• Show
Clear All

Absolutely!

Comment

Posting for Nola...

Comment

Hehe, nice advent Nola!

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        I'm now remembering the pancake carousel restaurant in Amsterdam where my sister and I ate every day when we went there years ago Savoury pancakes followed by sweet Gave myself a bad case of indigestion wolfing down an absolutely enormous confection of strawberries and cream before running through the rain to a concert at the Concertgebouw It was on Weteringschans, IIRC. Is it still there, Nad?

Yay for the advents
        It is!

I think we had plans to go there when you guys were in Amsterdam, but we didn't.
        Maybe because it was too hot? I can't remember.

Originally posted by Luvnjoe View Post
        *Neeeeeekiiiiiid!*

(Aren't you all glad I'm back?)
        Meh, sure.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          I think we had plans to go there when you guys were in Amsterdam, but we didn't.
          Maybe because it was too hot? I can't remember.
          Hot? HOT?? Try Sizzling! We could have cooked up those pancakes right there on the pavement it was so hot

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            I never mentioned anything about growing UP!

Today I was out doing my Xmas shopping and decided to stop at IHOP (International House of Pancakes) for dinner. Best pumpkin pancakes! Reminds me of Vancouver and the Sanctuary event. One night a whole bunch of us went to IHOP for dinner. Don't know what it is but everyone loved having breakfast for dinner. I guess that isn't done much outside the US? My Mom and I use to do it every once in awhile - and IHOP was always our favorite place to do that!
            We will have to do that at Gatecon Laurie!

Hi all, long time no talk. Hope everyone is well. Ordering a ticket tomorrow for AT9 which makes me think of all of you
            I have also decided to go to Gatecon. Will say hi to Martin from all if I get the chance. Miss you kids.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              We will have to do that at Gatecon Laurie!

Hi all, long time no talk. Hope everyone is well. Ordering a ticket tomorrow for AT9 which makes me think of all of you
              I have also decided to go to Gatecon. Will say hi to Martin from all if I get the chance. Miss you kids.
              I won't be going to Gatecon but will try and get up there over the weekend so I can go out one night with everyone. I'll also have my car! Unfortunately, can't do both events this (or next) year. I've had some very major expenses this year so money is a little tight. But sure I can swing one night at a hotel so I can visit with people - eat some pancakes maybe? I'll let you know whats happening closer to the event and maybe someone can tell me which day would be best!
              sigpic

Comment

Soooo looking forward to tomorrow's WooHooMeet at Anderson's with Josi, Sarai, Cags, Ben and Kirstin! The December/Christmassy menu is absolutely Awesome!!!

Comment

Comment

They're here!!!

Comment

You girls have a lovely time! I just realized that I haven't put together/sent off my order for my annual calendar from the printer. I haven't made much artwork this year, so some of it will have to be photos that I took. But the family always likes getting the calendars with the special dates like birthdays and anniversaries already printed on them.
                      sigpic

Comment

We had a brilliant time! Although when we got back to mine we were all too stuffed to swallow even one glass of wine

Some of us did make up for it later

Comment

Comment

A
                            Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Ah, you young 'uns have no understanding of age - when I was your age the idea of being 62 horrified me, but I've realised it doesn't matter a damn what the numbers are, it's how you feel that matters

In that respect, I'm younger than you
                            Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Oh Scully - so sorry to hear about your Mom. Hope she feels well quickly - and tell her to say "if you think I look bad - you should see the other guy." Then just smile.

And now for that age issue Wendy - 32 and you are feeling old? Oh you have to be kidding me. I'm going to be 69 on my next birthday and if anyone dares call me old to my face....I'l, I'll oh you don't want to know what I would do! Seriously - like Jumble - at the age of 30 I thought even being 60 was like almost being dead. However, now that I am approaching the cusp of turning 70 - not so old anymore. That is until I try waking up or moving!
                            I didn't say I was feeling old and that I thought being in my 30s was old. I said I couldn't deny being in them. So no, I don't feel old. And no I don't see age as a problem or something to worry about. However, time does go quickly and it doesn't seem like it's been enough years for me to be in my 30s yet. When I was younger, I didn't believe I'd reach them. Not because they seemed far away but because of everything that was going on in my life. And that's more what it is about for me. But so far my 30s are my favourite by miles.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Ah, I think a little misunderstanding took place I'm really happy for you that you're enjoying life now

How was your trip to Liverpool? Soooo jealous of you seeing Michael McIntre

Comment

It's okay. No worries. I just wanted to clarify where I was coming from Yeah life is much better at this age than it was in my 20s.

Liverpool was great. Very windy though. My hat nearly flew away And I've caught a cold. Booo. Michael McIntyre was so funny! I know he is always funny, but I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard!
                                sigpic
                                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Working...
                                X