No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from the first school-run of the year - soaked to the skin despite full-length waterproof coat and two layers of clothing So sorry for those still flooded and those expecting to be tonight

Comment

First piece of artwork for 2014...........

The only way is up, right?

Comment

Awesome, Jumble, and yes! I'm gradually getting better from what has been a nasty bug Had to miss going to my dad's birthday lunch yesterday because I was still sick and also didn't want to pass it on to anyone But I'm definitely on the mend now and will be all fit and well for the woohoomeet this weekend if you are!
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

There does seem to be a lot of sickness about this past week or so - everyone I know has either had it or knows someone that has Such a shame you had to miss the birthday lunch, but glad that you're starting to feel better now.

I'm not sure if I'll be coming on Saturday. Tbh, I probably won't - partly because I know from last time that the journey will be painful, and partly because I don't want to spoil it for everyone else. You'll just have to cope with them Northerners on your own

Comment

Well found a good roofing company that looked at the roof last week and they are headed over here right now - a 2 men crew so it can be done in about 3 or 4 hours (so they say) just before it turns dark. Not too bad in price (more than I needed to spend just after Xmas) but doable (sort of)! Now pleeeeeease, no more unexpected expenses for awhile....
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              Just got back from the first school-run of the year - soaked to the skin despite full-length waterproof coat and two layers of clothing So sorry for those still flooded and those expecting to be tonight
              Yes, add in a rotten cold (and good old auntie flo) and that sounds just like my morning.
              Poor old Ewan; came over to see me last night; was dry when he set out, got half way here and the heavens opened. I opened the door to a man who looked like he'd just been swimming. He ended up stripped off and toweling himself down in my living room. That called for some Jack Daniels and a bar of chocolate I'm afraid. So much for my new year resolution to drink / eat less.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              There does seem to be a lot of sickness about this past week or so - everyone I know has either had it or knows someone that has Such a shame you had to miss the birthday lunch, but glad that you're starting to feel better now.
              Post Christmas crud. All that excitement, followed by too much booze and a poor diet and visiting all and sundry even when you've got germs. Something's gonna give.

I'm not sure if I'll be coming on Saturday. Tbh, I probably won't - partly because I know from last time that the journey will be painful, and partly because I don't want to spoil it for everyone else. You'll just have to cope with them Northerners on your own

What? Not even with my fabby heated seats?

Originally posted by josiane View Post
              Awesome, Jumble, and yes! I'm gradually getting better from what has been a nasty bug Had to miss going to my dad's birthday lunch yesterday because I was still sick and also didn't want to pass it on to anyone But I'm definitely on the mend now and will be all fit and well for the woohoomeet this weekend if you are!
              Good to hear you're on the mend. *huggles*
              Like Jumble, not sure I'll be there, mainly due to me having a corker of a cold right now. Hoping it's better by the weekend though.

You know, as much as we're moaning about the rain here in the UK, I think I'd rather be us that North America right now. it looks utterly horribly in some parts.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                You know, as much as we're moaning about the rain here in the UK, I think I'd rather be us that North America right now. it looks utterly horribly in some parts.
                Sad but true, way way to cold back east. When it is -30°F/-33.5°C and a wind as well - that is beyond cold. They are colder then Alaska right now! Yuk. My 36°F/3°C right now (at 2:30) seems down right balmy. But that is going to be close to our high for today!
                sigpic

Comment

Yep, stay warm over there!

Mind you, it's all got real here now - the floods have come to Oxford. The main road that goes past where I live has gone underwater this afternoon and has now been closed between here and town, and the rivers are set to rise for another couple of days so it's going to get worse. I think we should stay dry on my little estate as we're up on a bit of a rise, but depends how much more the river goes up of course. Very glad I'm up on the first floor though! (/second floor, for those of you over the other side of the pond ) Getting into work shouldn't be too bad either at the moment as the back streets are dry so I can walk around the long way, as long again as the water doesn't go up too much more

*hugs* Cags for icky cold. Quite understood if you and Jumble aren't up to it this weekend - it'll be the other half of the woohoomeet from last time I'll get everyone together here at some point!
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

You be careful Josi - those dry side roads could well be flooded by the time you leave work

It's bucketing down here again, with high winds, so I guess I'm in for a soaking on the school run again At home I'm pretty safe from flooding because I'm on a hill, but Farnham itself could flood if the river gets much higher. Still, I personally prefer it to snow

Comment

*hugs* for all ickysicky Woohoo's

*hugs* for all the wet and windy Woohoo's

*hugs* for any other Woohoo's

Hey look at that ^. New year, new me!

Have an unscheduled day off work, unfortunately I had to get knocked off my bike on the way in this morning to earn it!! Feeling more than a little battered and bruised now and the lump on my leg where the car hit hurts like mad
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Oh no! Bruised is NOT the way to go! It's been quite cold
                        (for south Texas) 0nly going up to freezing fort an hour or two - not used to the chill!
                        sigpic

Comment

*rubs eyes* Did I.... did I really see Steph hugging everybody? That certainly is a new you

I hope you've had that leg looked at? Well you should!

I'm just back from seeing the dentist, who gave me some bad news The crown that I had trouble with a few months ago had come loose again, so I'd decided that I wood go ahead and get the bridgework done because money isn't such a problem now. But when she took the crown out she discovered that the remains of the original tooth had cracked and was infected. So, antibiotics for a couple of weeks, then back to get the tooth removed. It shouldn't hurt because there are no nerves in it. So I'm thinking 'Great! A nice new bridge to pretty up my smile!' Not so The bone and gum will take between 6 and 12 months to heal enough for the bridge to be done. In the meantime I will have a gappy grin instead of a happy smile to go to Chevron with

Not. Happy.

Comment

This too will soon pass. Just think - EVENTUALLY you will have a great smile
                            sigpic

Comment

I know, but I'd really rather it passed before April

What's the situation with your pc now? Fixed? *crosses fingers*

Comment

well, it's currently working and taking a charge. keeping my fingers firmly crossed. The connection is still wiggly, but if I'm *careful* everything is good....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X