No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You certainly picked the right day for the gardening, Jumble; today was filthy. :s. I hope your eye isn't too stingy.

My neighbours are part way through erecting our new gates, which will straighten up my wonky side access onnce and for all, and give me a shade more patio space. I just need to get the rest of the slabs and get it tiled. Then on to tackle the rest of the jungle. Well... after I've built a new bathroom anyway. *sigh* it's a work in progress.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, very glad I got it all done before the deluge

The stinginess only lasted a couple of hours and was fine after that

Decorating the kitchen is still a work in progress.... at least it will be when I finally get started And no, the idea of taking all those pics off the wall isn't what's held me up

Comment

See I wouldn't mind that; it's just painting not knocking walls down and building new ones. I can handle slapping up a bit of paint.

You know I would offer to come help next weekend or something (and because I sorely need an Anderson's meal ) but I lost the whole of my 2 week window to do my ensuite and am hurriedly trying to finish it so I can get the bathroom knocked out and get a skip so I have a patio and can put a pool up in time for the summer. I'm sure you want me to have the pool don't you?
        But if you haven't got it done by the time I've done my work, I'm there!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness, get thee all to twitter ASAP! Martin in a kilt http://twitter.com/realmartinwood/st...154560/photo/1

(*iz on iPad and can't copy it over properly*)

Looking very dapper, Mr Wood Though you know what Jumble will say about your face...
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              See I wouldn't mind that; it's just painting not knocking walls down and building new ones. I can handle slapping up a bit of paint.

You know I would offer to come help next weekend or something (and because I sorely need an Anderson's meal ) but I lost the whole of my 2 week window to do my ensuite and am hurriedly trying to finish it so I can get the bathroom knocked out and get a skip so I have a patio and can put a pool up in time for the summer. I'm sure you want me to have the pool don't you?
              But if you haven't got it done by the time I've done my work, I'm there!
              Just slapping up some paint? It's taken me most of today to clear everything out (yes, all traces of Martin have been removed ), it'll take most of tomorrow to get the walls and ceiling sugar-soaped, it'll take most of Sunday to put on the first coat, most of Monday for the second, and most of Tuesday to get everything cleaned and put back where it all belongs. I know that doesn't really compare to what you're doing, but I'm doing it all by myself *cue violins* and my energy levels still aren't 100%, so it's quite a daunting task But I'll be glad I did it once it's done And if I can get it done without breaking a nail I'll be very happy

Yes, by all means get the patio done and the pool up - we never know exactly which day will be summer and we woodn't want to miss it
              Last edited by Jumble; 02 May 2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                And if I can get it done without breaking a nail I'll be very happy
                So long as it's just a nail and not a bone. Be careful.

Yes, by all means get the patio done and the pool up - we never know exactly which day will be summer and we woodn't want to miss it

Good point.

You're right I do have help - sort of - in dribs and drabs, which is why it's slow going. On the home straight with it now though; this weekend I should get all the drywalling up and then it'll be the cosmetic stuff so next weekend all the fixtures and fittings can go in. I currently have a toilet sitting in my conservatory, as delivered (along with several other items) in the most enormous box by the world's most unhelpful delivery man. He paid for it though when I made him wait while I carefully unpacked and fully inspected every single thing taking as much time as I could.
                sigpic

Comment

If I were you I wood have been tearing my hair out in frustration weeks ago To me, once a job is started you keep going until it's done! But also know what it's like when you're dependent on others helping - when I moved in here my brother re-wired and re-fitted the kitchen and it took him about six weeks Drove me nuts! Same thing when my dad came over to help with the decorating - I learned pretty quick that if I wanted the house habitable anytime soon I wood just have to get on with it myself. By the time I'd done the whole house I was pretty good at hanging wallpaper

Good for you with the delivery man

Comment

Not finishing jobs is definitely a man thing. I still have unfunished bits in my kitchen and that was installed about 10 years ago. I have all the tools, just not the skills or strength.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jumble - can't believe you haven't commented about Martin in a kilt on Twitter.

Went to hand doctor and was given the "all clear" sign until he gave me a cortizone shot in the "tunnel" where the tendon is.... real OUCH! Now that will take about 2 weeks to completely heal up and swelling to go down. But tingling is gone on the tip of the finger and hoping the racheting is gone now too (too swollen to know yet) and no more braces, and pain almost all gone, etc. Lost about 10 to 15% of the capabilties with my right hand (knew that was going to happen) and it still tires out some (but going away). So over all fairly pleased. Still can type and write and eat with that hand so still happy with the results (mostly!) But enough is enough. No more anything for a while pleeeeeze! Looking forward to being able to just enjoy life undisturbed for awhile!
                      sigpic

Comment

so glad to hear you are healing. Yeah for hands that work!
                        sigpic

Comment

*waves to Laurie* Glad to hear you're on the mend

Well that's the first coat on the walls and ceilings - I'm cream-crackered! Going to lie down for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            *waves to Laurie* Glad to hear you're on the mend

Well that's the first coat on the walls and ceilings - I'm cream-crackered! Going to lie down for awhile
                            I had to give up painting.... can't stand on a ladder anymore. My balance has been off for the last several years (physical not mental just in case you were wondering ). After falling off a ladder for the 3rd time, I decided enough was enough and I could really get hurt. How many coats do you have to do??? Hopefully only one.
                            sigpic

Comment

*hugs WooHoos*

Yay you busy people! I felt a sense of acomplishment for removing some weeds from the garden, and here you are renovating and painting and getting to the stage of having working hands

And there was something about kilts and orange knickers, which i'm sure had nothing to do with one another, but still. It's intriguing material...
                              Last edited by DutchIndeed; 03 May 2014, 10:56 AM.
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Orange knickers? I think that just happened in your head, Nad

How's mum doing?
                                sigpic
                                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Working...
                                X