The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    just a quickie, really hard to type lying on side in bed. didn;t have too bad a night and am in small amount of pain compared to the last couple of months. i'll come back when i find an easier way.

Huggles Jumble

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Glad you're doing OK Jumble!
    *hugs*
    *sends broccoli*

Had to bring Mom to the hospital tonight.
    She has thrombosis in her leg which is the thing they said she didn't have at first. She sure does keep us busy...

Huggles to you and your Mom.

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
    *huggles seconded*

My sister went back in the hospital yesterday. She had surgery last week and they removed a tumor from her back that my mom said was the size of a tennis ball! Non-cancerous, but extremely painful. She's been doped up since Thanksgiving waiting for the surgery and she was only home a day before she had to go back. Mom says they've finally got her pain under control and she should be heading back home tomorrow *crosses fingers*.
    Huggles to you and your sister.

Anyone else?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yes! Hugs all around! Me first!
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Come on Jumble - move over - we all want one of those hugs!

While I'm waiting for Jumble to get her supply of hugs! - Giving shots to one's own self really isn't that hard. After having mono for about 4 months, I had to give myself a weeking massive vitamin dosage. (Actually every day for the first 2 weeks then once a week). It was in my leg so not that bad, but I found it a lot easier to jab myself rather then having to go to a doctor every week for it. I did this for a year. Surprising how easy it became.

And tomorrow is the beginning of February - which means AT7 is around the corner which also means Anderson's and seeing everyone is even closer! Can't wait to see everyone.... I've been strengthening my arms getting ready for all those hugs!
        sigpic

Comment

Huggles for all!
          I do love our WooHoo Hugfests.

Mom's out of the hospital. They weren't going to do anything anyway, so I could take her home
          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Glad to hear Mom is back home, but they're doing nothing for her?

I'm getting stronger every day and hope to brave the stairs later today

Comment

I'm not too late for the hugfest am I?

*****HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGSSSSSSSS******

Glad you're feeling stronger today, Jumble So pleased it all seems to have gone so well!
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I've managed a shower and a trip downstairs today! Feel so much better for both although it was very tiring. But hey, what have I got to do for the next ten days except rest and watch tv? Nothing

Comment

*runz through thread scattering huggles everywhere*

Oh oh, can I join the self-injectors club? Such fun. Not!

Well done Jumble. I'd imagine they want you to try and be mobile where possible, and the more you move the easier it will become. Good to hear you're making good progress.

Oh Nad, nasty DVTs. My mum had one a couple of years ago (and, yes, had to jab with clexane... making a big fuss of it even as I sat there thinking "you try gestone into your muscle and see how that feels" ) Have they given your mum anything to dissolve the clot?

IDK hugs for your sister too.

It's Benjabub's birthday today. He's 7. How did that happen?
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, moving around is essential. They gave me six exercises to do - ten reps of each, three times a day. Then fall over exhausted But it's working, there's no stiffness and very little pain once I'm done

7 is nothing - you wait till you're celebrating his 37th birthday

Oh, and the last thing I saw just as the anaesthetic took effect? On a piece of equipment above my head was the manufacturer's name - KGL Martin Group!

Comment

Yes, moving around is essential. They gave me six exercises to do - ten reps of each, three times a day. Then fall over exhausted But it's working, there's no stiffness and very little pain once I'm done
                      Good girl. Glad it all appears to be working.

7 is nothing - you wait till you're celebrating his 37th birthday
                      When he's 37, I'll be... sevent... Nah... I'll he'll never bet that old.

Oh, and the last thing I saw just as the anaesthetic took effect? On a piece of equipment above my head was the manufacturer's name - KGL Martin Group!

You did tell me that in your text but I posted your news from the phone and couldn't flip between text and internet to actually remember what you said. It did make me goggle though...

... or possibly even giggle I was going to just correct the typo but way funnier to make a joke of it.
                      sigpic

Comment

My youngest is 34, my eldest is now 43... but my eldest is actually my step-daughter (who has been mine since she was 6) so, she's my eldest

Great news about mobility Jumble. Not great about exhaustion, but that's to be expected.

Happy birthday Benjabubs! (and yes, you can still call him that 20 or 30 years from now...he will pretend that he doesn't like it at times, but really, they DO understand that mom is nothing but love and that's one way she tell them)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                          Good girl. Glad it all appears to be working.
                          Thanks Don't like to speak too soon, but it really seems to be

What the surgeon said was (skip if you don't want the gory details )....

Spoiler:
                          There was a large flap of soft tissue in the joint that shouldn't have been there. It was getting caught in the joint, squishing the femural nerve and causing the pain and numbness, so he cut it all out. He couldn't see what caused it, but thinks it was just an odd cell malformation which hopefully was a one-off and won't happen again. I still have a cam bump, but not enough to make a hip replacement necessary.

So *fingers crossed* that he's right and that is the end of it

When he's 37, I'll be... sevent... Nah... I'll he'll never bet that old.
                          He will be, and you'll still be making him imaginative birthday cakes

You did tell me that in your text but I posted your news from the phone and couldn't flip between text and internet to actually remember what you said. It did make me goggle though...

... or possibly even giggle I was going to just correct the typo but way funnier to make a joke of it.
                          I did? Can't remember that...... must still have been under the influence of the anaesthetic

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          My youngest is 34, my eldest is now 43... but my eldest is actually my step-daughter (who has been mine since she was 6) so, she's my eldest
                          When my eldest is 43 I'll be... um... *counts on fingers* .... 67! Not that far away

Great news about mobility Jumble. Not great about exhaustion, but that's to be expected.
                          I'm having to keep reminding myself that it's only been 4 days since the surgery and making myself go slowly - my energy levels drop a lot faster than I expect if I try to do too much But I'm still feeling better than I have for several weeks

Comment

I expect sooner or later I will be having some sort of hip surgery - broke my left hip at five years old, and it has been deteriorating ever since. Yes, I was doing something stupid -
                            I was five! My brother had tied blankets to the pillars of the porch to make a swing. Of course it wasn't safe, but you know kids ...
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Don't like to speak too soon, but it really seems to be

So *fingers crossed* that he's right and that is the end of it
                              When my eldest is 43 I'll be... um... *counts on fingers* .... 67! Not that far away

I'm having to keep reminding myself that it's only been 4 days since the surgery and making myself go slowly - my energy levels drop a lot faster than I expect if I try to do too much But I'm still feeling better than I have for several weeks
                              Hey watch that look about turning 67!

Originally posted by Nolamom
                              Happy birthday Benjabubs! (and yes, you can still call him that 20 or 30 years from now...he will pretend that he doesn't like it at times, but really, they DO understand that mom is nothing but love and that's one way she tell them)
                              Are you kidding me - please, don't call him Benjabubs in front of his friends, girl friends, wife, children, or strangers! I had a nickname and it took 30 years of me ignoring anyone calling me that to finally quit being called by that name (except for my grandmother because she was to old to remember not to)! I hated that nickname as soon as I got a little older and my friends started teasing me about it. Only way I finally got them to stop was when my family moved to another city and I got new friends. They only knew me as Laurie or Laurel. My brother was the only one not to quit calling me that and he did it because he was my brother and liked to torment me just because he could - afterall, he was my brother! However, he never called my that around our friends. And for a boy - it would be worse. So unless you want your kid bullied - please Cags - start calling him Ben around his school friends. He will eventually really really really appreciate it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh no, NOT in front of others! But a pet name, that is special just between mother and child, can be a wonderful thing. I'm sorry you were unhappy with a nickname, Laurie.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X