X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josiane View Post
    Orange knickers? I think that just happened in your head, Nad

How's mum doing?
    Orange knickers do take a specific kind of open mind.

She's feeling somewhat sick now that the radiation and hemo are done, but she's hanging in there.
    No actual news about how the therapy went, but the tumor did shrink quite a bit when the doc checked last, so that's a start.
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

That's good, at least. Hope she feels less sick soon

*hugs*
      sigpic
      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*huggles Nad* That is good news! And the sickness will go away eventually, it's just horrible to feel that way for now Give Mom a BIG HUG from me

Comment

Orange knickers? I think that just happened in your head, Nad

Nope, that was me, sorry. I mentioned it. I did used to have a drawer full of orange knickers. On of my very few forays into silly superstition.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I had to give up painting.... can't stand on a ladder anymore. My balance has been off for the last several years (physical not mental just in case you were wondering ). After falling off a ladder for the 3rd time, I decided enough was enough and I could really get hurt. How many coats do you have to do??? Hopefully only one.
          I honestly thought you mean mental balance.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          *hugs WooHoos*

Yay you busy people! I felt a sense of acomplishment for removing some weeds from the garden, and here you are renovating and painting and getting to the stage of having working hands

I definitely have working hands today. There's blisters and all. Much more of this and there'll be calluses.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          *huggles Nad* That is good news! And the sickness will go away eventually, it's just horrible to feel that way for now Give Mom a BIG HUG from me

Ditto that, a hug from me too. Great news about the tumour so far. My understanding is that the chemo/radio continues to work for a good while after you actually stop it so seeing progress now is positive. Little steps but here's hoping they all lead in the right direction. Loads of positive vibes coming your way. ++++
          sigpic

Comment

Nad - so glad the chemo is working. Just take it easy....don't push it too forcefully because the body can only take so much before it can't take anymore. The fact that is it getting smaller is great. I hope all ends with the most positive of news. My prayers are with your mother and you.
            sigpic

Comment

hello to all you Woohoos I haven't slept tonight, nor morning, but at least it's Sunday
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                hello to all you Woohoos I haven't slept tonight, nor morning, but at least it's Sunday
                Doesn't sound like a very good idea, however, I fell asleep after being sick on something I ate yesterday. Slept probably from 11 last night until about 4 am - on the couch. Got up, did the dishes then went to bed about 5 am and slept some more until around 10:30 this am. So technically - I slept a lot! Works for me except the sick part.... that definately wasn't much fun!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness, get thee all to twitter ASAP! Martin in a kilt http://twitter.com/realmartinwood/st...154560/photo/1

(*iz on iPad and can't copy it over properly*)

Looking very dapper, Mr Wood Though you know what Jumble will say about your face...
                  That is AWESOME. Thanks for the info, can't green ya but wood if I could. He looks fabulous and I love a man in a kilt. *Martin*

Originally posted by llp View Post
                  Jumble - can't believe you haven't commented about Martin in a kilt on Twitter.

Went to hand doctor and was given the "all clear" sign until he gave me a cortizone shot in the "tunnel" where the tendon is.... real OUCH! Now that will take about 2 weeks to completely heal up and swelling to go down. But tingling is gone on the tip of the finger and hoping the racheting is gone now too (too swollen to know yet) and no more braces, and pain almost all gone, etc. Lost about 10 to 15% of the capabilties with my right hand (knew that was going to happen) and it still tires out some (but going away). So over all fairly pleased. Still can type and write and eat with that hand so still happy with the results (mostly!) But enough is enough. No more anything for a while pleeeeeze! Looking forward to being able to just enjoy life undisturbed for awhile!

Sending healing hugs.

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                  Orange knickers do take a specific kind of open mind.

She's feeling somewhat sick now that the radiation and hemo are done, but she's hanging in there.
                  No actual news about how the therapy went, but the tumor did shrink quite a bit when the doc checked last, so that's a start.
                  Sending huge hugs to you and Mom. Very positive news about the tumour shrinking.

Fresh Horse was in Vancouver when Amanda was taping an episode of a locally shot comedy show. Who was also in the audience? Martin! He won a prize in a draw.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs, positive vibes and words of wisdom!
                    Mom sends hugs back.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    Ugh!

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    Nope, that was me, sorry. I mentioned it. I did used to have a drawer full of orange knickers. On of my very few forays into silly superstition.
                    This is... not weird, per se, but interesting.

I have orange knickers. A few. But it's mandatory for Dutchies. We must have a full orange wardrobe for when the king comes to visit.
                    Not that I wood ever like to show him my undies. *shudders*

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Fresh Horse was in Vancouver when Amanda was taping an episode of a locally shot comedy show. Who was also in the audience? Martin! He won a prize in a draw.
                    I read that and it made me giggle.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

*Waves*

Hey WooHoos! Hugs to all in need and those who may not need but love to be hugged anyway
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Had considered going to Ottawa for the con with Martin, Amanda and Chris but can't do it due to work commitments. Jackie, if you are still going, have a blast!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Finally finished painting the kitchen - took 4 coats to get it done

Seems a shame to clutter it up with pictures really...........

Comment

Been receiving nothing but one bit of bad news after another recently. It is hard to think I have spent 67 years building up my reputation, trying to be honorable, being honest, and trying to do the right thing only to be considered old and totally untrustworthy because of my age. Where I put my faith in all, no one seems to have any faith in me anymore. I have decided to go offline for a while, not sure how long. But it might be awhile until you hear from me again. I need to restore my faith in humanity and people again and I'm not sure I can do it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh Laurie, that sounds terrible. I hope that you can regain your peace of mind despite the short-sighted people both in RL and online.
                              sigpic

Comment

*huggles Laurie* FWIW, I think checking out of onlinedom is a good thing from time to time; it forces you to make real world connections. As much as I love my online friends, there are a very limited number of them that live close enough to "be there" for me in person if I needed them. Re-establishing relationships with those close to you makes sense.

Awesome job Jumble. I do agree; covering it up would be a shame, but at the same time it looks kind of bare without them. I wonder if you could arrange them differently or redistribute them about the house a bit more to make it less cluttered?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X