No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, it was *supposed* to be fixed, but it really wasn't, so it had to go back in.
    This time it's with a different (and apparently more competent) tech, she identified the problem with the power supply - some sort of connector inside that has to be replaced. That is the part that is on order.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
      *sends Big C kickety bum vibes to Nad's mum* (oh we really need a gif for that! )
      sigpic

Comment

I feel for you Nola - I'm still struggling with a secondary screen which is really a pain I thought I'd be able to get the laptop screen replaced this month, but I am suddenly and unexpectedly going to be out of work again shortly, so £450 for a new screen is out of the question

Had a lovely wander down Memory Lane last night - Pears Morgan's Real Lives subject was Tony Blackburn. I bet nobody here remembers the days of pirate radio stations in the 60's? I do! I had a very small ****** that I used to listen to Radio Caroline and Radio London. On a good night, I could even pick up Radio Luxembourg. Back then, the only legal radio stations were run by the BBC, and none of them played pop music The pirates got around the legal situation by broadcasting from ships which were anchored outside the three-mile zone, putting them out of British waters Tony Blackburn was the most popular morning DJ - I used to listen to him on my way to school

In August 1967 the BBC finally accepted that they wood have to create a 'pop' radio channel, and of course they wanted everyone's fave DJ to get it going. Tony kicked off Radio 1 by playing Flowers In The Rain by The Move - no, I didn't have to google that, it's just one of those useless facts that's always stuck in my brain

So yes, great program, great memories

Comment

Ah awesome story Jumble. I sort of kind of almost remember Radio Caroline and Radio Luxembourg. I think they were still pirate radio well into the 70s weren't they?

Sorry to hear about the work situation. That sucks. However you are a magnificent childminder and I have little doubt you will find some work soon enough. *crosses fingers*
          (P.S. I will answer your PM later when Benjabubs is not nagging me to get off the PC. )

Nola, love the gif. I have to admit that I had something slightly more rude in mind.
          sigpic

Comment

There were still pirate stations in operation into the 70's, but there was a lot of name-changing and takeovers, so it's actually hard to put an exact date to Caroline's demise. According to Wiki there is still a 'Radio Caroline' in existence, but for me the original died the day Radio 1 began, not least because almost all of Caroline's DJ's ended up there within a very short time. The Mi Amigo, Caroline's ship, ran aground on the beach at Frinton-on-Sea, and I was visiting relatives at the time and saw it there - sadly didn't get to see Tony though

Reception of all those stations was rubbish, and you could always bet that you'd lose the signal just as your fave record came on But it was still the only way to hear pop music, so we put up with the dodgy receptioin. Luxembourg was the worst - you could only pick it up late at night, which meant I had to keep the volume right down in case my parents caught me listening to the Top Twenty show Ah, those were the days!

On the workfront, I'm pretty fed up with being mucked about by this particular family and by people in general, so I may just take a couple of months off (or as long as the savings hold out ) and concentrate on getting myself properly fit.

Or not.......

Comment

Comment

*gets distracted by pretty Martin pics*

Uh... where was I?

I think taking a bit of time to get fit is a good idea. It may well be fate that something will come along when you are ready for it. You could just not actively seek work... you're name's out there and on websites so something might come to you without you trying.
                I was going to say, perhaps time not to let them muck you about anymore but, um, I think you probably have already made that resolution.
                sigpic

Comment

My problem is that I'm way too understanding of the plight of single parents and do my best to help them out To be fair, in the past it's not backfired on me and I'm still close friends with some of them - Becky for example, without whose help I wood have struggled to get through these last few weeks. Claire isn't a single parent (although one could be forgiven for thinking so sometimes ), but we have remained very close, especially since she had Nathan (who is doing a fine job of filling that empty baby space I had in my heart), and she too has been an awesome help So I can't regret being a bit soft on people sometimes, I just seem to have made a mistake in this particular case

But yes, I'll just coast along for awhile and see what turns up

*scrolls back up to look at the pretty pics*

Not sure he'd appreciate being called 'pretty', but he'll just have to wear it because he is
                  Last edited by Jumble; 08 February 2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

perhaps "pretty" isn't quite right, but sure is easy on the eyes!
                    sigpic

Comment

Snowed again tonight... a good 1 & 1/2" on the ground and cars outside.... love it. But it too will melt away tomorrow - then we are headed into slight warmer weather up in the high 30's and low 40's by the middle of the week. Okay with me. I had snow 4 times this winter.... I'm happy.
                      sigpic

Comment

A kittle snow is a lovely thing. I remember when we lived in Cleveland and had all that lake effect snow... we always had a white Christmas, but by February, enough was enough. I remember that the day we left to move south, May 1st, dad woke us up by throwing snow in our faces!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          A kittle snow is a lovely thing. I remember when we lived in Cleveland and had all that lake effect snow... we always had a white Christmas, but by February, enough was enough. I remember that the day we left to move south, May 1st, dad woke us up by throwing snow in our faces!
                          Ended up with about 2" - but unlike Cleveland - this will all be gone by tomorrow at the latest. Right now it is 30°F/-1°C but it will warm up some and start melting. And starting later today we are heading for a heat wave. Up to the low 40's by middle of week!
                          sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile we have the floods back The main road is closed again and water rising, so looks like I'll be walking to work in my wellies again this week.
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

And more rain expected! So glad I live up on a hill You go careful Josi

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I'm living in your past! The snow in our back yard is up to my 6-yr old's knees. I'm glad I've been home sick the last few days and haven't had to deal with the white stuff! Record low for today at Cleveland Hopkins this morning was -3 at 7:35 and we got about another 4-6 inches last night. I think we could host the winter Olympics, seriously!
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X