The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    I hate domestic animals out on their own and alone.
    Have you put out notices with pictures. He may find the adventure interesting but miss all the daily food and luv he gets. He may just not know the way home. Give him some help by posting some pictures or a picture of him with the location .... it can get posted on FB and maybe.....
    I hate it when people who have cats (or dogs) abandon them for whatever reason and leave them outside to fend for themselves. I've had a cat coming around my house for a couple of years that I thought belonged to someone and who was just an outdoor cat. More recently, I realized he was getting a lot of matting in his fur and had some problems going on in his ears. He was friendly; he let me pet him. He would flop over on his back and let me rub his tummy. I started putting out some food for him and he gobbled it up. I might have taken him in, except my cat had a hissy fit over that and chased him across the street as though she was defending her house. So, one day I took the cat carrier out on the porch and let him check it over and he didn't seem afraid of it, and actually seemed to know what it was, and wasn't much upset when I put him in it. I took him to the animal shelter and they discovered he had a chip in him. Unfortunately, the phone number that went with it was disconnected, so he's going up for adoption soon, and I keep hoping he finds a really good home.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Have you got a photo of him that can be copied on a poster and then posted around the neighborhood in case people see him and want to help him find his way home?
      I hate it when people who have cats (or dogs) abandon them for whatever reason and leave them outside to fend for themselves. I've had a cat coming around my house for a couple of years that I thought belonged to someone and who was just an outdoor cat. More recently, I realized he was getting a lot of matting in his fur and had some problems going on in his ears. He was friendly; he let me pet him. He would flop over on his back and let me rub his tummy. I started putting out some food for him and he gobbled it up. I might have taken him in, except my cat had a hissy fit over that and chased him across the street as though she was defending her house. So, one day I took the cat carrier out on the porch and let him check it over and he didn't seem afraid of it, and actually seemed to know what it was, and wasn't much upset when I put him in it. I took him to the animal shelter and they discovered he had a chip in him. Unfortunately, the phone number that went with it was disconnected, so he's going up for adoption soon, and I keep hoping he finds a really good home.
      That's my problem: he was a fairly recent adoption and sadly it's the only cat who hasn't a photo. That's how we adopted him in the first place: his mother used to visit us for food and one day she brought the family. Well, we searched for the family. The missing cat was the only kitten she didn't reject. The other surviving kitten is my other cat Rita. She was rejected, the poor thing. So we picked her up or she would have died. Meanwhile,a few weeks later, we adopted the mother and the kitten she kept.
      Fausto, that 's his name, already has all the shots he required and we were treating him for an hear infection.

We talked with the local vet, which is a point where people who find abandoned cats go to. That's my only hope. And I keep walking around places we've seen the cat and the mother before and other places in the vicinity.
      But it's complicated: with the recession, there are a lot of abandoned animals here and the layout of the neighborhood doesn't help.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

*sneaks shyly back into the thread*

ahoy all... I am so ashamed to have been away from my home (away from home) for yet another stupid amount of time... I hope someone remembers me in here lol!!

I am officially in love... it has been madness... and there have been so many hurdles - still many to overcome - but yes, I am blaming HIM for my absence

And lack of ability to focus on ANYTHING at all

But I wanted to try get back on here more often and catch up, and hugs and love to u all and I hope you're all well and happy <3

*prances out*
        sigpic
        ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          That's my problem: he was a fairly recent adoption and sadly it's the only cat who hasn't a photo. That's how we adopted him in the first place: his mother used to visit us for food and one day she brought the family. Well, we searched for the family. The missing cat was the only kitten she didn't reject. The other surviving kitten is my other cat Rita. She was rejected, the poor thing. So we picked her up or she would have died. Meanwhile,a few weeks later, we adopted the mother and the kitten she kept.
          Fausto, that 's his name, already has all the shots he required and we were treating him for an hear infection.

We talked with the local vet, which is a point where people who find abandoned cats go to. That's my only hope. And I keep walking around places we've seen the cat and the mother before and other places in the vicinity.
          But it's complicated: with the recession, there are a lot of abandoned animals here and the layout of the neighborhood doesn't help.
          I had a visit at the doctor today, and when I was through I went to the coffee shop in the same building for a coffee and when I left I noticed a group of "older" folks sitting at one of the tables outside the coffee shop and they were talking about cats and birds, and one of the men was saying something about how upset he was about how stray cats were killing birds and how people in his neighborhood were talking about shooting the cats to protect the birds, and it made me so mad, I actually considered deliberately tripping and dumping my coffee all over him and then "apologizing" and saying something like "I was so stunned by what a stupid comment you made about shooting cats that I just couldn't help myself. Apparently you don't know that it is illegal to shoot cats or dogs, and if I knew where you live I'd go to the police and tell them so they could monitor your neighborhood for people shooting cats .... " It's now several hours later and I'm still mad! Aaaaaargh!

Comment

watch your blood pressure! Anger can be a trigger.

actually, I am very happy. My blood pressure has been relatively stable for four whole days now. I literally feel better than I have in more than a year and a half.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              watch your blood pressure! Anger can be a trigger.

actually, I am very happy. My blood pressure has been relatively stable for four whole days now. I literally feel better than I have in more than a year and a half.
              Thanks for the concern. I'm fine now. My blood pressure is often sort of low (once it was even 96/60 - but I was told even that was okay???) Good to know you're feeling better too. Let's both keep it that way.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAD!

Comment

And welcome back to the WooHooniverse Amy

Comment

I had a visit at the doctor today, and when I was through I went to the coffee shop in the same building for a coffee and when I left I noticed a group of "older" folks sitting at one of the tables outside the coffee shop and they were talking about cats and birds, and one of the men was saying something about how upset he was about how stray cats were killing birds and how people in his neighborhood were talking about shooting the cats to protect the birds, and it made me so mad, I actually considered deliberately tripping and dumping my coffee all over him and then "apologizing" and saying something like "I was so stunned by what a stupid comment you made about shooting cats that I just couldn't help myself. Apparently you don't know that it is illegal to shoot cats or dogs, and if I knew where you live I'd go to the police and tell them so they could monitor your neighborhood for people shooting cats .... " It's now several hours later and I'm still mad! Aaaaaargh!
                    People have no regard for human life, how can they be sympathetic to the animal one? Sorry, in my book killing an animal is not such a far away step from killing a human. But I'm strange.

On a happier note:Oh, Happy birthday Nad.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Jumble and JW!
                      *hands out the Special broccoli*
                      *shimmies*

*hugs Amy*
                      Good to see you!

And serial killers often start their careers by killing animals, so...

*hugs WooHoos*
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*joins hug fest*
                        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday NAD!

And if anyone needs any broccoli - come on over for a visit. You can buy that at speciality stores in Washington (Colorado also)!
                          sigpic

Comment

And to keep the good news coming: I found my cat! *happy dance*
                            sigpic

Comment

*swipes piece of special broccoli*
                              *coughs*

Happy Birthday Nad!!!

Hope you're having a fabulous day

And welcome back Amy! Sounds like a pretty good excuse for being absent

Fantastic news, JW!
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Thanks Laurie and Josi!

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                And if anyone needs any broccoli - come on over for a visit. You can buy that at speciality stores in Washington (Colorado also)!
                                I'm getting my daily dose of broccoli inhaling in the Amsterdam subway

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                And to keep the good news coming: I found my cat! *happy dance*
                                Yay!
                                *happy dances along*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X