• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say 'enjoy' but I'm not sure that's entirely the right word
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

As long as Tyrion keeps his head whilst all about him are losing theirs, I'll be happy

Comment

*runs in screaming and flailing wildly*

JUMBLE!!!! TOM BURKE'S GOING TO BE AT LFCC!!!!!

*flails some more*
        sigpic

Comment

Hang on, I'm still reeling from the GoT finale I think my neighbours might have heard the shrieks of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" before I realised what had actually happened

Spoiler:
          Glad to see the creators got their act together in the end - almost made up for the nothingness of the first 7 eps

LFCC - 17th to 19th July? I can't go

Comment

Sadface I'd love to have seen you meet him!

And GoT, well yes! I wasn't surprised because, you know, books, but still. Next season's going to be interesting because they've basically caught up with the books now so no one has any idea what's going to happen : eek: I'll be watching it blind like the rest of you
            sigpic

Comment

You'll think me strange, but I'm not keen to meet Tom. It's Athos that I love and I don't want to risk being disillusioned by meeting the actor behind him - weird? Probably, but that's how I feel *shrugs*

The 17th is the end of term here so I will be dashing about picking up extra children because the schools all finish early - as if the teachers need an extra afternoon off right before the six week break (Sorry Nola - I know you teachers work hard and I wouldn't have your job for quids, but those extra few hours cause havoc for working parents and childcare professionals ) On the 19th Eva is being chirstened and as I'm her Godmother there's no way I can not be there.

GoT

Spoiler:
              I've never particularly liked Jon, but I was surprised and disappointed that they killed him off like that. I'm assuming Arya is dead, so we probably won't be seeing Jaqen anymore Glad to see Brienne finish off Stannis after what he did to his daughter last week But having killed off so many of the main characters, where do we go from there?

And I don't like Tyrion's beard

So I'm left with really mixed feelings about S5 and how S6 will shape up.
              Last edited by Jumble; 16 June 2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                You'll think me strange, but I'm not keen to meet Tom. It's Athos that I love and I don't want to risk being disillusioned by meeting the actor behind him - weird? Probably, but that's how I feel *shrugs*
                Ah, fair enough I'm super excited though! It'd be amazing if they got any of the others too, though my bank balance may not quite agree

The 17th is the end of term here so I will be dashing about picking up extra children because the schools all finish early - as if the teachers need an extra afternoon off right before the six week break (Sorry Nola - I know you teachers work hard and I wouldn't have your job for quids, but those extra few hours cause havoc for working parents and childminders ) On the 19th Eva is being chirstened and as I'm her Godmother there's no way I can not be there.
                Aw! That's far more important

GoT

Spoiler:
                I've never particularly liked Jon, but I was surprised and disappointed that they killed him off like that. I'm assuming Arya is dead, so we probably won't be seeing Jaqen anymore Glad to see Brienne finish off Stannis after what he did to his daughter last week But having killed off so many of the main characters, where do we go from there?

And I don't like Tyrion's beard

So I'm left with really mixed feelings about S5 and how S6 will shape up.
                Spoiler:
                Now see I do like Jon and am kind of in denial and hoping he won't actually be dead, or he'll only be scifi dead and will come back I've been clinging to the idea that he's not actually dead ever since reading that scene in the books and I'm not planning on stopping now! Arya, who knows? That whole storyline is very weird. But it was a bit of a bloodbath

I did love how they left Tyrion and the others in Meereen. And I loved when Varys appeared out of nowhere - the prospect of the Tyrion-Varys double act continuing next year is excellent.

I also thought they did the Cersei walk of shame excellently. Such a powerful scene and so difficult to watch.

I agree that this season has been a bit up and down - rather too little for ages and ages and then BAM EVERYTHING HAPPENING all in the last three eps. But at the same time it seems to have gone past really fast and I can't quite believe it's over for another year already
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I'm sure if Aramis/Santiago were to turn up your bank balance could be pummelled into submission

GoT

Spoiler:
                  I must admit, I'm kind of hoping the same about Jon, and also that there'll be a reason for Jaqen to stay on my screen

Oh, yes - it'll be interesting to see how the Meereen storyline continues. And I was wondering where Varys had got to - I quite like him

Cersei - much as I dislike her I did feel a little sorry and uncomfortable for her, and I would dearly have loved to shove that handbell down the throat of that nun - she was enjoying her maltreatment of Cersei far too much for my liking. Very ungodly! But I'm guessing that Cersei's presence will continue to be felt despite her humiliation.

I did see Jaime's daughter's death coming (can't remember her name offhand) - that kiss was really rather odd and highly suspicious I thought. But now they have the Prince of Dawn (Dorne? - wine does rather interfere with my spelling ) in their clutches.

The British do seem to keep their show seasons very short........... how long now until we get Athos The Musketeers back? I have this odd craving...........

Comment

So who do you think is behind the mask of the 'anonymous' guard?

My money is on

Spoiler:
                    The Hound!

Comment

Oh, I'm sure if Aramis/Santiago were to turn up your bank balance could be pummelled into submission
                      My credit card would have scorch marks on it

GoT

Spoiler:
                      I must admit, I'm kind of hoping the same about Jon, and also that there'll be a reason for Jaqen to stay on my screen

Oh, yes - it'll be interesting to see how the Meereen storyline continues. And I was wondering where Varys had got to - I quite like him

Cersei - much as I dislike her I did feel a little sorry and uncomfortable for her, and I would dearly have loved to shove that handbell down the throat of that nun - she was enjoying her maltreatment of Cersei far too much for my liking. Very ungodly! But I'm guessing that Cersei's presence will continue to be felt despite her humiliation.

I did see Jaime's daughter's death coming (can't remember her name offhand) - that kiss was really rather odd and highly suspicious I thought. But now they have the Prince of Dawn (Dorne? - wine does rather interfere with my spelling ) in their clutches.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don't think Arya's storyline is done so I'm anticipating more Jaqen. I may be wrong, but that's my feeling on that one.

I was looking forward to Cersei's storyline playing out as it's always stuck in my mind from the books. You know they're written from multiple PoVs, chapters at a time? We don't get into Cersei's mind until quite late on, and then when we do finally see inside her head, and with all the scenes where she's imprisoned and leading up to the walk, it's very cleverly done. She's an awful person but he makes her thought processes terrifyingly logical. And where we haven't really had that on screen, as it doesn't work that way, I thought they did a fantastic job of making you sympathise with her in that scene, where you pretty much never have had cause to before. Impressive.

Myrcella is her name. And yes, the old poisoned-lipstick trick Dorne hasn't really worked very well this season though, much less interesting than in the books. They've made it more one-dimensional and it's a lot more complex than that. Still, they'll be around next season too I'm sure so there's time to redeem it

The British do seem to keep their show seasons very short........... how long now until we get Athos The Musketeers back? I have this odd craving...........

I can't imagine what craving that might be But yes, it's a long hiatus It'll probably be January, judging on the past two. They're filming eps 3 & 4 now I believe.

So who do you think is behind the mask of the 'anonymous' guard?

My money is on

Spoiler:
                      The Hound!
                      Spoiler:
                      Nope, his brother, the Mountain. Did you see how big he was?! Plus the Hound died in the middle of nowhere, so how would Qyburn have got hold of his body?
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Yes I did think he was a bit too big - just wishful thinking Hope you're right about Jaqen - I do enjoy him

Comment

All gorgeous men aside (criminal, I know) I I am having a delightful time in Maine on my sistercation. Went to a botanical garden today that was lovely, and HUGE!
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear you're enjoying your trip

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

I do love the word 'sistercation', Nola

Who wants to give me hugs?
                              I've been feeling kind of down the past week and I need hugs.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*squishy huggles Nad and sends lots of pick-you-up vibes*

Comment

Working...
                                X