The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    Again, thank you so much. Mom really appreciates all the good vibes as well.
    This is some scary stuff, but we're all trying to be patient. It'll be at least a week before the tests are done, but it's almost certain that there will be surgery to remove a tumor.
    It's good to have my fellow WooHoos to whine to, though I am starting to feel like the pathetic sympathy asking one.
    *hugs*
    Often is easier to talk with "strangers" ( used here in nicest possible sense). Besides, if we can share a few laughs but not our sorrows, we're not friends...we're some kind of on-line drinking buddies. And we all know how to drink on our own.

What atracted me to this thread was precisely this: how you all behave like a support group. *no, the pics of hot Martin had nothing to do with it*. Or I'm just here for the freak show. When do I get to play my part?
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I think you just did

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I think you just did
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in and say I agree with what JW said. I've been lurking on your thread for awhile and its the camaraderie that really drew me here (and the awesome artwork and pics y'all come up with!)

So ((BIG HUGS)) to all! (and prayers for you and yours Dutch!)
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

This place is pretty awesome, isn't it?

Daily dose of hugs for Nad and mum and family *squishes* Whine and vent and stress at us as much as you like, that's what friends are for
            sigpic
            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

*hugs the WooHoo online support group*
              You guys are rockstars!

I'm only here for the broccoli, really.
              And maybe for that daily dose of hugs too...
              *nods*

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
              Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in and say I agree with what JW said. I've been lurking on your thread for awhile and its the camaraderie that really drew me here (and the awesome artwork and pics y'all come up with!)

So ((BIG HUGS)) to all! (and prayers for you and yours Dutch!)
              Welcome to the thread I like de-lurking Spencers.

And thanks!
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

We are awesome yeah.

Nad, big hugs. Originally I mistyped that and wrote "big bugs" but I'd imagine they're not so welcome.

As for cancer... well it can just sod right off if you ask me. Nasty horrible thing making people's lives misery. How dare it come spoil your happy Woohooey life.

From my own experience (2 brothers with the disease) there is never a point when the doctors don't stop fighting and doing everything they can to kick its butt. Over 5 years ago now my brother was diagnosed with an inoperable grade 3 astrocytoma (brain tumour). He was told that, without any treatment, he'd have at best a few months to live. One round of radiotherapy later, fast forward 5 years and he's still here and, at the moment, the tumour is shrunk but stable. Maybe there will be something new on the market when he needs more treatment; that's certainly the hope he and his consultant have and the whole process of treatment becomes something of a "buying time" to find the thing that works.
                But I do know that in those first unsure weeks and months after diagnosis, when you really have no idea what's going to happen or if the treatment will work, we were all completely terrified. We still are a bit I suppose, but it's a more informed fear now and with knowledge comes the return of a sense of control.
                I'm going to send your mum some massive positive vibes and some hugs too (I'm sure you will pass them on).

*squishy huggles*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  We are awesome yeah.

Nad, big hugs. Originally I mistyped that and wrote "big bugs" but I'd imagine they're not so welcome.

As for cancer... well it can just sod right off if you ask me. Nasty horrible thing making people's lives misery. How dare it come spoil your happy Woohooey life.

From my own experience (2 brothers with the disease) there is never a point when the doctors don't stop fighting and doing everything they can to kick its butt. Over 5 years ago now my brother was diagnosed with an inoperable grade 3 astrocytoma (brain tumour). He was told that, without any treatment, he'd have at best a few months to live. One round of radiotherapy later, fast forward 5 years and he's still here and, at the moment, the tumour is shrunk but stable. Maybe there will be something new on the market when he needs more treatment; that's certainly the hope he and his consultant have and the whole process of treatment becomes something of a "buying time" to find the thing that works.
                  But I do know that in those first unsure weeks and months after diagnosis, when you really have no idea what's going to happen or if the treatment will work, we were all completely terrified. We still are a bit I suppose, but it's a more informed fear now and with knowledge comes the return of a sense of control.
                  I'm going to send your mum some massive positive vibes and some hugs too (I'm sure you will pass them on).

*squishy huggles*
                  Also you must take your Mom's age into factoring it. If she is younger (under 70 or so) then fight it agressively with whatever method they offer. If she is in her 80's then still fight it but remember, she is not as strong as she use to be (maybe a little more frail) so don't be as agressive with things like chemo. Use it but don't let them talk you into being really agressive. It might take an extra treatment or maybe two, but the body needs a little time between bouts with that stuff. So maybe give a slightly lesser dose but still fight and beat the crap out of that cancer. Just remember, keeping your Mother's spirit up is just as important as the medical treatment. Don't let her give in to it.... My prayers are with you and your mother at this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good advice Laurie!
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Friday!

I took the day off today because it has been such a completely crappy week. So I've been doing some artwork today and snurching some new pics from google...found this one There's something about the eyes...

sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I've always loved that one. I used it a long time ago for a little poster...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          I've always loved that one. I used it a long time ago for a little poster...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Sanctuary/Martin.jpg~original
                          Nice!
                          sigpic

----------
                          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

With Martin, there's everything about the eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              Good advice Laurie!
                              Thanks Nola - I only wish someone had given me that advise back when my Mom had that damn cancer!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                                With Martin, there's everything about the eyes
                                The rest of him ain't so bad either! (oops -did I say that out loud!)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X