The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Oh no, NOT in front of others! But a pet name, that is special just between mother and child, can be a wonderful thing. I'm sorry you were unhappy with a nickname, Laurie.
    My nickname wasn't that bad - I just didn't like being teased. And the problem is, Cags could accidently call him by that name in front to friends. It is an easy thing to do. So I have to stick with my first reaction. And my nickname wasn't really that bad. The facts be told - I was a teenager - the worst age to be for things like that. Decades later, when my mother slipped a few times and then apologize, I told her it didn't bother me anymore so not to worry.
    sigpic

Comment

I call my daughter (who is 6) Turkey. I don't know how it came about or why, I just started calling her that when she was a baby and it stuck. It's something that only I do. If she ever wants me to stop, it will be really hard.
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I've never heard Cags actually call him Benjabubs, she just refers to him by that name when talking about him.

Comment

*sneaks in*

Oh boy. I've been absent again haven't I!!

Serious *hugs* for Nad and her mom. Loads of positive thoughts for both of you.

Glad the op went well Jumble. Sounds like it's done you good

Re the nickname/pet name thing. I never had one. My Sister did, and even to this day we still call my Brother Marigold on occasions (my Mother jokingly said she was going to call him that if he was a girl at least I think she as joking!) Ellie gets called Wellifant by most of the family and she's even been known to introduce herself to people as that! It's never really bothered anyone I know being called by pet names. I think it's the only form of affection I've ever seen our family all participate in.

*sneaks out*
          sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Again, thanks for all the hugs!
            Feeling a bit nervous about everything today

Glad you're improving Jumble!

Belated Happy Birthday to Ben, Cags!

I've had a range of nicknames and still do. It's all cute in my case
            My brother has a nickname he hates, but because I can't stop using it, he allows it from me. He always responds to it too.
            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              I've never heard Cags actually call him Benjabubs, she just refers to him by that name when talking about him.
              Yep, it kind of started as an online nickname thing stemming from the fact one of my brother's called him his bubble boy when he was a baby. But a few people I know have picked up on it and will refer to him as such too. I think I probably have occasionally actally called him it, but frankly he gets called all sorts (my best friend calls him "Benjybubbilicious sausage boy" which has shortened to just "sausage" these days.) I also call him Squidge from time to time among other things.
              To be honest, nicknames are all the thing in my family. All his uncles are know as Uncle [nickname] and we almost never call each other by real names at all. I suppose some people really like their nicknames and other people don't. Mine was Cheekadee (accompanied with some robust cheek pulling) and I hated it so it doesn't get used these days. I'm the only one to go by my full real name in the family, while almost universally being known by a nickname or shortened name elsewhere. Hey ho!
              End if the day, when he says "muuum, don't call me that anymore" about anything I call him, I'll respect his wishes and stop (unless I'm being naughty and want to annoy him )

*huggles Nad* I meant to say the other day that all the scans and tests - while very frustrating (you just want them to treat it dammit) - are pretty essential. Determining the source of the disease allows them to determine what treatment will work the best. If some of the cancer is metastatic (which it sounds like it could be the case) it wont matter where they are so muchas what type they are. E.g. my brother (the other one with cancer) has some nodules on his spine and liver but they stem from his kidney cancer so the treatment he takes is the one developed for renal cell carcinoma. It's all far more complex than it first appears and, quite often, it's unhelpful to go hunting for prognosis on Dr Google because any information there is too generalised to be of any use.
              Sending lots of positive vibes to your mum. +++++++++
              Last edited by Cagranosalis; 02 February 2014, 11:40 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh yes.
                This whole cancer thing pretty much sucks.
                *nods*

But positivism and all

*hugs WooHoos*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Did you just invent a new Woohoo Word? Positivism. I like it!

*Squishy huggles* Nad. And some for your mum too.

P.S. Thanks for blowing away the tumbleweed. I was beginning to think I'd have to change my perfume.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                    I guess
                    I englished up a Dutch word and it didn't sound right, but I liked it too. So I kept it.

P.S. Thanks for blowing away the tumbleweed. I was beginning to think I'd have to change my perfume.
                    Thanks!

And lol. I think we need more Happy News.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      I guess
                      I englished up a Dutch word and it didn't sound right, but I liked it too. So I kept it.
                      It works for me.

Happy news you say? Hmm. Well, I'll be getting my new boiler this week. That's making me extremely happy because it means new bathroom next and.... steam cabinet!

(A steam cabinet is one of these by the way. )
                      sigpic

Comment

*peeks in, looks around*

Hmmm...not many have really been around on any of my fave threads today Ah well.

((Huggles)) to all!

I'm in a good mood because I just got off the phone with my Mama who I've been trying to talk to for over a week!

But I am feeling a little nekkid because I had my wedding rings inspected today and there was a loose prong on one of the stones so my left hand is nekkid for the next week but I am very grateful that my hubby had the forethought to get the service plan on the ring so repairs are always FREE!

sigpic

----------
                        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post

I guess

Thanks!

And lol. I think we need more Happy News.
                          Pretty sure I studied that in 10th grade Philosophy....I like yor definition better, Nad.
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Yes. Positivism is a real term - see August Comte's work on sociology. Based on the idea that knowledge should be derived from scientific observation.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yay! Good news posts!

That steam cabinet looks nice!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Yes. Positivism is a real term - see August Comte's work on sociology. Based on the idea that knowledge should be derived from scientific observation.
                              Ah see, that's where I got it from! I remember now.
                              I like my definition better as well

So. One more test 'till the chemoradiation proces starts.
                              Kicking bum time. *nods*

sigpic

Comment

Yay! Good news posts!

That steam cabinet looks nice!

Ah see, that's where I got it from! I remember now.
                                I like my definition better as well

So. One more test 'till the chemoradiation proces starts.
                                Kicking bum time. *nods*
                                My 80 year old aunt is going through chemo again. I wish I had her strenght. They don't make people like my aunt anymore.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X