No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite recent stresses (now completely gone away ), I think I'm more comfortable with life now than I have been in the past. I love my job, the families I'm working with at the moment are all really lovely, I have a truly awesome bunch of friends, money is less of an issue than it's ever been, and (probably very selfishly ) I love that I can pretty much do what I like, when I like

I think MM is just a natural-born comic - he can't help being incredibly funny all the time!

Comment

I'm glad you're more comfortable with life now. Yay for being able to do what you like, when you like. Boom!
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Boom! indeed

Comment

The problem I've been having at work is finally being taken more seriously as well, which has taken a great deal of stress out of my life.
          sigpic
          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Well it's about time! And good for you for not putting up with it

Comment

It's definitely about time! But better late than never.
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Work is SOOOO much better this year! The academic dean who made it her special mission to make teacher's lives (especially mine) hell has gone. I feel like dancing every day! To give you an example, she would send two word emails - "see me". Then she'd bring the roof down on you. One time, she complained that my lesson plans were not up on the website. I emailed all of them to her at once - over 60 of them - and inquired why she couldn't see them. She never said anything. Then, she complained that my classwork was not rigorous enough. So, I wrote a letter to the principal and told him that my work was the approved curriculum from the state board of education and that if she didn't like it, she should take it up with them. I never heard another peep from her about that! I guess the principal told her to shove it.
                sigpic

Comment

Ah, so lovely to see positive woohoos Wendy, I'm so pleased to hear that your work problem is being taken seriously at last. Thank goodness for that.

My stomach is just about starting to recover from last night's massive Anderson's dinner

(And I still finished all my sticky toffee pudding )
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thank you. Yeah, it's such a huge relief.

I'm pleased you finished your sticky toffee pudding! It would be a shock if you didn't!
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I have to admit though, it was a close run thing after stuffing myself with yummy breaded mushrooms followed by Stuart's amazing turkey dinner with all the trimmings Closest I've ever come to not finishing it.

The subsequent mince pie is what broke me though
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

But at least it was yummy and worth it.
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Nola, you have my fullest sympathy - I've been dealing with a particularly nasty OFSTED Inspector for the last several months, but I eventually proved myself and am very happy to never see her again

Wendy, we were all really stuffed full of awesome food and those sticky toffee puddings were the biggest I've ever seen

And I get to do it all over again with some other friends on Wednesday!

Comment

I'm really sorry I missed it! It sounds so gooooood.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

send me a slice of mince pie!
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X