No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a guinea pig growing up...His name was Piggy. Not very original I know, but it suited him. He used to run around the house and would oink when you opened the fridge and coming running for a carrot He was awesome!
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

your children ought to really enjoy watching them
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        They're guinea pigs Laurie - both girls
        Well they are cute. Will you let them run around or will you have to keep them in a cage? Never had a guinea pig before. Only dogs, cats, a parakeet and fish (and my brother actually had the fish)!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
          I had a guinea pig growing up...His name was Piggy. Not very original I know, but it suited him. He used to run around the house and would oink when you opened the fridge and coming running for a carrot He was awesome!
          I used to have a black and brown rabbit called Lickrish - his favourite trick was to wait until I'd almost caught him then run away - I swear he was laughing!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          your children ought to really enjoy watching them
          They will And guinea pigs are easier than rabbits for the kids to hold and pet

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Well they are cute. Will you let them run around or will you have to keep them in a cage? Never had a guinea pig before. Only dogs, cats, a parakeet and fish (and my brother actually had the fish)!
          They'll mostly be caged indoors in the winter but allowed to run around in the conservatory. In the summer they'll be outside during the day and brought in at night - don't want to provide the foxes with anymore fodder

Comment

Oh heavens no! The coyotes got one of my daughter's cats. Can't blame predators for their nature, but you don't need to give them gifts either!
            sigpic

Comment

My house backs onto open gorseland, and a few years ago it was decided to allow a local farmer to graze his cattle there. To prevent the cattle from injury, the farmer filled in all the rabbit holes thereby cutting off the foxes' natural food supply. The foxes then started coming into our gardens and killing domestic pets. I'd kept rabbits and guinea pigs here for 20+ years without a problem, but I lost all of mine within a couple of weeks despite my efforts to keep them safe I really missed having pets I know it wasn't the foxes' fault, but that didn't make it hurt any less. So that is why, this time, I've gone for little guinea pigs because they are easier to keep safe indoors than rabbits would be

Comment

So awful! Losing a pet is terrible under any circumstances. It will be good, given the state of your "greenbelt" to be able to bring them in at night.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes

Lickrish was the only one that the foxes didn't get because his hutch was in the shed. Ironically, he developed a cancerous growth in his gut and had to be put to sleep. I cried for days

I've just been listening to a debate on whether it's ok for people to treat their pets like humans, or as if they are their children, or whether it's a weird/silly/mad thing to do. Personally, I don't think anyone has the right to tell another how he/she should feel about their pet - it's nobody else's business. I do roll my eyes when I see cats/dogs/whatever dressed up in fancy dress, but as long as the animal is being well cared for and is happy I really don't care if their 'owners' like to dress them up and enter them into contests or whatever. Who the heck am I to interfere or judge? At that last visit to the vet with Lickrish, I was apologizing for my tears, saying "I know he's just a rabbit, but....." and the vet told me that it doesn't matter how large or small a pet is they can all be equally loved and missed when they are gone. True

Comment

If an animal is family, with the same kind of medical care, who has the right to make any comments?
                    sigpic

Comment

No-one

Tonight I will have the pleasure of spending two hours learning about Safeguarding Children. Thank you OFSTED, that's something I have always wanted to know about .... again.... and again..... and.......
                      Last edited by Jumble; 22 October 2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Well, it looks like my hair is now fully grown out. No more blond, only grey/white and some of my original color (not quite sure but a reddish brown) is located in the lower area mainly the back of my head. But, mainly white and a beigie grey!

So now, the question is - do I leave it this color and never ever have to color or highlight it again? Saves a lot of time, a whole bunch of nuisance and quite a bit of money - coloring not too bad since I do it myself but - streaking it costs me a fortune since it is done in a shop about 2 to 3 times a year. So now what????

Any thoughts! Anyone???
                        sigpic

Comment

Ahoy ahoy!

I vote leave as is Ilp, save some money

Whilst im in the vicinity

*hugs all round*

and... does anyone know anything about Lantern City? I did think I saw MW was involved in it somehow? yet not been able to get hold of the book, let alone heard anything about the show?
                          sigpic
                          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            Ahoy ahoy!

I vote leave as is Ilp, save some money

Whilst im in the vicinity *hugs all round*

and... does anyone know anything about Lantern City? I did think I saw MW was involved in it somehow? yet not been able to get hold of the book, let alone heard anything about the show?
                            A quote from the internet: "The new Steampunk show Lantern City, from executive producer Bruce Boxleitner, is an exciting foray into fan-inspired and fan-created television. It combines first-rate storytelling, innovative production design, and a rich world that fans will fall in love with. Even though it will blend great science fiction with dynamic storylines, at its heart the show asks two questions: how far would you go to be with the person you love and what lengths would you go to in order to survive?"

There is a lot of info on it if you look it up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Woohoos. I really need hugs right now I've had another flood from the flat above, only this time much much worse. The hot water tank up there split and sent vast quantities of water down through my whole flat. The whole place is drenched and uninhabitable. My furniture is almost all a write-off though thankfully my possessions are almost all ok because the various bits of furniture protected them - my books, clothes, DVDs, computer, kitchen stuff, all fine. But it's going to be a while before life gets back to normal. I'm at my parents' now but still don't know about alternative accommodation for the longer term while they get it all fixed - hoping that will get sorted out over the next few days.

So I will probably be a bit quiet for a while My family's been amazing rallying round me and looking after me, and work has been very sympathetic. It's upsetting and stressful but I know it will all be ok in the end.

Ugh. When will life let us Woohoos catch a break?!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*sends mahoosive hugs and feel better vibes*

Just when you'd got it all sorted how you wanted it

Comment

Working...
                                X