No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah Laurie, some people are just really private people. I've have health and personal stuff in my life that I have not told my family about; frankly it's none of their business is how I see it. Just how it is, don't let it bother you.

Yay Nad, that's super brilliant awesome news. But you can never have too many positive vibes so here's some more. ++++

On the ice bucket thing, I guess that's my main reason for not doing it. I do donate to charities but I do so quietly and of my own choosing. Some of my friends said they felt really bullied into doing it. Peer pressure should not be a good reason to do something charitable, IMO.

Nice one Josi. I did a few days with 4 of the littlies over the summer (age range 4 to 9 years). The boys were fine, they just went off quietly and did boy stuff. The girls though... ohmygoodness high maintenance wanting to bake and do hair and loom bands and make up and all sorts of girly things! Don't get me wrong, I can do girly like a pro, but it was exhausting. It made me so very glad I only have one and he's a boy. Silver linings and all that.

But yes, definitely respect to Jumble and all those others who have raised more than one babe at the same time.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks

And on that subject - there are toys all over the place, my knees are tired from crawling around the floor playing kiddie games, my face is sore from laughing so much and there's a faint smell of poo in the atmosphere............ Yes, I've got a new little boy to look after and life is back to normal

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
        On the ice bucket thing, I guess that's my main reason for not doing it. I do donate to charities but I do so quietly and of my own choosing. Some of my friends said they felt really bullied into doing it. Peer pressure should not be a good reason to do something charitable, IMO.
        Totally agreed.

Nice one Josi. I did a few days with 4 of the littlies over the summer (age range 4 to 9 years). The boys were fine, they just went off quietly and did boy stuff. The girls though... ohmygoodness high maintenance wanting to bake and do hair and loom bands and make up and all sorts of girly things! Don't get me wrong, I can do girly like a pro, but it was exhausting. It made me so very glad I only have one and he's a boy. Silver linings and all that.

But yes, definitely respect to Jumble and all those others who have raised more than one babe at the same time.
        Alastair's quite good at occupying himself, but James is a complete attention suck and very demanding! He decided he wanted to bake too at one point, and wore me down with relentless logic ("there's not enough flour" - "we can go to the shop" - "but Alastair's asleep" - "he's in his buggy already" - "but we don't want to wake him up" - "we can be very quiet"). I've always been the one who wins arguments, and yet my not-quite-four-year-old nephew beat me hands down

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        Thanks

And on that subject - there are toys all over the place, my knees are tired from crawling around the floor playing kiddie games, my face is sore from laughing so much and there's a faint smell of poo in the atmosphere............ Yes, I've got a new little boy to look after and life is back to normal
        Hurrah! That's wonderful news, I'm so pleased
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
          Totally agreed.

Alastair's quite good at occupying himself, but James is a complete attention suck and very demanding! He decided he wanted to bake too at one point, and wore me down with relentless logic ("there's not enough flour" - "we can go to the shop" - "but Alastair's asleep" - "he's in his buggy already" - "but we don't want to wake him up" - "we can be very quiet"). I've always been the one who wins arguments, and yet my not-quite-four-year-old nephew beat me hands down
          Your mistake there was to enter into any kind of discussion because then you've walked right into his trap! Your answer should have been a definite 'No' from the start

Hurrah! That's wonderful news, I'm so pleased
          Thank you - so am I Seriously, why did I ever think I could ever do anything that didn't involve children?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Your mistake there was to enter into any kind of discussion because then you've walked right into his trap! Your answer should have been a definite 'No' from the start
            Yes. I realised that far too late
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Childminding 101

Comment

Yep, I've been caught in the negotiation trap one to many times. The older they get the more they have a flipping answer to everything. Benjabubs... delightful polite young man to everyone else. To me, Mr Backchat knowitall. And it's never his fault. Give. Me. Strength.

Aweseme news Jumble... well except for the bit about the poo.
                sigpic

Comment

Poo is just a small minus of the job - amply made up for on the plus side

Comment

I usually agree with keeping things private, but my brother didn't do that. Apparently everyone he knew had known for years about him being a diabetic. Only him Mom and sister were not advised. My brother and I use to be so close when we were younger - time just seemed to separate us more and more!

And as for my dad not saying anything....that I don't agree with. He kept himself just a little away from us all and I grew up thinking I was always a real disappointment to him. He only seemed to relate to my brother. No matter what I did, he barely talked to me or acknowledged my existance. That is really hard for a kid to grow up with. They always had these movies with father/daugher relationships being so important....I never felt I had that. Thank goodness my Mom understood and did her best to fill the gap. And in later life he did a few things that really upset me, so much so that I barely talked to him for years. These are years stoolen from me because he couldn't share just a little. It wasn't until my father was almost dead did I realize he even knew I existed. And then it made me feel like a bigger heal. Unfortunately, by then it was almost too late. We never really got close after I was about 5 or 6 years old.
                    sigpic

Comment

So happy that Nad's mum is doing well. And Jumble has the pitter-patter of tiny feet again! As for distant parents, yep, been there. One can't help but wonder, growing up, if you mean anything at all but another mouth to feed? I know that I never let my girls feel like that, and now we have a wonderful, close, adult relationship. My "baby" turned 35 this week
                      sigpic

Comment

So glad to hear the news about your mom Nad! That is wonderful! ((huggles to you both))
                        sigpic
                        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Thanks again or all the hugs and good vibes

Yay for the new baby Jumble!

And parents oh well. The good and the bad thing is that they're the people you learn from the most.
                          I'm very close to my mom, but never had that close of a bond with my dad, while my brother always had a much better understanding with him. That also translates in how we interpreted certain things. My brother recently mentioned how my dad has told him that he's proud of me, and all I could think was ''Well, it wood have been nice if he had told me that when I was in my uncertain, approval-seeking stage of my life''.
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

sigpic

Comment

LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Heh. Cute gif, Nola!

We have men under our house this week.
                                With really big tools.
                                You know... to fix the plumbing.

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X