No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave for London two weeks tomorrow. Who all is going to be at the Woohoo dinner? For all those who can't make it, rest assured we will be talking about you.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I leave for London in 11 days!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I leave for London two weeks tomorrow. Who all is going to be at the Woohoo dinner? For all those who can't make it, rest assured we will be talking about you.
        My hand was certainly not on the cookie jar...that's a lie!
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Jumble
          Josiane
          Wendy
          Laurie
          EH-T
          Cags
          Steph & Ellie

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
            Jumble
            Josiane
            Wendy
            Laurie
            EH-T
            Cags
            Steph & Ellie
            I knew there was something I was doing that day!! Was trying to remember why I had booked 2 days off work

Don't worry, I'm just most definitely losing my mind. Today I used oven gloves to get something out of the freezer! And then found the new bottle of shampoo in the fridge

*hugs* all WooHoo's and heads off for a breakdown
            sigpic
            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

I leave on the 18th but get there the 19th (in honor of my Mom's bday!)
              I really miss her this time of year. And this time I'm going by way of Iceland.... to many cancelled flights in the US this winter. Figure I would make my one stop in a place that is use to really cold weather!

And as you know, I am going to the dinner...
              sigpic

Comment

And we are back at 32°F/0°C and dropping! Sure hope it warms up above that by around 10:30 tomorrow - I have to drive into Seattle for an appt.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                  Jumble
                  Josiane
                  Wendy
                  Laurie
                  EH-T
                  Cags
                  Steph & Ellie
                  Awesome. Will definitely miss the others but I know for many it is a long way to come. What about Sarai though?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Raise a glass for me and have some sticky toffee pudding
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Raise a glass for me and have some sticky toffee pudding
                      Oh we absolutely will. A toast to absent friends is definitely in order.

Actually Jumble, thinking about it I think I might bring the Bubs along. Ellie will be there so it will at least give him someone to flirt talk with. it's probably easier that way!

Boiler install day for me. Disruption, chaos and mayhem... er... yay!

*sends Big C kickety bum vibes to Nad's mum* (oh we really need a gif for that! )
                      sigpic

Comment

I was going to ask about Ben - I'll add him to the list and keep my fingers crossed that seat no. 10 will get filled

Comment

Yes... well he's off school that week, although I will likely be working it, I figured it would be a nice treat for him.
                          And 10 is a lucky number y'know!

Boiler is in. Tomorrow the old system gets drained down and it all gets connected up. Hopefully it'll be up and running by the end of the day but, if not, I might be a bit cold for one night. Time to break open the big blankets. I am lucky that the boiler man is really good. Nice and clean and tidy and is also willingly showing my neighbour's boy (who is doing gas/plumbing at college) the ropes too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oooh! New boiler is exciting! I wish they'd give me one. Mine packed up again on Sunday, but has been ok since then. I've lost count of the number of times I've called them out for the same problem - they've put no end of new parts in and it was 'definitely' fixed last time

Seat No. 10........ yes, I need to check back to see if a decision has been made yet

Comment

Let's hear it for consistent heat! Yippie!

So, my life is about to get interesting and I'm not so sure it's in a good way. My boss is running for political office. In fact, he's announcing his candidacy today. This puts me in a very awkward position because there is no real way, apart from quitting now, to not be shoved into the spotlight with him. I hate politics. I hate the he said she said and the finger pointing and the "it's all their fault!" attitudes. And my boss and I do NOT see eye-to-eye on anything political. I'm already biting my tongue, a lot. I just hope I can keep my mouth shut when I need to. *sigh* If he is elected then I may need to find a new job because he won't be able to afford to keep me here when hell be gone 3 days a week. I'm trying to see this as a positive because I really need to get a new job anyway. I've been here for almost 9 years and while its been convenient, it's not what I want to do.

In the grand scheme of things I know this is not such a bad thing to have to deal with. I mean I could be overridden by absolute jealousy toward those lucky peeps who get to go to AT7. But, nope not me, no green eyes here, uh-uh, no way, not even a little bit...

Hugs to all!

sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Well, looks like I will be going back into surgery on my hand again! The middle finger (naturally that one) didn't heal right. So now they are going to open it up again and actually cut the bone (at a slant for some reason) and do what - I have no idea. But told it would take about an hour! Hmmmmm! However, not until March 4th so AT7 - here I come!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X