X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*prays*
    Hugs
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Oh Scully that's horrendous Sending you and yours all the good thoughts in the world. *hugs*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thinking of you and your family, Scully *hugs*
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*sends good vibes, happy thoughts and BIG huggles to Scully* I hope he gets the help he needs.

Comment

When a young person says things like that it sends a chill up my spine. Just be sure to take him serious - hopefully he will get the therapy he needs. He needs to find that he in not only a worthy person but he is useful and necessary and loved by his family. Keep telling him this - it will take a long time but eventually and hopefully he will understand. Eventually, he will begin to realize the value he has and it would be a total waste for him to do anything to himself. I've dealt with this before (fortunately not in my immediate family but with friends). It takes a lot of patience and time, but with a little good fortune, he will become the striving and useful person he is meant to be.
            sigpic

Comment

Scully, I'm so glad that family members are taking this very seriously and are seeking treatment. Many, many good vibes sent y'all's way!
              sigpic

Comment

*hugs Scully* hope he gets the treatment he needs

*waves* hello from Germany! Away with work at the moment, but flying home today (thank goodness as I'm exhausted!) sat in the airport so a great opportunity to catch up with the thread!

Jumble so sorry to hear about your toe, *hugs* for that and for the other stuff, hope things start to pick up soon

Musketeers

Spoiler:
                As usual didn't manage to watch this until the day after (why oh why did they have to change it to a Friday night?!). Thoroughly enjoyed the ep though, thought Tom Burke excelled himself. Superb acting and a great plot with lots of juicy lines for all of them. Personally I'd prefer actually getting clues to the Porthos' father storyline rather than them just paying it lip service, but I suspect we'll have to wait for it all to come out in
                Spoiler:
                episode 8
                . Catherine was a very interesting character and looking forward to seeing how the storyline between her and Milady develops, fingers crossed it'll be a good'un!

I don't know why but this week more than any other I seem to have developed a very strong appreciation for Porthos' hat. It's a great hat... *drifts off*

Probably should copy this over on to the Musketeers thread

Comment

Thank you everybody. I'm still waiting. My dad texted me last night to tell me that my nephew was still in the ER under evaluation. I, too, hope that they can help him figure everything out. And, yes, Laurie, despite our anger at the situation, we are trying to just be there and let him know he's loved no matter what. I say anger, because unfortunately, our family has been through this before (my cousin should be 37 this year but killed himself at 19) so our feelings are very strong about the subject.

I also just found out about the death of a friend's mother after a long battle with leukemia.

So, glass-half-full...I used to be in Student Ministry at my church and I have a group of girls who I've been kind of a big sister/Mom#2 to for the last few years. I got to spend some time last night with one of my girls. She is 20, newly married, and pregnant But, her hubby just re-enlisted in the military so she's going through the pregnancy without him. She lives at home with her folks and they have a pretty full house right now and its a very negative environment so she has an open invite at my place. After the day I had, it was great to just hang out and talk about baby stuff and eat chocolate
                  sigpic

----------
                  FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                    Thank you everybody. I'm still waiting. My dad texted me last night to tell me that my nephew was still in the ER under evaluation. I, too, hope that they can help him figure everything out. And, yes, Laurie, despite our anger at the situation, we are trying to just be there and let him know he's loved no matter what. I say anger, because unfortunately, our family has been through this before (my cousin should be 37 this year but killed himself at 19) so our feelings are very strong about the subject.
                    I have had 2 friend while in college do that and I never really understood. One had excellent grades but during finals he just killed himself in his room. He hated taking tests even through he always did well. Sadly his roommate discovered him. Plus a drunk driver kill a cousin years ago. The guy got off with one year in jail and a few years probation. This was all that happened to him after killing a 19 year old straight A university student. The first one in his family to go to college, their only son and first born. That was a hard thing to go through.
                    sigpic

Comment

*hugs Woohoos*

Very belated happy birthday to Laurie.

*hugs Jumble for the toe*

*sends hugs to Scully and family*
                      That's awful.
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I also just found out about the death of a friend's mother after a long battle with leukemia.
                        So sorry that you and your family have to go through this. I hope you all find a way through this, your nephew included.

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        I have had 2 friend while in college do that and I never really understood. One had excellent grades but during finals he just killed himself in his room.
                        Some people can fight through anything, others are hardwired to be sad no matter how good things should be. I think a lot of people don't understand that sadness isn't even the whole of it. Sometimes it's worse to be in situations where you should be overjoyed, but not really feel anything. It's a disease and its sufferers need support and patience. You can't really look at it from a mentally healthy viewpoint.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Hey WooHoos...it's really f*ing cold! No school today. Out of the blue, before we even had a chance to worry about it, our neighbors volunteered to babysit Our kids ride the bus together and are in the same grades (K and 2). So they get an all-day playdate today. Very nice surprise.

I spoke briefly to my sister yesterday. My nephew was admitted on Tuesday night. Not sure how long they'll keep him, but she's feeling optimistic about the whole thing. My daughter and I will be travelling down there either tomorrow night or Saturday morning depending on the weather. My niece turned 6 this week and her party is Saturday. Keeping things normal for the little ones. My plan : me, my sister, a bottle of wine, and a Stargate/Star Trek marathon...and chocolate of course there will be chocolate.
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Hey WooHoos...it's really f*ing cold! No school today. Out of the blue, before we even had a chance to worry about it, our neighbors volunteered to babysit Our kids ride the bus together and are in the same grades (K and 2). So they get an all-day playdate today. Very nice surprise.

I spoke briefly to my sister yesterday. My nephew was admitted on Tuesday night. Not sure how long they'll keep him, but she's feeling optimistic about the whole thing. My daughter and I will be travelling down there either tomorrow night or Saturday morning depending on the weather. My niece turned 6 this week and her party is Saturday. Keeping things normal for the little ones. My plan : me, my sister, a bottle of wine, and a Stargate/Star Trek marathon...and chocolate of course there will be chocolate.
                            There has to be chocolate!
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me Scully, except that I have to take issue with you on the 'a bottle of wine' part - I really think that should read 'several bottles of wine'

I am finished work for the week and now have a three-day week-end all to myself

Yes, yes - one bottle of wine is already down...........

Comment

OOh, Jumble, me likes the way you thinks
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X