The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In which case, I'm surprised you don't know what it means

Always assuming, of course, that you're being truthful and not just pretending not to know

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      In which case, I'm surprised you don't know what it means

Always assuming, of course, that you're being truthful and not just pretending not to know
      Oh no. My nan slang is a bit rusty. My Ickybah Police-ing hasn't driven me to nekkid nan territory yet, but who knows what kinds of sinister things lie there...
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Urban Dictionary says:

''...nan is short for nanny which is short for poonanny which is derived from punani.''
        Oh.
        Just oh.

And yes. A punani is exactly what it sounds like.

...I did know that one

That Nola. Always bringing the Ickybah to the thread...
        *shakes head*

I am so never reading UB again
        Last edited by DutchIndeed; 10 January 2014, 12:19 PM.
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Oh no. My nan slang is a bit rusty. My Ickybah Police-ing hasn't driven me to nekkid nan territory yet, but who knows what kinds of sinister things lie there...
          Do let us know when you get back

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Urban Dictionary says:

Oh.
          Just oh.

And yes. A punani is exactly what it sounds like.

...I did know that one

That Nola. Always bringing the Ickybah to the thread...
          *shakes head*
          Eeeeewwww!!

*thinks*

So should I be offended when my grandkids call me 'Nan'? Short for Nanny, which is a goat, presumably a goat that does....... aaaaaaaaaand we're back to punani

Comment

Do let us know when you get back
            If.
            If I get back

Eeeeewwww!!

*thinks*

So should I be offended when my grandkids call me 'Nan'? Short for Nanny, which is a goat, presumably a goat that does....... aaaaaaaaaand we're back to punani

Well... Once when I was a music class at school, a boy classmate yelled out the Dutch cussword for punani when he did something wrong. In reaction, our teacher looked up from his desk and told the class: ''Don't use it as a cussword. One day, it'll give you a lot of joy and it'll be your best friend''.

So...

You decide if it's a compliment or not.

sigpic

Comment

Now you're just trying to confuse me aren't you?

So what is the Dutch word? I do so enjoy swearing in a foreign language - mainly because if the children repeat it to their parents nobody knows what it means

Comment

Now you're just trying to confuse me aren't you?

So what is the Dutch word? I do so enjoy swearing in a foreign language - mainly because if the children repeat it to their parents nobody knows what it means
                I always am

And it wood be a fitting one for you actually.
                The Dutch word is 'kut'. Pretty much pronounced as 'cut'.

sigpic

Comment

Hm. One wood have to be sure to pronounce that carefully, otherwise I wood definitely be in trouble with the kids' parents

Edit: So, our Martin swears a lot

Comment

Hm. One wood have to be sure to pronounce that carefully, otherwise I wood definitely be in trouble with the kids' parents

Edit: So, our Martin swears a lot
                    Haha, yes. It's all in the nuances.

And he does! *nods*

sigpic

Comment

*shields eyes from cuss words* really? I leave you alone for a couple of days and this is what you get up to!

Had a surprise today at work, the Guy who knocked me over the other day came in with flowers and chocolate to make sure I was really ok (easy enough for him to figure out where I worked as I was wearing my works fleece at the time with the logo all over it ) He was very sweet and I think the whole incident scared him more than me to be honest. Appears I did more damage to the front of his car than I thought at the time, although I bet his car isn't still hurting now

Oh and Jumble I can get that time off so count on 2 more for the meal
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *shields eyes from cuss words* really? I leave you alone for a couple of days and this is what you get up to!
                        This is why we can't be left to our own devices for so long.
                        We need you here. *nods*

Had a surprise today at work, the Guy who knocked me over the other day came in with flowers and chocolate to make sure I was really ok (easy enough for him to figure out where I worked as I was wearing my works fleece at the time with the logo all over it ) He was very sweet and I think the whole incident scared him more than me to be honest. Appears I did more damage to the front of his car than I thought at the time, although I bet his car isn't still hurting now

Aww! That's a nice thing to do

sigpic

Comment

It was a typo! I swear! Trying to post using a tablet
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                            She started it *points at Nad*

Yes, that was nice of him

Yay!!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            It was a typo! I swear! Trying to post using a tablet
                            In England, that looks like you were under the influence of some drug

Comment

Someone must have really riled up Ol' Mother Nature - she is huffing and puffing outside. Tried to go to bed earlier but the wind was so loud I couldn't fall asleep! Suppose to stay this way for tonight and into the day. And then there are the torrential rains! Think I will stay in all day tomorrow! Maybe I can get something done in the house but I've really been so lazy recently - look inside my house and you would understand.
                              sigpic

Comment

This just landed in my inbox......

The computer swallowed Grandma,
                                Yes, honestly it’s true!
                                She pressed 'control and 'enter'
                                And disappeared from view.
                                It devoured her completely,
                                The thought just makes me squirm.
                                She must have caught a virus
                                Or been eaten by a worm.
                                I've searched through the recycle bin
                                And files of every kind;
                                I've even used the Internet,
                                But nothing did I find.
                                In desperation, I asked Mr. Google
                                My searches to refine.
                                The reply from him was negative,
                                Not a thing was found 'online.'
                                So, if inside your 'Inbox,'
                                My Grandma you should see,
                                Please 'Copy, Scan' and 'Paste' her,
                                And send her back to me.

This is a tribute to all the Grandmas & Grandpas, Nannas & Pops, who have been fearless and learned to use the Computer.........
                                They are the greatest!!!

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
                                We grow old because we stop playing ...

NEVER Be The First To Get Old!

Comment

Working...
                                X