• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well put Nad - that was pretty much my first reaction

Comment

*Runz in*

*gives squishy huggles*

So sorry about Nolamom. I didn't know her well, but she was a familiar and welcoming name on the forums. Joe gave a lovely tribute to her.

:'(
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
        OMG I can't believe it. I just saw in Joe's blog that Nola died
        I saw a post on FB and checked it out on Joe's blog. So very sad, but at least she went easily in her sleep.
        sigpic

Comment

In stunned at the sad news about Nola.
          She will be missed.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I’ve been trawling through my files, searching for the many artworks that Nola has contributed to this thread over the years. I don’t have them all, but I’m posting those I do have as a small tribute to a lovely lady who will be terribly missed by everyone who knew her.

…..continued……

Comment

….continued…..

Comment

….continued….

Comment

And her last Fluffy sig........

Sleep in peace Nolamom
                  xxx
                  Last edited by Jumble; 20 July 2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I just don't know whay to say. Rest in Peace Nola! You were a joy
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Oh what a lovely idea, Jumble! Lovely way to remember some of what she contributed to our little corner of the Internet.
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                        I just don't know whay to say. Rest in Peace Nola! You were a joy
                        I didn't know what to say either, hence the picspam. They say a picture paints a thousand words - so there you go then, there's our Nola

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                        Oh what a lovely idea, Jumble! Lovely way to remember some of what she contributed to our little corner of the Internet.
                        Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not, but wanted to do something to show our love for her.

Comment

Loved seeing the picspam

I've been feeling off all day and once again it hit me how much people you've never met can become a part of your life. I've known most of you longer than some RL friendships have held up. Nola was one of the people who was here before any of us and helped us all feel like home (even though I was a bit 'scared' of her at first. Young Shipper as I was and all... ).
                          I went and read her last post here (which is pretty much the most awesome one you could have on this thead) and I happened to have my cursor on her name so that the line 'Nolamom is offline' showed up and when I read it, it actually hurt, because we've suddenly lost one of our own and it sucks.

I sometimes wish I could be religious so I could believe in a heaven where everyone lives on, but I think our virtual little home makes a nice alternative.

Unless GW breaks again. Then we're doomed.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

The GW was not meant to sound insensitive.
                            I don't do sadness very well and get a little cross when confronted with death. I like to fight it with laughter and harsh jokes and hope it'll find me lame enough to go away
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*hugs Nad tightly* Beautifully said
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you Jumble for reminding us of her awesomeness.

I'll always remember Nola for her kindness: how she made all those wonderful gifs and smilie thingies (my lack of words is astounding but you get the idea) and how she always made time to explain things whenever someone needed help. I don't think that part came from being a teacher. I got the feeling she truly liked helping people.

We exchanged a few PMs over the years but I didn't know her personally. Yet she was part of my GW family and will be sorely missed.

I sincerely hope what remains of 2016 brings us more joy. It'll be in stark contrast to the first half of this year. We've seen far too many good folks leave us already.

I wish her family peace during these trying times. For the rest of my GW family, and many of you frequent this thread, it's time for a group hug.

((((((friends)))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X