

Comment

Dude, I just saw "Requiem".
              Spoiler:
              Martin should get an award for this thing. In fact he should get every award possible!!!! It was absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*fangurls Martin and Amanda and Robin and Damian for an amazing collaboration*

*goes of to watch again*
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, really looking forward to Monday now

And of course he should! After all, he is the Best Director ever Born

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                  Wow, really looking forward to Monday now

And of course he should! After all, he is the Best Director ever Born
                  OH yeah he definitely is!!

Gonna watch it soon as well...I think after work...have to get a present for mom now(it's moms Bday monday...but she celebrates it tomorrow)
                  sigpic

Comment

Hehe this thread is fun and educational!!! Thanks for the info Bekki, and love the icons RiG

Can't wait for Monday's Sanctuary...
                    sigpic
                    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                      Hehe this thread is fun and educational!!! Thanks for the info Bekki, and love the icons RiG

Can't wait for Monday's Sanctuary...
                      I came in to say ^ something like that as well
                      See? We The WooHoos are not only mastering the art of thunking, we're also great at other stuff
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Mastering the art of Thunking? I thought we were all pretty well practised at that already Or is this Nad protesting her innocence again?

Comment

Mastering the act of thunking- I don't thunk...I;m a very innocent little girl Young and innocent!!

As for educational...I love that

Martin is very good for us!
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh FCOL! Now there's two of them

*searching for an honest Thunker*

I'll go see Jumble, she knows how to properly respond to this........

See?

Comment

*raises hand* I thunk You're not alone
                              ((((Jumble))))
                              Hehe, sounds like Thunkers' Anonymous... my name is Josiane and I am a thunker
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Welcome Josiane.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X