No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it was at Aldershot crem. I've been to two funerals there in the past, but this was nothing like those. It was relaxed, cosy even, probably because with Adam being a baby who'd had no life there weren't many people there, but those that were there were the ones that he had meant a great deal to, those that loved him. Funerals for older people are obviously different to that because of all the connections they've made during their long lives. I was left with the feeling that the funeral directors and the Minister had really cared and understood what happened, and wanted the whole event to be respectful of everyone's feelings, especially the girls.

Comment

Glad that the funeral was a relatively nice one, Jumble.
      *sends more hugs to you, Becky and the girls*
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thanks Nad, I'll pass them on

The sentence that has stuck in my mind is:

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on the world."

Comment

I've killed the thread

Had a really lovely day at the local softplay gym with Emily, Jamie, Becky, Sophie, Olivia, Azola and Lou. Stayed for lunch, then meandered back home

Comment

You didn't hun. I'm the notorious threadkiller.

But what you wrote was so beautiful it's hard to write anything after that. And BTW, beautiful pensive Martin sig.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I'm so glad it went as well as could be expected. Years ago my brother's son lived about 14 hours. I still cannot think of the graveside service without tears pricking my eyes. It sounds as if the service for Adam was a wonderful, comforting moment.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks JW

Ah yes, one of my favourite pics of Martin......

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I'm so glad it went as well as could be expected. Years ago my brother's son lived about 14 hours. I still cannot think of the graveside service without tears pricking my eyes. It sounds as if the service for Adam was a wonderful, comforting moment.
                  It absolutely was

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                    Thank you

Skip if you don't want to know the details of the funeral.....

Spoiler:
                    As funerals go, it was pretty near perfect. It was a beautiful sunny day. Chairs at the crematorium were arranged to make an intimate half-circle rather than the normal rigid arrangement. The funeral directors gave the girls a beautiful long-stemmed red rose each to lay on the tiny coffin, and a white one for Becky. There was no 'sermon', the lady Minister read two lovely poems and then added a few heartfelt words of her own, and the girls each read out a message that they had written down earlier. The curtains were then closed to allow Becky and the girls a few private moments with Adam. We then all went outside and the girls each released a balloon into the clear blue sky. The wind got up just as they let go and gusted the balloons up high and out of sight, then it dropped again.

So yes, a funeral for a baby is a horrible thing to contemplate, but the funeral directors did a wonderful job of making it feel right, and they refused to take any payment for everything they did, as did the crematorium and the Minister.

We then went back to Becky's for coffee/tea and a piece of wickedly chocolate cake.

I'm glad it's over, and that it was nowhere near as awful as I had expected.
                    Big hugs to you, Becky and the girls.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Bleurgh. Sick. Not a good start to the new year

That's a lovely thing to have said, Jumble. Still sending you all hugs.

Right. Back to bed
                      sigpic
                      Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Oh no! Sounds like you've been hit by the New Year Bug Keep yourself snuggled up - you need to be better for next week-end

Comment

Oh no! Sounds like you've been hit by the New Year Bug Keep yourself snuggled up - you need to be better for next week-end
                          I need to be better for Sunday - big family do for my dad's 60th.
                          sigpic
                          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                            I need to be better for Sunday - big family do for my dad's 60th.
                            Oh you must! So keep yourself double-snuggled and drink lots of fluids - 60th birthdays are HUGE!

Comment

Well looks like I am going to have to have my roof repaired. I still haven't been given an estimate yet, but a whole section was done wrong and the idiot even sliced through a few of the shingles. Wonderful..... and I wonder why there is a leak. Only outside right now - but it will move inside eventually. That is why I guess I'll have to find the money to fix about 1/4 of my roof! Too late to cancel AT7 (not that I want to) but that plane fare money would have come in handy right now. Waiting for an estimate.

Wonderful way to start the new year!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Nad, I'll pass them on

The sentence that has stuck in my mind is:

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on the world."
                                Aww. So true.

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                You didn't hun. I'm the notorious threadkiller.
                                Good to know. We're watching you...

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                                Bleurgh. Sick. Not a good start to the new year

That's a lovely thing to have said, Jumble. Still sending you all hugs.

Right. Back to bed
                                Yuck!
                                *hugs*

Originally posted by llp View Post
                                Well looks like I am going to have to have my roof repaired. I still haven't been given an estimate yet, but a whole section was done wrong and the idiot even sliced through a few of the shingles. Wonderful..... and I wonder why there is a leak. Only outside right now - but it will move inside eventually. That is why I guess I'll have to find the money to fix about 1/4 of my roof! Too late to cancel AT7 (not that I want to) but that plane fare money would have come in handy right now. Waiting for an estimate.

Wonderful way to start the new year!
                                Oh no!
                                *hugs*
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X