• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hug in a box

sigpic

Comment

I knew you wood Nola Well done!

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss, Cags -- big squishy hugs and prayers!

Things still SUCK on the work front, but I actually have HAPPY news today.
        The insurance adjuster came yesterday to look at the damage from the flood. I had very low expectations. I figured they'd probably cover the clean-up and carpet replacement and be on their way. Turns out this flooding was a blessing in disguise! Not only did they cover the expense of cleaning, they are covering the cost of completely re-doing the kids' room (floors, walls, painting), ripping out all of the tile and replacing with our flooring of choice, inspecting the furnace, water heater, and washer/dryer AND this is the biggie...we are getting a new ROOF! So, excited. This was something that we knew would need replacing when we bought the house a little over a year ago, but recent storm damage has pushed it up the priority list. We had no idea how we were going to afford it. Neither of us had any idea that the insurance company would even be checking on that so this was a huge surprise! I think we both feel like we just got a little more breathing room. Ah, the glories of being a home owner!
        sigpic

----------
        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

That's fantastic, Scully! Awesome that they've come up trumps like that

Love the hug-in-a-box, Nola
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Love the hug in a box. Is there any chocolate lurking in the bottom of it?

Great news IDK! That's a helluva silver lining there.

*squishy huggles Woohoos*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              Love the hug in a box. Is there any chocolate lurking in the bottom of it?

Great news IDK! That's a helluva silver lining there.

*squishy huggles Woohoos*
              sigpic

Comment

Mmm...wishing I had a 3-D printer ^^^
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Seriously, is there anything more annoying than to wait around all day for a delivery only to get an email at 6.30pm saying that it's going to be delivered two days later instead? And no reason given!

*steals chocolate and stomps off in a huff*

Comment

sigpic

Comment

So, yesterday's non-delivery was changed to Saturday.......... and has just arrived.... please tell me it isn't Saturday, because on Friday I had two very important appointments and I'd hate to think I'd slept through them Thanks for the confusion Amazon

Good thing it arrived this early because I'm going to be out for most of the day

Comment

*runs in with hugs*
                        Not in boxes, but in one big unsteady pile.

Belated extra hugs for you Cags.

Also hugs Mr, because she so openly offered.

I have no excuse for not posting.
                        Maybe sunshine.

And I don't think Amazon is aiming for confusion per se, Jumble.
                        I think they're just trying to make life more exciting by taking out the element of predictabilty. *nods*

Boy. This is one coherent post. It looks like GW twitter
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*looks out of the window at torrential rain*

*checks calendar*

Yup, I should have known: Bank Holiday = wet despite the weather forecast for a dry, sunny day

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            *looks out of the window at torrential rain*

*checks calendar*

Yup, I should have known: Bank Holiday = wet despite the weather forecast for a dry, sunny day

Most definitely Bank Holiday weather!! But it gets me out of a Family get together so I'm sort of ok with it

I have a whole week off to enjoy with Ellie.... and I have been struck down with Tonsillitis Had a lot planned for this week and now I just feel horribly sorry for myself!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

It's been raining all night, and there is a 70% prediction for today. However, we are in a three-year drought, so we're grateful for every drop, even on a holiday.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's yucky out there, isn't it? I've been at work so it hasn't really bothered me, tbh, until I had to walk home in it

*hugs MR* Tonsilitis sucks. Feel better soon!

There was just a round for "Famous Martins" on Pointless. I was so hoping they'd include Wood, but no, for the really obscure one they went for some random French DJ
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X